Votes: 45 35.7%
  • Let them play a half each

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Silent Bob said:

Both are good keepers, but have their bad points.

Sadly, that's too reasonable a viewpoint for this particular debate.

To get the most out of your participation in this thread you need to choose one(it doesn't really matter which) then claim that he's infinitely better than the other. you should also try your best to denigrate the other keeper, if you can characature him in some way-perhaps as a decisive, turncoat rebble, or a bumbling, paddy buffoon- that would be splendid.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Redhead said:
Spot on, he's not in the Ireland squad for drinking Guiness.

but lets be honest, EVERYONE knows kuipers should of played for holland at some point in his career

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
garry nelsons left foot said:
Sadly, that's too reasonable a viewpoint for this particular debate.

To get the most out of your participation in this thread you need to choose one(it doesn't really matter which) then claim that he's infinitely better than the other. you should also try your best to denigrate the other keeper, if you can characature him in some way-perhaps as a decisive, turncoat rebble, or a bumbling, paddy buffoon- that would be splendid.
:lolol: I'll try to do better in future.

I still think bareknuckle boxing is the way to pick between them.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easy 10 said:
McShane and OGH both have unfortunate OG's to their name from last season thanks primarily to Hendo's alarming penchant for parrying the ball instead of gathering it. I'm sure its all very continental this parrying malarky (all the rage in the World Cup), and maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I really do prefer to see our goalies HOLD ON to the f***ing thing.

Definitely. If Henderson wore tracksuit bottoms and had a blonde curly wig on you'd think it was Perry Digweed between the sticks.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I think some people who say Kuipers, can't remember what Henderson did against Preston last season. If it wasn't for him we could of lost that game 3-0. The saves he did that day where outstanding, I think Henderson will be in goal against Rotherham next saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
brightonfan_86 said:
I think some people who say Kuipers, can't remember what Henderson did against Preston last season. If it wasn't for him we could of lost that game 3-0. The saves he did that day where outstanding, I think Henderson will be in goal against Rotherham next saturday.

The same works for Kuipers at Molineux in the 1-1 draw and at the city ground vs Forest.

It seems too close to call at the moment as they have both been very good preseason and it is good that we have this situation again. It would have been nice to have the same competition for places at the close of last season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Neither keeper is without faults - they're both capable of having stinkers, just like any other keeper. But on balance, I think Kuipers is simply the more reliable, and has safer handling. He's also far more vocal with his defenders, and like a keeper who COMMUNICATES all the time.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Scotty M said:
but lets be honest, EVERYONE knows kuipers should of played for holland at some point in his career

Quite how his performances in the third and fourth tier of English football, didnt warrant him taking Van Der Saar's place in the side I will never know.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
He's also far more vocal with his defenders, and like a keeper who COMMUNICATES all the time.
That's not really true though. Sure he shouts "AWAY" all the time, but Henderson seems to actually talk to the defence much more.

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
It's Henderson for me. But we are blessed to have two quality keepers at the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Silent Bob said:
That's not really true though. Sure he shouts "AWAY" all the time, but Henderson seems to actually talk to the defence much more.
No.
You're wrong.
Thats wrong, that is.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Henderson. Kuipers had a little sulk and refused to play for us when he was dropped! Why is he still here? He should have been told to f*** off with Leo Knight and McCammon

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Mr Burns said:
Henderson. Kuipers had a little sulk and refused to play for us when he was dropped! Why is he still here? He should have been told to f*** off with Leo Knight and McCammon

Hmmm, difference is Kuipers apoligised. Knight was never going to & McCammon aired his views on SCR. They had to go, Kuipers as long as he see's the error in his ways is more than welcome to fight for the shirt as far as I'm concerned.

D

Deleted member 2719

Kuipers must start as he is proven consistent keeper- Hendo has yet to prove he can be consistent so he can bide his time for injuries to FDM or poor performances.

Maybe to keep both keepers on their toes use Hendo in the cup Games.

FDM-"Brighton,Brightons No1................."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here