Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny Can't Stop The Rot

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Hodgson was shite, no where near good enough for that job, despite being a media darling and English, get over it.

I dont need to get over anything, Liverpool do though....they need to get over being SHITHOUSE :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ha Ha ha. manager written off after two games!! some of you guys should be on premiership forums, i thought we were above that in League 1.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I got the impression from watching him being interviewed on the telly, that he hadn't done anything more mentally taxing than the Sun crossword in the last decade.

Looked and sounded mentally off the pace. It will be interesting to see if he gets that old spark back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My biggest concern is that they'll rally and finish ninth or so. Not bad enough for a tear-down-and-rebuild, not good enough to go forward, leading to another year of thrash and fumble.

i think your biggest concern is relegation, 4 points off and frankly only that far away as several teams seem to be competeing for f*** up of the season. good way to clear out the dead wood though :lolol:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
The scousers are getting what they deserved quite frankly. They are fond of telling everyone how great their supporters are yet they didnt give Hodgson a chance from day one. They have hounded him out, and demanded Dalgleish gets the job, despite him being out of management for the best part of 15 years.

As The Jam once sang "the public gets what the public wants"

Worst season in 57 years not a reason to want someone, who should NEVER have got the job, out? I think so. Not as if Liverpool fans are known for being fickle to managers.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Anyone seriously think they could get relegated?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I think it'll take a few more than 3 days for Dalglish and Clarke to turn around Hodgsons mess.

Simple, already seem to playing better better shite that Hodgson could ever muster over 35 years.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My biggest concern is that they'll rally and finish ninth or so. Not bad enough for a tear-down-and-rebuild, not good enough to go forward, leading to another year of thrash and fumble.

There was a good piece by MArtin Samuel earlier this week saying exactly that - what happens if Dalglish does OK? His thesis was that it was the worst possible result for the club that will then be forced to sack the fans' idol (and I agree, I think that's what will happen too).

Kenny Dalglish will win some, lose some and hand Liverpool another crisis: Martin Samuel | Mail Online

I liked this bit: "As long as the first match in August is not against Brighton and Hove Albion, the club can start afresh>"

Hodgson should of course have been given more time. He was the best manager in England six months and he doesn't get to be terrible overnight

By giving in to the fans' calls for Dalglish, the board has made a complete mess of things. Liverpool has been going through a slow decline for 20 years and needs a complete overhaul - in much the same way that Poyet is overhauling Brighton. It will take three or four transfer windows and an upgraded youth set-up to start getting on the right track. And it needed a complete outsider, not someone connected with the club and whose lack of preparation for the future put the club on its spiral of mediocrity.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Hodgson should of course have been given more time. He was the best manager in England six months and he doesn't get to be terrible overnight

He got 6 months more then he should have. He isn't terrible, he is average, always has been, always will be.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Still looking demotivated in what should be the honeymoon period and players should be delighted that rubbish manager Hodgson gone surely?

Wouldn't want players to look anything else after losing. Dalglish will rip them a new arsehole and get them ready for the derby.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
1st Game - Robbed of a replay at OT, much more fire and passionate performance.
2nd Game - Another poor result, played more expansively lost due to two defensive mistakes.

Dalglish deserves far more respect then Hodgson, after all he has won more as a manager then Roy has away games in England.

There he is :wave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You've only got one player that is capable of scoring over 15 goals in the league and he is either unfit, disinterested or sometimes capable. Reading that Red Kop forum, there seem to be a few sensible souls in realising that the squad is rubbish. So much dross and not nearly enough young, decent talent being brought through.

That is a very good article from Samuel. The owners have shown their naivety is bringing in a hero.

It is fun to watch. Always pleasant seeing a former giant of football struggling. I don't believe for one minute that they will be relegated.

Blaming it all on Hodgson is just dense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here