• Let them play a half each

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
chez said:
Who was also a better keeper than Kuipers.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I almost shit myself laughing at that.
:tosser:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
chez said:
He only has trouble holding onto, or palming out shots that Kuipers would have been picking out the back of the net.
Stop being an arse monkey. Kuipers strength is his shot stopping, Hendo only gets in the team for his alleged distribution skills.

Oct 25, 2003
algie said:
Age has f*** all to do with it.How old is man u and Arsenals keepers?

what?

i never said it was

my point was that henderson is better

the fact that he has a lot of potential was my secondary point

christ who raped your arse this morning?

jonny.rainbow said:
Looks like Henderson will start at Rotherham after tonights game.

I would agree with that, Kuipers has had a good pre-season and I'm warming to him again, but he didn't press his claims tonight, one of the goals went between his legs and I thought he looked a bit disorganised with the free-kick goal, really didn't think the shot was struck that hard but he didn't even move for it.

Hendo had a good first half, one excellent save on the 20-minute mark after the offside trap was sprung, a theme of the evening alas.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
80's Seagull said:
Stop being an arse monkey. Kuipers strength is his shot stopping, Hendo only gets in the team for his alleged distribution skills.

yes, kuipers is a good shot stopper, he's also good at........oh wait....NOTHING ELSE

he has also never, ever played a full season for us as number one keeper, he's too injury prone to be our full time first choice keeper, which was why signing a very talented keeper WAS a priority. without henderson, kuipers would be number one, when he gets injured, which he will, we have....OOOH two 18 year olds as back up

henderson is an INTERNATIONAL goalkeeper who cost £35k

thats what i call a BARGAIN

tommy boy said:
henderson is an INTERNATIONAL goalkeeper who cost £35k

thats what i call a BARGAIN
Think it was £20k due to the fact we went down :( :) So double-bargain!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
B.W. said:
That is spot on... problem is... MM wasted money we needed elsewhere on Hendo, so I bet he plays him... bad decision, but I bet that's the one he makes...
How have we wasted money on Henderson? We didn't have a keeper good enough or fit enough at the time. Henderson loan limit was up, so we either went with Kuipers who, if he aint refusing to play for the Albion he's injured, or a useless French keeper. We needed a keeper, and for the money we paid, we now have an Irish number two keeper. Number two to Shay Given, one of the best around. So to call him a waste of money, is frankly laughable

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Kuipers acted the petulant brat, Hendo didn't. Simple as that, as they're probably equal actual footballing wise. So Henderson it is.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
People except the fact that Wayne Henderson is the Albion's number one goalkeeper and get behind him. We will start at Rotherham on Saturday and will remain the number one, until he gets injured or suffers a major dip in form.

Stop treating Kuipers like he can do no wrong. As someone said earlier, when Henderson was playing below par last season, where was Kuipers when we needed him. Was he acting like a loyal professional waiting for his chance. Was he f***, he was at some tin pot League two side sulking because he wasn't in the first team here.

SO remember when it matters Kuipers showed us no loyality at all, so why the f*** are so many people showing the man so much loyality? And remember the only reason he's still at this club, is because he's under contract, and no other league team were willing to take him on. As I said earlier if someone, anyone had made an offer he'd have been off. The main reason Boston didn't sign him, is he's paid to f***ing much.

Personally I'm disappointed he is still here, but at the end of the day we need two senior goalkeepers, so it has to be. One things for sure though, 2006-2007 will be his last year at this club.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
B.W. said:
That is spot on... problem is... MM wasted money we needed elsewhere on Hendo, so I bet he plays him... bad decision, but I bet that's the one he makes...

And that £20,000 would have got us WHAT elsewhere? Diesel and insurance on the youth team minibus for a year? A quarter of someones loan wages? It got us Irelands #2, who we could easily sell for at a very bare minimum 5 times what we paid for him, just due to his international position.

And the majority of his "mistakes" were because our defence were utterly woeful. He's not made any of his apparently characteristic fuckups when in the green and white anyway.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kuipers let in 3 last night - but it was all hendersons fault in a roundabout sort of way:rolleyes:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Scotty M said:
kuipers let in 3 last night - but it was all hendersons fault in a roundabout sort of way:rolleyes:

What has the number of goals they let in last night got to do with anything?

If there's f*** all in front of them the best keeper in the world will concede :dunce:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Scotty M said:

How dare you suggest that the great Kuipers isn't as good as Henderson, and using facts to back up your arguement, what a f***ing liberty.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Not A Fake Gerbil said:
What has the number of goals they let in last night got to do with anything?

If there's f*** all in front of them the best keeper in the world will concede :dunce:

but surely michel should use his strength of organising the defence to ensure there is something infront oh fim. of course, when wayne is in goal it is nothing to do with the defence

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
How you people who say Henderson can just forget 5 years of top class goalkeeping by Michel is beyond me.

you have hit the nail on the head thomas - 5 years of class goalkeeping - 5 years which are unfortunately behind him

Oct 25, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
How you people who say Henderson can just forget 5 years of top class goalkeeping by Michel is beyond me. The man is an Albion legend who is being ruined by McGhee. He had the balls to stand up to Jocko and tell him what's what. I pray to god that, at some point this season, McGhee goes and the new manager sees the light and restores Michel to his rightful position between the posts.

whilst michel is free to play with my post any day i still prefer henderson

you mention 5 years.....well for atleast one of those seasons he was second choice behind roberts, and rarely playing (roberts, again, was far better), aswell as this his first season was spent behind MARK CARTWRIGHT until he had that utter mare, which to be fair to big mich he did pounce upon and had a great second half. the great dutch beast also has an AWFUL injury record...since his car crash i can't remember him having an injury free season, injuries which tend to leave him out for months rather than weeks. his injury record is the primary reason as to why we cannot have him as full time number one, he simply will NOT last a full season.

don't get me wrong, i have always like kuipers, he seems to love the club, is a DECENT keeper, but in my well educated, and quite frankly RIGHT opinion, our wayne is better

D

Deleted member 2719

Look at the poll what do the majority of NSC albion fans want..............

Kuipers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here