Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

London Irish said:
Do you really think anything has changed because of a narrow away defeat at one of the promotion favourites? ??? Seriously?

Its not the fact they lost more the way they did it.
gutless

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

3gulls said:
Spot on! Magoo and Knight are both f***ing useless and should go NOW!!!!!!!!!!
Oh hello little boy, you're still about are you?

So you think Dick Knight should go, thereby advocating disruption, chaos, bankruptcy, and the closure of the club just to suit your own tender ego? Bless - that's so nice. As for pointing out things that are 'f***ing useless', I think the ship has LONG since sailed on that one.

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Its not the fact they lost more the way they did it.
gutless

I think gutless is harsh. The players looked like they were trying hard enough, it just seemed not one of them had a clue what they were meant to be doing, and the blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the managment.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Safeway said:
I think gutless is harsh. The players looked like they were trying hard enough, it just seemed not one of them had a clue what they were meant to be doing, and the blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the managment.

Maybe - I saw you ENTER the ground, I think Turkey may of cum

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Two weeks ago at Forest we were leading half way through the second half, and stringing 20 pass moves across the park (admittedly not going very far forward) to a chorus of 'Ole's' from the watching Albion fans.

We need a goalscorer, and MM has been saying this for ages.

The question that needs answering is why we have not signed one during the period that Virgo, Turienzo, McCammon, McPhee, Knight and CKR have all departed the club over the last 14 months.

The reasons could be

1. Players have wised up to the fact that Falmer is never going to happen and that training facilities are non-league standard.

2. MM has a poor reputation as a man manager.

3. DK has a bee in his bonnet about agents, and pisses them off during negotiations so that they advise their clients to go elsewhere.

4. We are not paying wages that are comparable to other offfers they have had.

5. The contract debacle at the end of last season has meant that the word on the street is that we are a club to avoid.

It could be one or a combination of the above, but to blame MM solely seems harsh.

Dandyman

In London village.

London Irish said:
Do you really think anything has changed because of a narrow away defeat at one of the promotion favourites? ??? Seriously?

A game in which we looked utterly clueless against an at best average side following on from last Sunday's fiasco has changed something for me in that I can no longer find even the most slender reason to not support a change of manager.

vulture said:
Come on youre a clever guy its not just about that is it.Bristol city were there for the taking.

Why? They were effectively only missing one guy, Brooker, the other banged up bloke was unavailable anyway. They have far and away much better squad depth than we have.

When peculiar off-the-pitch events happen at a club, it can sometimes strengthen teams rather than weaken them, because it pulls the squad together.

Us under Gritt was one notable example, Italy winning the World Cup recently probably the most famous.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
MM has to go - the sooner the better, but we all know we can't afford to sack him.

We must back DK, Perry et al until we have a watertight Falmer decision.
Why do people keep saying this thing about not affording it? He was offered the chance to go with full contract. It would actually cost us less to pay him off given the passing months NOW.

The reason why it's not happening is because of strong support from the two boardroom executives you name right there.

Dandyman said:
A game in which we looked utterly clueless against an at best average side following on from last Sunday's fiasco has changed something for me in that I can no longer find even the most slender reason to not support a change of manager.

So one of the pre-season promotion sides are now an average side. And I guess losing to an average side away means the sack? :rolleyes:

You only have to see how much the "Magoo out" campaign on here is morphing into a "Knight Out" campaign to see just how much loud, strange internet bandwagons seem to roll remorsely on.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

London Irish said:
Why? They were effectively only missing one guy, Brooker, the other banged up bloke was unavailable anyway. They have far and away much better squad depth than we have.

When peculiar off-the-pitch events happen at a club, it can sometimes strengthen teams rather than weaken them, because it pulls the squad together.

Us under Gritt was one notable example, Italy winning the World Cup recently probably the most famous.

The same squad that had done so well in previous games?

Bistol are a poor side, what does being pre season promotion side mean?

Who thought Colchester, Barnsley and Southend would go up last year and the team tipped to go up as champions finish 9th?

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.

London Irish said:
So one of the pre-season promotion sides are now an average side. And I guess losing to an average side away means the sack? :rolleyes:

You only have to see how much the "Magoo out" campaign on here is morphing into a "Knight Out" campaign to see just how much loud, strange internet bandwagons seem to roll remorsely on.

Steve, did you go to Brizzle ? They were a very average side.

As Kinky has posted it is more the manner of our recent defeats than the loss of points that matters. There has seemed to be little real direction, spirit or wit about both the last two games which have only added to the dispiriting nature of much of the post-Xmas part of last season.

No one I know is supporting a "Knight out" bankwagon, although there are several people who believe Uncle Dick is planning his own retirement. You might also want to think hard about whether or not Dick is such a big supporter of MM as you seem to assume he is.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Dandyman said:
You might also want to think hard about whether or not Dick is such a big supporter of MM as you seem to assume he is.

DK has got some latitude still at the moment because of the fact we still have a club, and nearly a ground being largely down to him.

MM does not, and in a results business, guess who goes first if results are not achieved?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Safeway said:
Innit. I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to give Wilkins a go if he is to be given the chance. There's no REAL danger of us getting relegated this season, there's enough shite in this division to make sure of that. Therefore, put him in now and give him the rest of the season to create HIS team - most of which he brought through anyway - before launching a major ASSAULT on the league next season.

Look at it like when Adams came in. :)

What? - Adams, who had already managed at Brentford, and with some success at Fulham? How would giving the job to DW be even remotely similar to that?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club said:
What? - Adams, who had already managed at Brentford, and with some success at Fulham? How would giving the job to DW be even remotely similar to that?

Because we put Adams in part-way through a season and gave him the rest of the season to create his team before launching a major assault on the league the next season.

Wasn't comparing their relative managment experience.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Safeway said:
Because we put Adams in part-way through a season and gave him the rest of the season to create his team before launching a major assault on the league the next season.

Sorry, misunderstood your comparison. Having said that, might his complete lack of management experience not have some bearing on his ability to 'create his team'?

Safeway said:

Did Adams not come in with about 6 games to go and put most of his team together in the summer, rather than 6 games gone and the transfer window closed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here