Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Larry Boyd rejoins the Albion

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Another backroom member of staff with local league experience,in Lloyds case some years ago.He was noted for finding non-league talent, as an inexperienced manager Wilkins should be backed up by experienced mature back up team.
Yet another Cheap Option,Oh Dear.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I always thought at the time that he was a crap manager but should have stayed at the club in some sort of capacity. After all were we not one of the first to venture behind the Iron Curtain to get players - certainly has an eye for a decent player

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Puppet returns then soon will come his masters.

What next New chairman Mr Greg Stanley followed by Mr Archer and may i introduce Mr Belloti.:D

ooooh..I think you are a bit off the mark there.

however it would not surprise me in the slightest if in some dark corner Barry is being lined up with a comeback with a board room coup de tat......

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
NO WAY !!!! FFS , Lloyd was at the heart of the demise of the playing side . His idea of drafting in non leaguers ahead of decent pro's started the decline. Granted had a good season but overall he left club in worse state than when he arrived and was awful

No, the club was in financial meltdown, we had a matter of weeks to avoid bankruptcy. Lloyd was given the unenviable job of getting rid of any player that another club would pay for, getting shot of the high earners, making up the player shortfall with cheap buys and free signings and keeping the club out of the relegation zone.
Not only did he manage it, but he got us to the play-off final. I doubt any other manager could have done it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
May I ask why ?

He was shit.Also Reading away when Foster pushed him in the back for him to get into the box for a corner.He just mooched in.Foster was not happy.He wasn't that liked by the north stand

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No, the club was in financial meltdown, we had a matter of weeks to avoid bankruptcy. Lloyd was given the unenviable job of getting rid of any player that another club would pay for, getting shot of the high earners, making up the player shortfall with cheap buys and free signings and keeping the club out of the relegation zone.
Not only did he manage it, but he got us to the play-off final. I doubt any other manager could have done it.

115k for 2 players
100k for farrington
125k byrne
60k gall

off top of head , so not quite meltdown. When he took over he ran playing side instantly down. Cooper IN, saunders out 60k , tiltman in......list goes on

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
115k for 2 players
100k for farrington
125k byrne
60k gall

off top of head , so not quite meltdown. When he took over he ran playing side instantly down. Cooper IN, saunders out 60k , tiltman in......list goes on

Wrong,Barry Lloyd was forced to sell these players to keep the club going.Alan Mullery had to sell Gary Oreily to the scum.
Lloyd had to sell and the only players he could bring in was crap like cooper and titman.However in the summer when the likes of wilson and young went.It freed up some money and lloyd brought in the likes of Nelson,Brenmer,Wood,Dublin etc.

Barry Lloyd major problem was his crap pr with the fans,also thought until the last season in charge his teams played good football.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Maybe it's an age thing but I remember the Lloyd years with a lot of fondness. Certainly my own little golden era of following the club, with all its ups and downs. Lloyd is basically a good guy who can sniff out talent and if he doesn't deliver, the club will dispense with his services. Wilkins doesn't have to sign any player he doesn't like. So I say ... welcome back Bazza.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Maybe it's an age thing but I remember the Lloyd years with a lot of fondness. Certainly my own little golden era of following the club, with all its ups and downs. Lloyd is basically a good guy who can sniff out talent and if he doesn't deliver, the club will dispense with his services. Wilkins doesn't have to sign any player he doesn't like. So I say ... welcome back Bazza.

Sensible posts on the ego trips and oneupmanship of NSC tend to get ignored but I agree with what your saying.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

with the exception that my personal "golden era" was under Archie McAuley I'll go along with that

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear god no! This is a big step backwards.

:Three, Barry Lloyd has a decent track record of unearthing internationals for us.

You mean selling them for peanuts, dean Saunders, Eric Young etc and bringing in players with dodgy knees or non league dross.

He got lucky with the play offs. We made it with the final kick of the season(Wendys freekick) after playing total shit in the last 10 games, got lucky against an inept Millwall in the semis and back to the usual kack against Notts County.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Saunders out for 60k.. codner and Bisset in For £250,000 from non league Barnet when we are going through "financial meltdown".

Sorry this stinks, the guy was a f***ing nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here