Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers transfer listed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And another thing, why is it that Dutch players seem to be the most arsey in the world..........or is it just me that thinks that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Benny Zamora said:
Kuipers is a total pro, loves the club and fans and is a better keeper than Henderson. The decision to drop him for the Southampton game was a typically ridiculous one by McGhee (all for the sake of giving a bloke he got on loan, never played and then fell out with a game, lest we forget) and i am glad Kuipers retains the passion to stand his ground. Yet another reason why McGhee has to go.

How can you say that a player who refuses to sit on the bench is a total pro. Some people also need to remember what Kuipers was like when he first signed. He has improved but is not as good as Henderson now. Considering Henderson will improve it is a clear choice to have Henderson in goal now and people remember Kuipers before his injury and not after.

Taxi

Jul 10, 2003
Littlehampton
Mouldy Boots said:
I support FDM and wish him luck, i reckon he could see no point in an apology as he knew he would never be on a level playing field with this arrogant self obsessed manager at the helm.

MM you may have won your battle with FDM but will you win the war with the more influencial fans - i doubt in some how.

FDM

Thanks for your excellent services which some fans don't seem to appreciate because of there blinkered belief in McGhee.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

spot on

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
withdeanwombat said:
Luckily,we have an INTERNATIONAL flapper,now.

What so Kuipers never flapped?

I think a lot of Henderson's problems are a result of our defence being put under pressure all the time and that he may be affected by some fans criticising him all the way through games for not being Kuipers. Hopefully, if Kuipers leaves, this will not be an issue anymore. He was ok after signing permanently but was much better in his loan spell when the pressure of displacing Kuipers was not around.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Mr Burns said:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Totally agreed. McGhee may have fallen out with some players, but FFS think about who.
'Leo' Knight the little boy who never grew up (in more ways than one!)
McGammon Steak - Big Loss!!!!
Kuipers/French Keeper - Both refused to play for the team after being dropped, both should have been sacked if true.

So good on yer Mark McGhee, get this whineing shit out our club and have players in the mould of Gary Hart, who when left out of the side knuckles down and proves his worth. Not a bunch of twats like those mentioned above.
Oh and for the record, if I had to choose between Kuipers and Henderson, I'd pick Henderson every day. He's a better keeper than Kuipers ever will be. Sure he's made mistakes, but he'll get over it and be a firm favourite for years to come if we can keep him. Not only that, at least he keeps himself fit, unlike Kuipers who seems to always be injuired. Why have a keeper who's only available for half a season each year?

Tend to agree with this, i don't think even Mr Adams would have put up with the attitude of the players that have fallen foul of MM. Its not as though Fdm was not given enough time to apologise. Could never imagine OGH sulking or having a hissy fit after being dropped..................but then he is a true proffesional and he would never let the club or the fans down! FDM was one of my favorate players but i was very dissapointed at his attitude to being dropped. As for Leon Knight and Trolley .........i think MM has been justified in shipping out these two, for whatever reason. Do the fans realy want players who only think about their selves and not buckle down to hard work and try to improve performances playing for the club? I don't ! It was a shame the whole FDM thing happened but it has and the manager seems to have given him a chance to put things right and he has not taken it . Players, no matter how popular or talented cannot dictate to the manager who plays for the team.

Having said all that out of the 3 players to fall out with MM i wish FDM all the best.....thanks for some stunning performances and if you are off to another club ........hope you stay injury free for more than a season!!!!:bowdown:

P.S Hendo although not on top form at mo was a very good buy!:clap:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Stoaty Ferret said:
Great shame about Kuipers as he still is a great keeper - one of the best shot stoppers to ever play for the club. Mcghee has done the right thing here though. [/QUOTE
Bollocks!!]

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:

Has Ferguson gone public over Van Nistelrooy? I must have missed it if he has. But I think he'd have justification what with Ruud reducing Ronaldo to tears at a training session by making comments regarding Ronaldo's recently deceased father!

Is that really true?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Kuipers was in great form till he knackered his shoulder. From what was said at the time he has done well to come back from that injury, so anything we get for him now money wise will be a bonus.

