humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
i guess we will be well f***ed if leeds sign henderson then:nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Benny Zamora said:
Actually i don't know why me and Wilka are defending him, i seem to remember him threatening to beat the shit out of us at the training ground once!

He's still a top man though...

Why?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Henderson has good and bad points but he might improve. Kuipers has good and bad points but is unlikely to improve.

Henderson could make us £250k.
Kuipers could make us £10K.

Henderson doesn't talk to the defence.
Kuipers does.

All in all I think I would keep Henderson, he might prove to be a very good keeper. Still think Martin will be the best one out of all our keepers.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
good solid keeper but cant have players like that at the club,well done mm ,onwards and upwards

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Arrid said:
Thats like saying one can't be a better shot stopper than the other you banana.

Speaking as a keeper, Wallington is correct in what he is saying, you can be the best shot stopper in the world but if you cannot distribute it quickly and effectively then managers are not interested.

Since the change in the back pass rule in the early 1990s keepers are now expected to be able to use their feet effectively.

Much as I like Kuipers his distribution was woeful at times, Adams, Taylor and Coppell had issues about this too.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Franks Wild Years said:
IMHO if you're a pro you don't sulk if you're benched. You accept it and work hard to get your place back. He's a legend but we dont need that sort of attitude.

Agreed. I reckoen you can blame Leon Knight for setting that shit off, and Kuipers himself for being stupid enough to think that sort of toddler tantrum behaviour would be acceptable. Still think McGhee's being more than a bit precious about it all though - I think he's the best keeper we have and would like him back.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Les Biehn said:
Henderson has good and bad points but he might improve. Kuipers has good and bad points but is unlikely to improve.

Henderson could make us £250k.
Kuipers could make us £10K.

Henderson doesn't talk to the defence.
Kuipers does.

All in all I think I would keep Henderson, he might prove to be a very good keeper. Still think Martin will be the best one out of all our keepers.
hard to find fault with any of that:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers has had some great moments at the Albion. But he's also made his fair share of pretty calamitous errors too. I can recall him dropping one over the line against Hartlepool for example, and anyone who suggests there weren't any others is either lying or fooling themselves.

Henderson didn't have a great second half of the season, but I'm one who does happen to believe he will improve dramatically next season and prove to be a key player for us. I don't know why, call it a hunch.

Without wishing to blindly defend McGhee, those of you who automatically, unthinkingly side with FDM on this perhaps need to get the full story. FDM is free to air his views, contrary to what you said, in the same way that little shit Leon Knight did. But he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't have much of a defence?

I remember it being implied by two players, long before any of this Henderson v Kuipers stuff came about, that FDM is very highly strung, and prone to throwing hissy fits if he didn't get his way. Which would seem to go along with the official line.

I am still ambiguous about MM's future at the club, although the Stoke game made me lean considerably more towards the "get rid of him" school of thought. But I will NOT side completely with Michel Kuipers purely because of some McGhee Out agenda, and without having any of the facts to hand. Unlike (seemingly) a lot of people on here.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Totally agree Les, apart from the last sentence. My sources tell me that Sullivan is a better keeper than Martin, it's just Martin is more "in" at the club. Martin, by all accounts, has a few serious problems if he is to make it.

I've seen both anumber of times and both are very good, but Martin has a touch of class, my only problems with him is he doesn't talk to his defence that much. Sullivan seems to spill the ball a bit but his communication with his defence is excellent.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fragmented Badger said:
Martin, by all accounts, has a few serious problems if he is to make it.

But he himself said his haircut was a mistake and has rectified it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the line "He's fallen out with the manager and we don't need players like that at the club".

So thats Kuipers, Chaigneau, Knight, McCammon and probably one or two I've forgotten. Is it always the players fault or is there something else going on here?

Pavilionaire said:
I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the line "He's fallen out with the manager and we don't need players like that at the club".

So thats Kuipers, Chaigneau, Knight, McCammon and probably one or two I've forgotten. Is it always the players fault or is there something else going on here?

The one or two you've forgotten is because they don't exist.

Yes, 4 players, all of whom had something in common, they were becoming fringe to our playing requirements hence why they decided to kick up. Chaigneau doesn't actually belong on that list anyway because he apologised to McGhee for his teenager's outburst and was brought back into the fold - so it's actually just 3.

Uncle Buck said:
Henderson will be a great keeper, but he is raw at present. Keepers generally do not come through until they are a tad older, expections to rule such as Richard Wright, but not many.

The one that has been noticeable with Henderson is that in the last 6 games his confidence was shot to pieces and that needs to be sorted by July.

Scott Carson is just 20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here