Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers transfer listed

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The whole situation just makes me feel a little sad. Whatever way you look at it we're losing a decent keeper who was an integral part of the side that gave this club it's pride back. I would say that with Zamora and Cullip, Kuipers was instrumental in those back to back titles. So to see a player like that go is a little sad. To see him leave in these circumstances makes it all the worse. Either he's behaved like a child, or the manager has. Either way it's sad. Then we have the fans bickering like schoolgirls over who's better. Allround, just sad.

Farewell Kuipers, an Albion Legend.(in my book at least).

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
The one or two you've forgotten is because they don't exist.

Yes, 4 players, all of whom had something in common, they were becoming fringe to our playing requirements hence why they decided to kick up. Chaigneau doesn't actually belong on that list anyway because he apologised to McGhee for his teenager's outburst and was brought back into the fold - so it's actually just 3.

So it's only 3?

Well that's Ok then:dunce:

You cannot seriously tell me that it's nothing at all to do with the manager.

gerbil said:
So it's only 3?

Well that's Ok then:dunce:
Yeah, it is actually, go round any football club and you will see players surplus to requirements "falling out" with managers all the time. This is a fairly routine thing in football but I guess you may fool a few kids on here by pretending otherwise. Good luck :wave:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
Yeah, it is actually, go round any football club and you will see players surplus to requirements "falling out" with managers all the time. This is a fairly routine thing in football but I guess you may fool a few kids on here by pretending otherwise. Good luck :wave:

Right...I can't really remember so many players publicly falling out with a manager before but I'm sure you're right,you normally are.

As for players being "surplus to requirements" that's fine but isn't it a good idea to replace them when you have a small squad such as ours,but again I'm sure you're right.

By the way nice swerving around the last part of my post about how it can't ALWAYS be the players fault and Magoo must shoulder a fair amount of the blame himself,but like I said you're normally always right aren't you?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
edna krabappel said:
I will NOT side completely with Michel Kuipers purely because of some McGhee Out agenda, and without having any of the facts to hand. Unlike (seemingly) a lot of people on here. [/B]

Well put...........................What a lot of McGhee outers forget is that most managers would have treated Michel Kuipers in the same way.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Is that really true?

During 'a heated exchange' Van Nistelrooy told the young Portuguese to go and talk to "his dad" - a disparaging reference, says The Independent, to United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz.

The remark carried particular sting, as Ronaldo lost his father in September - a bereavement that has been widely seen as responsible for the very loss of form earlier in the season that Van Nistelrooy was so critical of. A 'clearly upset' Ronaldo replied that he 'did not have a dad.'

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bwian said:
During 'a heated exchange' Van Nistelrooy told the young Portuguese to go and talk to "his dad" - a disparaging reference, says The Independent, to United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz.

The remark carried particular sting, as Ronaldo lost his father in September - a bereavement that has been widely seen as responsible for the very loss of form earlier in the season that Van Nistelrooy was so critical of. A 'clearly upset' Ronaldo replied that he 'did not have a dad.'

Shit, i don't think RVN meant it in that way but given the circustances that is fecking harsh.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Kuipers has had some great moments at the Albion. But he's also made his fair share of pretty calamitous errors too. I can recall him dropping one over the line against Hartlepool for example, and anyone who suggests there weren't any others is either lying or fooling themselves.

Henderson didn't have a great second half of the season, but I'm one who does happen to believe he will improve dramatically next season and prove to be a key player for us. I don't know why, call it a hunch.

Without wishing to blindly defend McGhee, those of you who automatically, unthinkingly side with FDM on this perhaps need to get the full story. FDM is free to air his views, contrary to what you said, in the same way that little shit Leon Knight did. But he hasn't. Maybe he doesn't have much of a defence?

I remember it being implied by two players, long before any of this Henderson v Kuipers stuff came about, that FDM is very highly strung, and prone to throwing hissy fits if he didn't get his way. Which would seem to go along with the official line.

I am still ambiguous about MM's future at the club, although the Stoke game made me lean considerably more towards the "get rid of him" school of thought. But I will NOT side completely with Michel Kuipers purely because of some McGhee Out agenda, and without having any of the facts to hand. Unlike (seemingly) a lot of people on here.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

very well said

Uncle Buck said:
Yes he is and he is not a regular with the club that own him, at best he is third choice.

I see :D And remind me where he currently is in the England pecking order? :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So we get rid of a perfectly good, athletic keeper for peanuts and squander some more of our very limited resources on replacing him. giving us once again, a first choice keeper, an understudy and a couple of kiddies we never use. Doesn't the club ever learn? :shootself

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I suppose though if we can get 20K for Kuipers it is almost a like for like swap with Henderson, except Hendo is younger and has more potential.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers has been bloody good for this club and I'm gutted that McGhee treats him like a piece of shit. Christ, even Blayney is better than Henderson.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I think whoever we get to replace him should at least have served in his native country's armed forces, preferably in the kitchens.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Contrast his reaction to being subbed at half time of the season's opener in the 3rd div Championship season, with his response this time. I suspect that, as is usually the case in things like this, the fault lies somewhere between the two. If Kuipers had shown the maturity he showed after Adams basically humiliated him at Southend this time round, none of this would have happened. That said, McGhee seems to carry grudges around like a bag of training balls. Would an apology really have secured Kuipers a future at the club?

So long and good luck Michel, thanks for the memories. That save against Blackpool in a midweek home game was the greatest save I've ever seen by an Albion 'keeper, he deserves to be welcomed back should he ever appear against us.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Tom Hark said:
So we get rid of a perfectly good, athletic keeper for peanuts and squander some more of our very limited resources on replacing him. giving us once again, a first choice keeper, an understudy and a couple of kiddies we never use. Doesn't the club ever learn? :shootself

If Henderson gets injured next year we will be off loaning keepers of the quality of Stuart Jones, Ross Flitney or Andy Petterson. No the club never does learn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here