Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny Can't Stop The Rot

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Wouldn't want players to look anything else after losing. Dalglish will rip them a new arsehole and get them ready for the derby.

True. Trouble is they were looking demotivated during the game. Surely he should have had them fired up after losing to your biggest rivals and in a game against a team that have just been promoted and embarrassed you at Anfield.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Surely the right choice then? An average manager for an average premier league side

One season out of the top four, so trying to get back into the top four, a average manager not the right choice no.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
You've only got one player that is capable of scoring over 15 goals in the league and he is either unfit, disinterested or sometimes capable. Reading that Red Kop forum, there seem to be a few sensible souls in realising that the squad is rubbish. So much dross and not nearly enough young, decent talent being brought through.

That is a very good article from Samuel. The owners have shown their naivety is bringing in a hero.

It is fun to watch. Always pleasant seeing a former giant of football struggling. I don't believe for one minute that they will be relegated.

Blaming it all on Hodgson is just dense.

Squad is good enough to be better then where they are now, fact.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Glen Johnson is worrying enough, but playing him at left back? Was Dalglish just trying to get rid of any Hodgson influence or was Konchesky injured?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Glen Johnson is worrying enough, but playing him at left back? Was Dalglish just trying to get rid of any Hodgson influence or was Konchesky injured?

Either way Johnson at LB is better then Konchesky. I would of put Agger LB, Kelly CB, Johnson RB. But hey I'm not a multi major honour winning manager.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Squad is good enough to be better then where they are now, fact.

on paper, the first team is good enough to be better. the results say otherwise. the squad is threadbare and there needs to be about 6 new players about the same shipped out immediately.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
'King Kenny' is one of the most dour, humourless and uninspiring human beings on the planet. How he is in football management I will never know.

Really? He's got a great dry wit, out powered Fergie in mind games in his previous spell in management, in which he won multi major honours. I reckon thats how he is in football management.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Always rated Konchesky when he was at Spurs. We were PROPER shit then, though.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
on paper, the first team is good enough to be better. the results say otherwise. the squad is threadbare and there needs to be about 6 new players about the same shipped out immediately.

Agreed.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Liverpool are pretty f***ed now. Man City and Spurs have shown how hard it is to break into the top 4, once your out it takes big money to get back in. Benitez spent all the money on average players and the only good ones left don't really want to be there. There's not enough money to make them a top 4 club anytime soon, Man city will take liverpool's place and unless a billionaire takes over liverpool will be on the same level as everton for the next decade at least

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's all about the under-performing millionaires on the pitch. There's very few managers capable of firing up these slags nowadays.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I've nothing against Liverpool, but I just can't see them going forward under him. He's not just yesterday's man, he's last century's man. I just cannot see a man like that being able to motivate players like Torres. Perhaps the only player who might have respect for him is Gerrard, who at least knows what he did for Liverpool more than two decades ago, but otherwise I feel he's like a dated, embarrassing grandad who's stayed beyond his welcome. You can say whatever you like about his past achievements, but football changes so quickly and, after 20 years out, he may as well be an entirely different person.

He hasn't been out of football for 20 years, and he would of never stopped watching football or Liverpool. He is here as a temp as he knows the club like the back of his hands, what the fans want to see on the pitch, and the style of football the club wants. He is 59, several managers surpass that, Fergie to name one.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Hi all, long-time reader of NSC and thought I'd chip in on this thread. I have a longstanding bet with a Liverpool-supporting mate... around about the time Benitez took charge at Liverpool I bet him that the Albion would get into the Premier League before Liverpool won the Premier League. I was a big underdog at the time but am liking the bet more and more. Not sure it'll be resolved either way for a while, though!

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Hi all, long-time reader of NSC and thought I'd chip in on this thread. I have a longstanding bet with a Liverpool-supporting mate... around about the time Benitez took charge at Liverpool I bet him that the Albion would get into the Premier League before Liverpool won the Premier League. I was a big underdog at the time but am liking the bet more and more. Not sure it'll be resolved either way for a while, though!

Interesting, how much riding on it? I'd be made up either way, as long as it isn't 20 years time until it concludes :D.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here