Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers transfer listed

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pavilionaire said:
Kuipers has been bloody good for this club and I'm gutted that McGhee treats him like a piece of shit. Christ, even Blayney is better than Henderson.

Blayney is not better than Henderson and was going to cost at least £50k to sign. Henderson is now an Irish international and cost us £20k. That is less than we signed Darren Carr for so how people can think that is expensive is beyond me.

How can you comment on how McGhee treats Kuipers. Were you there? Assumptions like this make you look ridiculous as all details given so far make it look like Kuipers has treated the club like shit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stinky Kat said:
If Henderson gets injured next year we will be off loaning keepers of the quality of Stuart Jones, Ross Flitney or Andy Petterson. No the club never does learn.

Is it worth paying Kuipers wages, as I imagine they would be pretty high, for a season on the bench. I don't think so.

We have two supposedly promising keepers in reserve (three if you count Winterton) so why not give them a go. We are a level down and if Henderson is out for one game we should try them. Should Henderson get a long term injury there are always keepers around and we are a level lower now so it should be easier to find a League One quality keeper.

I also think that it is harsh to class Stuart Jones, who I thought did ok, in the same area as Petterson and Flitney, who were both poor. He was better than that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Stinky Kat said:
If Henderson gets injured next year we will be off loaning keepers of the quality of Stuart Jones, Ross Flitney or Andy Petterson. No the club never does learn.

I am guessing that if Martin is good enough for the bench, he is good enough to play. We can't afford to have two 'senior' keepers on our wage bill and one of them has to go.
Up and coming Irish international or ageing keeper?

It makes sense, but it is a shame.

Goodbye Michel and thanks for the memories. :clap:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Well DONE McGhee.

Mug.

Well done Kuipers.

Fool!

When will you anti-McGhee cronies realise that it is not as cut and dried as you would all like it to be? There is almost certainly blame on both sides in this case but none of you people will ever admit that-it's only ever McGhee's fault:rolleyes:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
kuipers hasn't been number one for 3 seasons now. He's a great keeper but is tad to getting injured.

tho not a massive fan of MM I think in this case he has done the right thing.

Lets be honest - who is going to be the more marketable in the next year or two?

Kuipers a proven lower league goalkeeper or Henderson a young Irish international goalkeeper?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
BarrelofFun said:

Goodbye Michel and thanks for the memories. :clap:

And you'll be welcomed back whenever you visit Brighton.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
If everyone is fit probably number 5, but that goes to show that England have a shortage of goal keepers.

He'd be lucky, I would say Robinson, James, Green, Martyn, Kirkland and potentially Wright are ahead of him in the pecking order if all were fit and and playing regularly.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I would like to see Martin and Sullivan make the step up which means getting rid of one of the current keepers and I'm afraid that has to be Kuipers.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
He'd be lucky, I would say Robinson, James, Green, Martyn, Kirkland and potentially Wright are ahead of him in the pecking order if all were fit and and playing regularly.

Martyn is not, simply as he told England he would only be considered for selection if he played.

But Wright until getting injured again was showing some form again.

Still what is Steve doing commenting on England?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think without a shadow of a doubt that their is obviously fault on both sides on this and MM version obviously is his version of events on not 100% truth.

However, MM is Kuipers boss and therefore Kuipers basically has to put up with the choices that MM makes.

We don't all get on with our bosses, and at the end of the day we all have to respect their decisions and get on with it.... i know that if i threw a hissy fit at my boss i would have to apologise otherwise be at risk of losing my job.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Martyn is not, simply as he told England he would only be considered for selection if he played.

But Wright until getting injured again was showing some form again.

Still what is Steve doing commenting on England?

But if Martyn hasn't retired then he could surely still be considered as being ahead of Carson. Lets be honest he is there more by defult than anything. I do also agree that keepers mature later.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
BarrelofFun said:
I am guessing that if Martin is good enough for the bench, he is good enough to play.

But Chris May was good enough for the bench but then not played after his one appearance as a sub

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
But if Martyn hasn't retired then he could surely still be considered as being ahead of Carson. Lets be honest he is there more by defult than anything. I do also agree that keepers mature later.

That much is true.

Carson being near the squad is a worry as when he has played for the U21's he has not looked convincing and before Steve says he kept a clean sheet at Withdean, well he was hardly stretched that day.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Finchley Seagull said:
Is it worth paying Kuipers wages, as I imagine they would be pretty high, for a season on the bench. I don't think so.

I think it is? Last time in the 3rd tier we payed Kuipers and Roberts.

I also think that it is harsh to class Stuart Jones, who I thought did ok, in the same area as Petterson and Flitney, who were both poor. He was better than that.

I disagree on Jones , I thought he was poor on the occasions I saw him, especially Luton away

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
That much is true.

Carson being near the squad is a worry as when he has played for the U21's he has not looked convincing and before Steve says he kept a clean sheet at Withdean, well he was hardly stretched that day.

My mate who is a Wednesday supporter says he's been steady but nothing spectacular. Always wonder what has happened with Stuart Taylor, always thought he looked decent. Reckon Lenny Pidgeley at Chelsea might be alright in a few years time.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Stinky Kat said:
Taylor is in Villas reserves I think

Meant more along the lines of wondering what had happened to his progress, I don't really rate Sorenson and thought Taylor might break through.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
My mate who is a Wednesday supporter says he's been steady but nothing spectacular. Always wonder what has happened with Stuart Taylor, always thought he looked decent. Reckon Lenny Pidgeley at Chelsea might be alright in a few years time.

Taylor has never been overly impressive.

In fairness it was known that England lacked quality in this position, it has not helped that Kirkland is always injured as it was expected he would offer Robinson some competition. Also Richard Wright's career has not gone as people expected.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Taylor has never been overly impressive.

In fairness it was known that England lacked quality in this position, it has not helped that Kirkland is always injured as it was expected he would offer Robinson some competition. Also Richard Wright's career has not gone as people expected.

Very true. Will be interesting to see who comes through nest few years. Camp looks ok but I'm not sure, Pidgeley as I mentioned at Chelsea. Who knows maybe Martin or Sullivan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here