Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight will not sack McGhee, McGhee will not resign

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon Tooting & LI are right. If Jordan wanted to waive the £1m compensation fee, then why didn't he get the Dalek king to sign an afidavit to confirm that the offer to waive it was on the condition that he went North of Manchester for over a year or something.

Jordan is either a liar or a moron. Or both.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I thought this thread was about the Albion and whether McGee got sacked. Now its been hijacked bys some Palace fan going on about Jordan.

Btw, I think Knight will sack Mcgee if we are near the botton come October 06.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Doesnt Magoos contract expire around christmas time? If this is the case then it may not be renewed...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree with those like Frag Badger who reckon Knight will sack McGhee if we get many more results like Crewe. Obviously cost is a concern, I'd guess our perilous finances are a daily consideration for Dick, however, once he feels that it can go on no longer, he WILL sack him, and they'll figure out how to finance it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McGhee is a busted flush - the Stoke fiasco confirmed this in my mind, and the Crewe debacle has further backed it up.

I commend Dick Knight on his loyalty towards McGhee, but I think he bottled sacking him over the summer on 2 counts:

1. He didn't want another Hinshelwood on his hands by appointing Wilkins without getting him in the dugout first, and

2. McGhee still has 1 year left on his contract, costing the club up to £250K regardless of whether he stays or goes.

We're now in a position of limbo, where early season optimism has given way to pessimism borne by McGhee's failure in the transfer market and failure to reach an accord with those players we do have.

It was a mistake not to have signed a left-back over the summer - Bagayoko could have done a job. Ditto with a striker, although having bought one in Revell he plays him wide right - go figure!

It's not a question of If McGhee gets sacked, it's When.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Knight will not sack McGhee, McGhee will not resign

Safeway said:
Absolutely. Didn't say I think McGhee's the man for the job, it just seems a little fruitless constantly calling for his head when it's never going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Anyway, enough football talk. I'm off to NSP to post a picture of my ex's TITS. :jester:

Pictures?

:clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Pavilionaire said:
McGhee is a busted flush - the Stoke fiasco confirmed this in my mind, and the Crewe debacle has further backed it up.

I commend Dick Knight on his loyalty towards McGhee, but I think he bottled sacking him over the summer on 2 counts:

1. He didn't want another Hinshelwood on his hands by appointing Wilkins without getting him in the dugout first, and

2. McGhee still has 1 year left on his contract, costing the club up to �250K regardless of whether he stays or goes.

We're now in a position of limbo, where early season optimism has given way to pessimism borne by McGhee's failure in the transfer market and failure to reach an accord with those players we do have.

It was a mistake not to have signed a left-back over the summer - Bagayoko could have done a job. Ditto with a striker, although having bought one in Revell he plays him wide right - go figure!

Agreed

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Simster said:
I reckon Tooting & LI are right. If Jordan wanted to waive the £1m compensation fee, then why didn't he get the Dalek king to sign an afidavit to confirm that the offer to waive it was on the condition that he went North of Manchester for over a year or something.

Jordan is either a liar or a moron. Or both.

Yeah 36 years old worth 80 odd million pounds total moron! :thud:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:

2. McGhee still has 1 year left on his contract, costing the club up to £250K regardless of whether he stays or goes.

Knight was right to stand by McGhee. MM has excellent record of getting teams promoted from this divison.
The club rightly have to think about money. Why spend money paying off a manager when that coudl be used for players?
Recent record of appointing within has been disastrous.. Wood, Tinselwood... remember?
We were already down and out when we played Stoke.
Yes - Crewe was a bad performance but it's early days yet in the season.
Agree about a left back. I'd play El Ebd there in the meantime.
Everyone knows we're trying to sign a striker but very difficult cos of well documented reasons....money, league 1, Withdean etc etc.
Revell has been ok on the right ( better than Hart) but yes, now might be the time to try him in more forward position.
Overall, McGhee's future is in balance ...if we win the next 2 or 3 games no-one will be say we need to sack him. If we lose and slip down into bottom third, yes, the pressure will really be on.

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Dick Knight said before the season started he expected us to finish mid table ! so he is not going to sack McGhee if we stay around our current position.

However if we slide down the table and are in or around the relegation zone at Xmas I think DK will sack him as DK will have to take into consideration loss of revenue on gates as I think they would drop if we were struggling.

Pavilionaire said:
Bagayoko could have done a job
Funny that, he hasn't played a single league game for a team currently in the relegation zone of League 1.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey said:
Yeah 36 years old worth 80 odd million pounds total moron! :thud:
Problem with amassing a fortune like that is that it can go to your head, like Orange Skin disease.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that a left back is any more urgent than it was last season when MM said that the persons who played there did ok.

Our major concern is somebody to put he ball into the net on a regular basis.

I do not believe that Revell is that man and also that he is not a great improvement on Hart played out wide, if at all. He should be tried down the middle where his height would be an advantage. We have enough players, with a full fit squad, who can play wide on the right or left.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Pavilionaire said:

100% agree.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
London Irish said:
Problem with amassing a fortune like that is that it can go to your head, like Orange Skin disease.

What because a bloke says what he thinks and won't let the club he loves get turned over all his money has gone to his head! Something has gone to yours and it isn't intelligence matey! Still another year ot two and you would have gone off the footer and started watching ice hockey or whatever is in vogue at the time eh?

:wave:

SJ's Love Monkey said:
What because a bloke says what he thinks and won't let the club he loves get turned over

That's where you should pause for thought. Is this big court case really in Palace's interests? Or is just an ego trip for Jordan? For barely stable meglomaniacs like Orangiboom, the two become confused. For Palace fans, they shouldn't. But what the hey, we're going to have a BIG LAFF whether you back your chairman or not, so it's a WIN-WIN scenario for NSC :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
London Irish said:
That's where you should pause for thought. Is this big court case really in Palace's interests? Or is just an ego trip for Jordan? For barely stable meglomaniacs like Orangiboom, the two become confused. For Palace fans, they shouldn't. But what the hey, we're going to have a BIG LAFF whether you back your chairman or not, so it's a WIN-WIN scenario for NSC :thumbsup:

And lets face it you have nothing else to "LAFF" about do you so enjoy while you can newbie because losing 4-1 at home to Crewe is not cause for optimism is it? Still your sycophantic adoration for McGhee is commendable and i for one hope he stays on because i reckon its us Palace fans that will be having the last LAFF if he does.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
SJ's Love Monkey said:
And lets face it you have nothing else to "LAFF" about do you so enjoy while you can newbie because losing 4-1 at home to Crewe is not cause for optimism is it? Still your sycophantic adoration for McGhee is commendable and i for one hope he stays on because i reckon its us Palace fans that will be having the last LAFF if he does.

Id watch out as Mcghee is such a great manager Jordan may hire him.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here