Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would tend to agree with the above, DK saved the club from almost certain extinction at worst and probably a spell as a semi-professional team, we should never lose sight of that in the fog of war. He has been our chairman for the best part of a decade, during which time we have had a reasonable level of success, at least we can say that it hasn't been boring. I would suspect that he will step down when we get to Falmer, if he does that then I hope all will reflect on an amazing achievement in the face of adversity, he didn't have to get involved in the Albion but he did and we should all be glad that he did.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Westdene Seagull said:
Can't agree with that. I doubt many Chairmen open themselves out to supporters by attending a open fans forum. Strangely people seem too scared or apathetic to ask him the questions at the forum that they seem to post on here. Keyboard warriors me thinks !

The only thing I blame DK for is the lack of balls for not sacking MM at the end of last season.

Im sure people did try and ask question but the club picked questions about Gully to waste time with.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
This makes me wonder if the fans of other clubs are always questioning their Chairman or the way the manager performs, or is it just us who have been conditioned to years of struggle or have militant tendencies?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The answer to your question is just along the road at Southampton.
He delivered a brand new shiny stadium but they still wanted him out !!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
WTF has DK got to do with it?

Scottish Wanker's been chasing people out our league for so long it's not surprising it got to the deadline (Parkin, Shipperley, Horsfield, Dichio etc..).

The only serious decision DK has is how much longer to give McGhee before he has to go.

DW offered DK Parkin on a plate for £20K just under a year ago. DK didn't do anything about it. I have already mentioned Rory Fallen at a ridiculous knock down price offerd to DK before last Christmas.

He just doesnt want to spend, which i understand cos of the Falmer farce but we should've speculated. Rather than DK complain we are losing over £1m this season due to relegation. MM is a symptom the problem is DK.

Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Lord Bracknell said:
It would be crazy to give Dean Wilkins the manager's job. He can't do it. It would be another Hinshelwood fiasco, and Dick Knight knows that. DK's not going to put that pressure on himself, is he?

Phew, thank god someone else thinks that.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

London Irish said:

London Irish a serious question for you.How much longer do you think Mcghee has ?

Mouldy Boots said:
had less money than MM.
Rubbish, we have less money now than ever thanks to accumulated Withdean losses and endless Falmer expenditure.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

London Irish said:

I agree wilkins should be a number 2 not the manager for a few years yet

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
DW offered DK Parkin on a plate for £20K just under a year ago. DK didn't do anything about it. I have already mentioned Rory Fallen at a ridiculous knock down price offerd to DK before last Christmas.

He just doesnt want to spend, which i understand cos of the Falmer farce but we should've speculated. Rather than DK complain we are losing over £1m this season due to relegation. MM is a symptom the problem is DK.

That is rather serious,seeing as both players would cost a damn sight more to buy now.Can you back this up with any hard facts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

vulture said:
London Irish a serious question for you.How much longer do you think Mcghee has ?

Do you really think anything has changed because of a narrow away defeat at one of the promotion favourites? ??? Seriously?

vulture said:
I agree wilkins should be a number 2 not the manager for a few years yet
Yes, pitching him any time soon would likely destroy his career in football, not make it. He has just had a huge step-up and needs to convince in his current role.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

London Irish said:
Do you really think anything has changed because of a narrow away defeat at one of the promotion favourites? ??? Seriously?

Come on youre a clever guy its not just about that is it.Bristol city were there for the taking.

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Would everybody stop linking MMs departure with that of DK

MM has to go - the sooner the better, but we all know we can't afford to sack him.

DO NOT try and oust DK - the opponents of Falmer would have a field day.

We must back DK, Perry et al until we have a watertight Falmer decision.

MM however is another question - and this time White and Booker have to go too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lord Bracknell said:
It would be crazy to give Dean Wilkins the manager's job. He can't do it. It would be another Hinshelwood fiasco, and Dick Knight knows that. DK's not going to put that pressure on himself, is he?

Why can't he do it?

Repugnant Toad said:
Quite. I'm sure there were similar people saying the same about Aidy Bothroyd a year or so ago.

Innit. I'd say this is the perfect opportunity to give Wilkins a go if he is to be given the chance. There's no REAL danger of us getting relegated this season, there's enough shite in this division to make sure of that. Therefore, put him in now and give him the rest of the season to create HIS team - most of which he brought through anyway - before launching a major ASSAULT on the league next season.

Look at it like when Adams came in. :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Lord Bracknell said:
It would be crazy to give Dean Wilkins the manager's job. He can't do it.

I don't agree with that at all.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Giraffe said:
Whilst I now think it is time for McGhee to go, I do really think it will only happen to deflect the blame from Knight. He can put in everyones favourite Dean Wilkins and suddenly the pressure is off.

The truth is McGhee had targets and I feel that it is the Chairmans responsibility to get them.

Was McGhee told he couldn't move to get a player until the last minute in order that we got a good deal for example? Did Knight pull some of the money because he got less for CKR than he hoped?

Frankly we don't know do we and whilst McGhee has obviously lost the plot, surely Dick Knight has some very serious questions to answer.

Apart from anything else for someone with a PR background why he is so shit at it? Why do the club keep telling us they are going to sign someone and then don't? Why announce it in the first place? Just smacks of incompetence.

Spot on! Magoo and Knight are both f***ing useless and should go NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here