Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon and the Black Armband [Merged threads]

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
At what point in the game did he take it off? Was this similar to the two previous occasions.

He must realise he is in the public eye when he does this? I agree he has the choice (to wear or not to wear an armband) but if he wants to avoid being the focus of attention for it, he should either remove it very discretly or explain his reasons for taking it off. Otherwise he is just setting himself up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I heard him tell the people in the North Stand where to go, and gave them the wanker sign afterwards. Not good, but they were giving him far too much abuse.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
The Great Cornholio said:
I'm just saying what the complaints were. I didn't see it so can't comment. But the first guy said he ripped it off after missing during the breakaway with him and Hart.
The point was also made that a number of supporters shouted at him about what he'd just done, to which he reportedly swore back at them. So something more than just REMOVING his armband must have happened.

larus

FFS, do you really think the gesture was aimed at Virgo or his dad.

He wants to win (thank god). He's getting pissed off so takes his frustration out on something. That something happens to be an armband. OK, in an ideal world, he wouldn't have done it, but at least he doesn't stand there shouting abuse at his team-mates as certain other 'Legends' have done in the recent past.

Give the guy credit for what he's done for us, and how much he's changed his attitude. At least he looks like he wants to play for us.

He doesn't dive about any more, doesn't roll around at the slightest knock (well, maybe occasionally), doesn't get the strop and slouch about.

He may not be perfrect for some of you (probably because he's not BZ), but at least give the guy some credit for what he has done. He's still a young man, but his acts of temper get seen by thousands and criticised.

How many of you have done stupid things at 21, shit I still do them at 42.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As i said on another thread, Knight told the fans to F*ck off, and made the wanker gesture at them. That is why he ended up getting more abuse than he should

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: liz costa

empire said:
stupid cow,whats she on!!!!

Can someone explain ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She does a great job. She just has more traditional views than some.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Richie Morris said:
Knight is the most talented player in our squad and I do not understand why some people seem intent on driving him out.

They know that if he goes it weakens the squad. They only go to the matches to be miserable and see us lose so they can wer their martyr's halos so a weaker squad makes it better for them.

Some of them are gutted that they have been unable to get stuck into their 'DK Out' mantras as we have had a run of good results recently.

Re: Lets all pick on Leon Knight shall we?

Richie Morris said:
So heres an idea, lets all just abuse him for no reason and hopefully he will not sign a new contract and we can all enjoy having lumbering oafs like Mark McCammon playing up front for Brighton.

I dispair sometimes, I really do.

It's very laudable that you're sticking up for Leon and, for what it's worth, I agree 100% with you about the cheap shots being made against our star No7.

But why in defending one player do you feel you have to make ignorant cheap shots against another? Aren't you PRECISELY illustrating the stupid mentality of those who scapegoat Leon?

Read your programme notes today. McGhee is desperate to get Big Mac back - and whether it happens now or at the end of the season, it will happen, McGhee is pledging that.

And you can see why today! We need various options in attack and today we were too one-dimensional, our passing game was eclipsed and we needed a MCCammon-type to come and give the Forest defenders something different to think about.

Richie, rather than berate the Leon critics in that blunderbus way of yours - show them a classier way in which you can discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our players - and you can start with Mark McCammon!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
She basically slated Leon for the arm band affair and Harty being the arse rimmer he is lapped it up.

What was said:

Harty: And welcome to Liz Costa who I wish was my girlfriend.

Liz: I hate Leon Knight and what he did was a disgrace and I am going to conveniently ignore the fact that both Kuipers and Oatway did the same.

Harty: Sounds fair. I hear you have started a new campaign in the last few minutes Liz, tell me more...

Liz: Yes, it is the 'Lets try and force the most talented player we have out of the club' campaign and we are hoping to raise its profile with a sponsored witch hunt.

Harty: Sounds like a cracking idea. Did I mention I know some of the players? That makes me well cool.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok.

Our passing game fell to pieces today when we decided it was a far better idea to lump the ball forward aimlessly.

Had McCammon been playing I am sure that he would have suited this style more then Hart.

BUT

We look far more dangerous when we play the ball on the ground and just because our passing game went to pieces does not mean we should resort to the long ball game.

What it should mean is that McGhee notices the midfield was struggling and introduces someone to counter this, i.e. Nicolas or Hammond. That way we can get the passing going again and threaten the other teams goal more.

The problem I find with McCammon is that he is completely one dimensional.

Defenders know that even if they cannot compete with him in the air, they can just drop off him because he will either flick it on to nobody, or try to control the ball and lets be honest, having the ball at his feet is not his strong point.

I think sticking a big bloke up front it an instinctive reaction to passes going astray and midfield struggling but ultimately the wrong one because the temptation then is to just continuously pump high balls up. High balls that then just result in the other team getting the ball back and the defence being under more pressure.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
larus said:
FFS, do you really think the gesture was aimed at Virgo or his dad.

He wants to win (thank god). He's getting pissed off so takes his frustration out on something. That something happens to be an armband. OK, in an ideal world, he wouldn't have done it, but at least he doesn't stand there shouting abuse at his team-mates as certain other 'Legends' have done in the recent past.

Give the guy credit for what he's done for us, and how much he's changed his attitude. At least he looks like he wants to play for us.

He doesn't dive about any more, doesn't roll around at the slightest knock (well, maybe occasionally), doesn't get the strop and slouch about.

He may not be perfrect for some of you (probably because he's not BZ), but at least give the guy some credit for what he has done. He's still a young man, but his acts of temper get seen by thousands and criticised.

How many of you have done stupid things at 21, shit I still do them at 42.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here