Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight will not sack McGhee, McGhee will not resign

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Tooting Gull said:
At some point, this case is all about who you believe. Principally, exactly how the clause was waived. Jordan will say it is if Dowie went up north. Dowie will say it was just waived, full stop.

Who do you believe? I have a feeling that, even if Jordan's account is in this case true, he will lose because people won't believe him given all his other fallouts and random behaviour.

It's got nothing to do with his past behaviour mate get with the programme! It's a clear matter of whether Dowie lied his way out of his contract so his new employers didn't have to stump up a million quid. It's not difficult honest you told me to step back i think you need to do the same and stop letting your bitterness overtake you!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dowie looks to me to be in the wrong and seeing as Tango man got well and truly screwed by Steve Bruce I can't say I blame him for wanting retribution.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
Dowie looks to me to be in the wrong and seeing as Tango man got well and truly screwed by Steve Bruce I can't say I blame him for wanting retribution.

What he said - for the sake of football Palace have to win - whats the point of having contracts otherwise.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
What he said - for the sake of football Palace have to win - whats the point of having contracts otherwise.

To be honest Kinks i don't see it as us winning, as you say it's for the good of football as a whole that Jordan wins irrespective that i am a Palace fan if i wasn't i would be behind Jordan on this one, Dowie blatantly lied to worm his way out of a clause so Charlton wouldn't have to pay simple as that. At the end of the day Richard Murray only appointed Dowie to get back at Jordan but it looks like it has backfird big time to the tune of a million quid!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Happy Seagull said:
You say it's for the good of football that Palace win, but what if it's just another Jordan lie?

Another Jordan lie? When exactly has he "lied" about anything? He just says what others think and 99.9% of the time i agree with the bloke

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
As i posted earlier Jordan will always get stick on here because he is Palace's chairman, if he wasn't most on here would be applauding his actions, but as i also said i expect nothing else

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Another Jordan lie? When exactly has he "lied" about anything? He just says what others think and 99.9% of the time i agree with the bloke
He said you'd go straight back up as Champions......BLATANT LIE IN ANYONES BOOK.:lolol: :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Bakesy said:
He said you'd go straight back up as Champions......BLATANT LIE IN ANYONES BOOK.:lolol: :lolol:

But to be fair with the squad Palace had last season they should have done, but due to shall we say some interesting managerial decisions along the way and lack of tactical nous we didn't and didn't deserve to

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
So many people on here are obviously better managers than the current incumbent.Perhaps the job should be offered to one of the experts on here.

Prefer McGhee meself.

Up the Albion.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
withdeanwombat said:
So many people on here are obviously better managers than the current incumbent.Perhaps the job should be offered to one of the experts on here.

Prefer McGhee meself.

Up the Albion.
What a pointless thing to say

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It's pretty obvious to me that Jordan wanted rid of Dowie after your dismal showing last season, considering the quality of your squad and the size of your wages.

Ripping up his contract (at that point) was as good a deal for Jordan as it was for Dowie.

Jordan's only gripe is that Dowie went and took a job at your 'rivals' and after the Bruce incident he wouldn't stand to see himself undermined in that way again.

Pure small man with big wallet syndrome.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
jonny.rainbow said:
It's pretty obvious to me that Jordan wanted rid of Dowie after your dismal showing last season, considering the quality of your squad and the size of your wages.

Ripping up his contract (at that point) was as good a deal for Jordan as it was for Dowie.

Jordan's only gripe is that Dowie went and took a job at your 'rivals' and after the Bruce incident he wouldn't stand to see himself undermined in that way again.

Pure small man with big wallet syndrome.

No mate Jordan's only gripe is that he waived the clause in Dowie's contract because he was told a big fat one and therefore lost out on a MILLION quid!

:shootself

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can't stand Jordan - but he's right on this one.

What's a contract worth otherwise?

Same as Steed Malbranque at Fulham - good luck to Chris Coleman on that one too.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does it really matter when people stopped or started going?

Tooting Gull said:
At some point, this case is all about who you believe. Principally, exactly how the clause was waived. Jordan will say it is if Dowie went up north. Dowie will say it was just waived, full stop.

Who do you believe?
That's it in a nutshell. I suspect nothing was put down on paper about the reason for the release - so it will just come down to one man's word against another's. Then, issues of character may be relevant and that's when the lawyers and the rest of watching having a great laugh will really have a field day :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here