May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Calm down. It's just a game!:jester:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
:clap:

Well said Richie.

I didn't hear all of the phone-in, but if Liz Costa chose to criticise Knight for that action, then shame on her.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Repugnant Toad said:
:clap:

Well said Richie.

I didn't hear all of the phone-in, but if Liz Costa chose to criticise Knight for that action, then shame on her.

Both her and Harty were very hard on him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As I said on the thread I started it is a mountain out of a mole hill situation.

Best not start a thread on football again.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Re: Leon and the Black Armband

Beach Hut said:
Personally I think there is a bit of a mountain out of a mole hill here.

He has thrown it off twice before.

What's your view ?

He did get rid of the armband against QPR and at home against Gillingham. He obvously has a reason for not liking them. However he could be more discreet.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Liz Costa phoned up to say how terrible it was and how Leon had done this sort of thing before at QPR and Watford games.

Basically, her and Harty slated Leon well over the top.

Anyone would think they were Brighton fans who wanted our best players to have lots of confidence.

I also seem to remember Harty defending Rooney on his show not that long ago.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Leon and the Black Armband

oapdodge said:
However he could be more discreet.

That's a fair comment - Kuipers just took his off and placed it behind the goal, although I guess that's easier in his position.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Richie Morris said:
Basically, her and Harty slated Leon well over the top.

It was first mentioned in a text message to SCR and I think they contacted the caller.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't hear a single word of abuse at Withdean aimed at Leon this afternoon. I heard groans of frustration as we relentlessly gave the ball away late in the game, but it was a good point gained. Where was Leon getting abuse from?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Icy Gull said:
I didn't hear a single word of abuse at Withdean aimed at Leon this afternoon. I heard groans of frustration as we relentlessly gave the ball away late in the game, but it was a good point gained. Where was Leon getting abuse from?

The centre of the North Stand principally.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have heard from 'sources' that Liz Costa is going to KNIT Leon an armband that has built in motion sensors in it, and if he tries to remove it then it will EXPLODE as it is full of Semtex. Is this allowable under FA Rules?

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Leon does not deserve the crap people direct at him. Yes he has in the past gone to ground too easily but i think his overall game is improving despite his lack of goals this season.
Do the moaners want to drive him out of the club? We need him to sign a new contract otherwise our most gifted player will leave.
Perhaps the moaners should try a novel approach to going to matches, try supporting the team and players use the energy they expend in moaning in a new direction and get behind the boys.

Alby said:
Leon does not deserve the crap people direct at him. Yes he has in the past gone to ground too easily but i think his overall game is improving despite his lack of goals this season.
Do the moaners want to drive him out of the club? We need him to sign a new contract otherwise our most gifted player will leave.
Perhaps the moaners should try a novel approach to going to matches, try supporting the team and players use the energy they expend in moaning in a new direction and get behind the boys.

I think you are missing the point here. The complaints were not about his play, they were about him ripping off his armband in a petulant fit - for the 3rd time according to some people. I have my views on it but at the end of the day, it is Virgs who has the right to be offended or not.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I don't know about a petulant fit, he just took it off and dropped it on the ground, as did Kuipers. I don't think either deserve criticism.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I think the main point here is that he didn't just remove the arm band like some of the other player had, he ripped it off and THREW it to the ground!!! That's what the people who saw it are saying. Whatever your viewpoint is you've got to admit that is disrespectful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here