And getting loan keepers is easier than getting loan strikers so it seems, so if having only Henderson means it frees cash up to allow us to get a decent striker into the club then so be it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Finchley Seagull said:
What so Kuipers never flapped?

He was ok after signing permanently but was much better in his loan spell when the pressure of displacing Kuipers was not around.

So if one of the youth keepers start to push for a first team place let's hope what your saying is wrong and he can handle the pressure.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
wallington seagull said:
Having done some scouting for Wigan on keepers- shot stopping is not what managers are looking for, it is more about distribution, both kicking and throwing and bossing the back 4. They EXPECT shot stoppong, catching crosses etc to be a natural part of their game. Kuipers will always be remembered fondly but his kicking was woeful.

Thats like saying one can't be a better shot stopper than the other you banana.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Mouldy Boots said:
So if one of the youth keepers start to push for a first team place let's hope what your saying is wrong and he can handle the pressure.

I think you completely missed my point. You will not have fans moaning about Martin or Sullivan not being in. Some people have forgotten that Kuipers made mistakes while in goal including in his last game and seem to think he was never at fault for a goal. It must be difficult when fans turn against you and moan like in the Stoke game where none of the goals were Henderson's fault and he still got blamed by some.

Whatever people say, Henderson will be a great goalkeeper for us although he still has room to improve. If he did not have room to improve we would not have signed him.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
B.M.F said:
I will be glad when Kuipers has gone. All this Kuipers loving onhere is beyond a joke. Yes he did a good job for us but this season by refusing to play, asking to go on loan and then refusing to appologise smacks of someone who does not give a shit about the team.

Lets hope we can get on with life instead of listening to the FDM is god shit that we have had to put up with on here over the last 6 months. I appreciate what he has done in the past and he has won us games but Hendo is our future and deserves our support.

As for people turning this into yet another Mcghee witchhunt, have you not got anything better to do. You really are pathetic and it is always the same 4 or 5 that do it. You could go on the thread full of beautiful ladies and they will still be there blaming the size of someones tits on Mcghee.

why don't you all just f*** off cos it is really boring now. We all know your views and do not have to read it 100 times a day on almost every thread that is on here.:salute:

Cretin

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our best chance for decent money this summer is to sell Henderson. From what I've seen he's got poor command of his area, does not communicate with his defence and is too often rooted to his line.

We're lucky he's made Ireland U-21. I say cash in now if it prevents a Hinsh or Lynch being sold later.

Kuipers is part of the fabric of the Albion and can still do a job. Experience is lacking, so to kick him out for peanuts is a mistake in my book. £20K will make f*** all difference, £250K for Henderson will make a difference.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
I think you completely missed my point. You will not have fans moaning about Martin or Sullivan not being in. Some people have forgotten that Kuipers made mistakes while in goal including in his last game and seem to think he was never at fault for a goal. It must be difficult when fans turn against you and moan like in the Stoke game where none of the goals were Henderson's fault and he still got blamed by some.

Whatever people say, Henderson will be a great goalkeeper for us although he still has room to improve. If he did not have room to improve we would not have signed him.

Henderson will be a great keeper, but he is raw at present. Keepers generally do not come through until they are a tad older, expections to rule such as Richard Wright, but not many.

The one that has been noticeable with Henderson is that in the last 6 games his confidence was shot to pieces and that needs to be sorted by July.

D

Deleted member 2719

Pavilionaire said:
Our best chance for decent money this summer is to sell Henderson. From what I've seen he's got poor command of his area, does not communicate with his defence and is too often rooted to his line.

We're lucky he's made Ireland U-21. I say cash in now if it prevents a Hinsh or Lynch being sold later.

Kuipers is part of the fabric of the Albion and can still do a job. Experience is lacking, so to kick him out for peanuts is a mistake in my book. �20K will make f*** all difference, �250K for Henderson will make a difference.

Not such a crazy idea.

It would mean MM having to leave as i don't feel he will patch things up.

Go on MM dare you.
:clap: :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we're going to have youngsters like Lynch, El-Abd, Hinsh featuring prominently in defence they'll need someone vocal with experience to organise them. Henderson does not communicate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here