Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Do you think that's going to happen soon then? If so, put your money where your mouth is and we'll have a wager :)

That'll be £25 to the Chesnut Treehouse Appeal please London Irish. I'm sure they will be very grateful for your contribution.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Giraffe said:
Whilst I now think it is time for McGhee to go, I do really think it will only happen to deflect the blame from Knight. He can put in everyones favourite Dean Wilkins and suddenly the pressure is off.

The truth is McGhee had targets and I feel that it is the Chairmans responsibility to get them.

Was McGhee told he couldn't move to get a player until the last minute in order that we got a good deal for example? Did Knight pull some of the money because he got less for CKR than he hoped?

Frankly we don't know do we and whilst McGhee has obviously lost the plot, surely Dick Knight has some very serious questions to answer.

Apart from anything else for someone with a PR background why he is so shit at it? Why do the club keep telling us they are going to sign someone and then don't? Why announce it in the first place? Just smacks of incompetence.
Knight should have jumped ship with MM. I would have liked Bob to have stayed though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This thread title says it all.

He's done it for the fans he says. He has basically done it before flack was starting to come his way and he doesn't like it.

So now he gives nice man and ever popoular Dean Wilkins a chance. What better to keep the natives happy.

I reckon he thinks that will do until the transfer window now.

Personally I'm still pissed off. The squad needs strenthening and I hope he gets on with supporting Wilkins properly with some quality loan signings.

And all this caretaker nonsense is just another way to keep the flack off him.

Results go badly, ditch Wilkins and get someone else in. All seems very unfair to me. I just hope Dean is given the resources that allow him to be judged fairly and so that he doesn't have to resort to juggling the team like McGhee did when he lost the plot.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

London Irish said:
I don't have to think about that, I've heard it from the great man's lips himself not a month ago. I've absolutely no doubt that their relationship suffered some distancing because of the peculiar events of the summer but you are barking up the wrong tree if you think McGhee won't see out his contract here.
You can either make the best of that situation or the worst of it, it's a free country if you want to join "the worst of it" mob.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here