Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Larry Boyd rejoins the Albion

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Great move by the club and shows that now that the club has Falmer that we are starting to feel like a real club again.With Bazza back at the club and Ken Brown as MD it shows the club is moving in the right direction again.
I think at the end of the current season we will see a big clearout of the likes of Mayo,hart,Reid,loft etc and lots of new players arrive at this club.
Now I can understand the logic of keeping hart,loft and mayo just in case Falmer went tits up.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh come on MASSIVE one....you look at my post too seriously my dear freind.

I was meaning....He hasnt worked on the scouting/management side for 15 years..ie employed by a football club on a full-time basis...

Two......I was meaning have they employed him on the cheap instead of employing a well known name in the scouting business who would have coset more...but you pay for what you get.

Three I cant argue with...but it was a long long long time ago.

Four....doesnt have to be high profile....just a good track record and is working for a lower league club....and wants to make the step up.

Five was a joke and im surprised you failed to see that...

I have heard that about Nogan....one of my best mates brothers had a fight with him....cos He went to say hello and shake nogans hand and nogan was pissed and wanted a ruck and told him to fcuk off...and a certain fight took place...where nogan got smashed in the face.

Congratulations, you are living proof that God bothereres are living proof are full of shit. Everything TLO says is utterly correct but you with your petty, ignorant views of a situation of which you are clearly devoid of worthwhile comment show you up to be the profound bore you so utterly are. Thanks for you usual ill informed comments. BTW, THERE IS NO GOD you idiot.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Congratulations, you are living proof that God bothereres are living proof are full of shit. Everything TLO says is utterly correct but you with your petty, ignorant views of a situation of which you are clearly devoid of worthwhile comment show you up to be the profound bore you so utterly are. Thanks for you usual ill informed comments. BTW, THERE IS NO GOD you idiot.

Leave him - half of it was a wind-up.

Look at post No.46 on this thread. Unless he's being sarcastic, I think he's seen the wisdom of the appointment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Says whom? Where did this tasty titbit of info come from?

I am fairly certain that it was said by Dean Whitre in an interview but would stand to be corrected if wrong.

What people are either missing or are not aware of is that the watching of players is done mostly by the scouts who report to the Chief Scout.

A lot of his time is spent watching future opponents and reporting to the manager and on this score I think that his knowledge will be invaluable to us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think at the end of the current season we will see a big clearout of the likes of Mayo,hart,Reid,loft etc and lots of new players arrive at this club.

Reid? The player who was runner-up as player of the year when we were in a division higher and was just about our best player last season before his injury.

I can think of a few players I'd ship out before Reid.

exactly , I remember the fans were patient with Lloyd and there was a real divide about him , but eventually everyone turned and I'm amazed anyone has anything good to say about him. The arguement about the Play off season doesnt tell the story and only those around at the time will understand. The gates were about 2k down purely because he was boss. Im disgusted with the appointment after spending countless weeks outside the west stand trying to get the stubborn w ker out

Fans were patient with BL initially because the team that Mullery put out waas APPALLLING. It was obvious they were going down by late january

Les Berry anyone??????

lloyd's job was do a cattling past Melia and get the high earning deadwood out of the club so that we could have a club to support...........

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Dean Wilkins big tent policy bring them all in Mr Lloyd may not have been the most popular manager of all time but in hindsight he did bring some very good players in so I say welcome back Barry

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just thinking of some of the players and what we could do with right now is a prolific goalscorer like Mark Farrington and a creative midfield general like Les Briley :jester:

Or Nogan

Good move by the club

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
And how many League cup game have we won under ANY manager since then? Can't be arsed to trawl the stats, but I suspect it's not too many above zero....

Ok i'm bored!

Wycombe 1-3 Brighton 23-08-1994
Leicester 0-2 Brighton 05-10-1994
Brighton 2-1 Wimbeldon 21-08-2001 (MK Dons)
Brighton 2-1 Exeter 11-09-2002
Bristol R 0-1 Brighton 12-08-2003
Brighton 1-0 Boston Utd 23-08-2006

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here