Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny Can't Stop The Rot

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Squad is good enough to be better then where they are now, fact.

Complete balls. Bar Torres (when he wants to), Gerrard and Reina exactly what else is good about that squad. Hodgson was dealing with shit players and Dalglish is dealing with the same shit. Changing the manager will do next to nothing

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Torres must be thinking 'what the f*** am I doing anywhere near this place?'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Look to the bench to gauge the strength of a squad. Liverpools bench last night was:

Gulacsi, Konchesky, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Maxi, Shelvey, Ngog.

*snigger*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And that, barring Gerrard and Joe Cole, I guess is their full strength squad?

Unfortunately for them, that would indeed appear to be the case. What a fabulous legacy Rafa left behind eh.

Have who you want in charge, you can't polish a turd. If the cash isn't there for a MAJOR squad overhaul then they need to sell Torres and start again. He's not going to want to play with this shower of shit beyond this season anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Q: What do Liverpool FC and a scouse girl's knickers have in common ?

A: One yank and they're down :jester:

I get a strange regard for these issues when Prem sides do well/do badly;

I kinda feel admiration for their good football when they are flying high, and this is what makes some people 'glom' onto Prem sides as "their team" - when they live nowhere near the club.
However, when they hit the skids and become shite, I'm just as pleased in disregard for the sad bastardos! It makes me happy to know that the
people who glommed and leached, are now in doubt, and the ones used to success and claiming "I'm a supporter through thick and thin" are put to the test. Also, that they take a turn at watching sporty-sport wherein their team doesn't always finish up as winnaahs.

Turncoat? Nah, after being Albion since day one that won't wash. It's that vicarious thing about watching football for good skills and endeavor - it's not important who wins or loses when it's not my team.

One thing that's changed for me lately though, is the admiration I have held for West Ham since 1966, and sympathy for them shedding so many good players to the richer Prem clubs. I don't mind their chairmen's demise if they take the drop.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My admiration for West Ham ended when they played a ringer for a whole season, and cheated the drop.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My admiration for West Ham ended when they played a ringer for a whole season, and cheated the drop.

This

although I was suprised to see a Kenny thread end up in the east end!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Have who you want in charge, you can't polish a turd. If the cash isn't there for a MAJOR squad overhaul then they need to sell Torres and start again. He's not going to want to play with this shower of shit beyond this season anyway.

It's one of the reasons that Hodgson would have been good for them. The complaint that he wasn't able to work with big-name players doesn't hold water because they're going to leave at the end of the season. You need someone who can build a team, making good use of money and someone with a bit of nous. What Liverpool don't want is a big-name Charlie and they certainly don't want anyone who's got firm roots in Liverpool and a connection with the club - they needed someone with an objective eye.

They're really painted themselves into a corner by appointing Dalglish, it's going to end in a lot of tears at self-pity city. Probably be a minute's silence somewhere along the lines.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Benitez must be laughing his tits off at all of this. Somehow he's walked away with his reputation amongst their idiot fans more or less intact, having absolutely RUINED the club with shit. expensive and old signings all over the show. Hodgson stepped in, not unlike a complete MUG, and has carried the can for his complete shambles.

And now "King" Kenny will be afforded about 3 years to turn it round. A time period in which he will get the club no higher than 6th place and perhaps a league cup semi-final. And then when he eventually gets the chop, the media will be full of stories about how those loveable scousers on the Kop gave him SOOOO much time and were willing him to succeed at every turn, conveniently forgetting how they HOUNDED out Hodgson with f*** all support after about 5 months.

You wait, that's how it'll pan out.
This
Why did he leave last time? I was only about 10, but remember everyone being really shocked he just left, even though they were doing well
I seem to recall (although I might have it completely wrong) that we were the second to last team to play them under his first reign, in n FA Cup tie when Mike Small (?) had a perfectly good headed goal disallowed. Might be complete rubbish though :thumbsup:

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
I unfortunately watched this game and their last at Blackburn. Liverpool are absolutely WOEFUL. Albion would beat them at the mo. Can't put into words how shit they are -all individuals as well - including Torres who doesnt wanna know.

Only going to get worse for them Sunday when they get twatted in the mersey derby.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Where would you say the likes of Lucas, Babel, Ngog, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky should be other than mid table?

Lucas is a Brazilian international and a class act, Babel is a £12m international striker who has shown glimpses of genius in his time at the club, David Ngog is a hugely promising young striker destined for great things, Kyrgiakos is an international and former European Championship winner in arguably the greatest ever defence in Euro history, Konchesky granted is not great but was still a cult hero at Fulham.

These are top players who are not doing themselves justice, a couple of new players around them and I think you will see how good these players are.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Liverpools problem is they were allowed to coast under Benitez, due to the fans over the top enthusiasm for any perceived opponents of the previous owners.
In the meantime Spurs and Citeh have overtaken them as credible contenders for the Champions league, one by being the richest club in the world and the other by employing a manager who understands how to build a squad to challenge at the top table.
Benitez managed to waste the money he was given on Babels and Aquilanies.
Hodgson inherited a weak squad, further depleted by the poor form of his two genuine star performers and the prima donna nature of footballers egged on by the melodramatic posturing of the fans.
The whole episode reflects poorly on the club, but makes the fans look even worse, making them appear spiteful, self-pitying and lacking in knowledge, accusations more normally flung at their rivals in Manchester.

This ^ (with minor edit)

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
He hasn't been out of football for 20 years, and he would of never stopped watching football or Liverpool. He is here as a temp as he knows the club like the back of his hands, what the fans want to see on the pitch, and the style of football the club wants. He is 59, several managers surpass that, Fergie to name one.

correct, Redknapp, Wenger and Ferguson are all older than Dalglish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here