Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon and the Black Armband [Merged threads]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry but she was banging on like some sad Womens Institute old dear about the "kid's today"...

I like the fact that Leon was pissed off.

I understand the good work she does etc.. but get a life please.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Liz has always had it in for Leon and if you had the misfortune of sitting anywhere near her in the North Stand as I do you would hear her slagging him off week in, week out.

No doubt she could barely contain her excitement when he gave her a reason to ring up and slag him off over the airwaves.

And shame on Harty for joining in the witch hunt.

He was silly for removing the armband, but he's young and fiery and we all know what he's like and I for one am happy to live with his faults for what he brings to the team but some people seem determined to drive him away from this club.

Richie Morris said:
Ok.

Our passing game fell to pieces today when we decided it was a far better idea to lump the ball forward aimlessly.

Had McCammon been playing I am sure that he would have suited this style more then Hart.

BUT

We look far more dangerous when we play the ball on the ground and just because our passing game went to pieces does not mean we should resort to the long ball game.

What it should mean is that McGhee notices the midfield was struggling and introduces someone to counter this, i.e. Nicolas or Hammond. That way we can get the passing going again and threaten the other teams goal more.

The problem I find with McCammon is that he is completely one dimensional.

Defenders know that even if they cannot compete with him in the air, they can just drop off him because he will either flick it on to nobody, or try to control the ball and lets be honest, having the ball at his feet is not his strong point.

I think sticking a big bloke up front it an instinctive reaction to passes going astray and midfield struggling but ultimately the wrong one because the temptation then is to just continuously pump high balls up. High balls that then just result in the other team getting the ball back and the defence being under more pressure.

Hmmm. Morris or McGhee. Which one should I trust? I'm confused. :jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am dying to spill the beans on her former relationship with John Lees but won't on the grounds that it would not be fair on John, who is a top bloke.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Like I said before it's a matter of values. Some look on an armband as a sign of respect. Then others think it is just something you wear to keep other people happy. Everybody has their own values and I don't really think anyone should take the piss out of another just because theirs are different.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Richie Morris said:
If you actually watched his marker closesly before he removed the band you would have noticed that on more then a few occasions the defender actually used the arm band to tug and wrestle Knight.

Not excusing him but the players who came on the radio seemed to be backing him 110%.

So what radio station were you listening to??? Not one Brighton player on SCR was asked the question about Knight's armband at all... just the pen

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
MidlandSeagull69 said:
excuse my ignorance but who is Liz Costa???? ???

She is the Uberfuhrer of the official supporters club and head of the woolie hatted coach brigade.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
And incidentally - yes it was a bit disrespectful, but the reaction of some of the radio callers was way over the top...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
MidlandSeagull69 said:
excuse my ignorance but who is Liz Costa???? ???

She organizes the coach trips and is vice chairman of the Supporters Club.

Aug 21, 2003
birmingham
El Presidente said:
She is the Uberfuhrer of the official supporters club and head of the woolie hatted coach brigade.

ah that'll be why i've never heard of her, thank you and i take it she is brighton through and through? cut her in half and she'll bleed blue and white blood?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Brighton fans are sometimes thick as ****...

Thanks to all those morons who felt it worth bringing the Leon Knight incident to the attention of the media... well done. Well done indeed.

:tosser: all of you...

Let the club sort it out? Nah.. lets start a media hate bandwagon instead...

Yeah it was disrespectful, but why can't some of you keep your mouths shut?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She is well meaning in her own way, but it is a generational thing, and she is from another era.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oh good idea, lets hide the truth in case it upsets someone.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
El Presidente said:
She is well meaning in her own way, but it is a generational thing, and she is from another era.

Before racism was invented?

And by that I dont mean she is racist. Just thats always the defence for old people who are racist...'oh, they are from another era'.

Well meaning? Yes. Without a doubt.

Out of order in treatment of Knight? Yes. Without a doubt.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here