Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny Can't Stop The Rot

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
The stake was for the loser to pay for 'a big night out'. We thought at the time it could go on for a while so made it inflation- and lifestyle-proof!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely loving Liverpools demise :lol:

Not too dissimilar to our situation the past few years. A completely under-achieving squad (let's face it, the team is top 7 quality atleast).

We found the right man in Gus. Here's hoping Kenny fucks it up even more :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Never mind Man Utd or Blackpool, the really big match is at home to Everton on Saturday. After all, staying up is all about winning your home games.

Feb 14, 2010
"it wont be a quick fix". Now isnt that what Hogson said? Oh no but the scousers thought they knew best as usual, its always someone else's fault. Relegated I hope, but no doubt a farce of a penalty in front of the kop will save them, after all, its how they won their title's. The line "put your medals in the bin as you cheated for them" was Clough to Leeds but works for Liverpool as well.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It couldn't happen...could it? Star players not living up to the hype, sacking managers half way through a season, appointing an ageing messiah in the blind hope that passion alone will win them games...is Liverpool's season all going a bit...Newcastle?

<pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease> :angel:
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

That'll do me nicely.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I thought Liverpool were pretty awful last night, and if that was an improvement, they must have been appalling before.

Johnson out of position, mediocre centre-halves, a midfield who I would rate as no better than Albion's - it doesn't look good for them. Dalglish has been out of the game for too long to make much of a difference.

It was heartening to see previous lower league players like Vaughan and Taylor-Fletcher look comfortable at Premier League level.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a young child I waited outside the West Stand to get the Liverpool player's signatures as they boarded their team bus. Whilst most obliged, Kenny Dalglish refused and brushed past us and took his seat. As some parents gestured to him to come back and make a handful of children's day....he simply looked the other way.

I have disliked the arrogant, miserable and sour jock ever since and I wish him nothing but failure in the latest venture.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Benitez must be laughing his tits off at all of this. Somehow he's walked away with his reputation amongst their idiot fans more or less intact, having absolutely RUINED the club with shit. expensive and old signings all over the show. Hodgson stepped in, not unlike a complete MUG, and has carried the can for his complete shambles.

And now "King" Kenny will be afforded about 3 years to turn it round. A time period in which he will get the club no higher than 6th place and perhaps a league cup semi-final. And then when he eventually gets the chop, the media will be full of stories about how those loveable scousers on the Kop gave him SOOOO much time and were willing him to succeed at every turn, conveniently forgetting how they HOUNDED out Hodgson with f*** all support after about 5 months.

You wait, that's how it'll pan out.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Liverpools problem is they were allowed to coast under Benitez, due to the fans over the top enthusiasm for any perceived opponents of the previous owners.
In the meantime Spurs and Citeh have overtaken them as credible contenders for the Champions league, one by being the richest club in the world and the other by employing a manager who understands how to build a squad to challenge at the top table.
Benitez though hamstrung by net spend, still managed to waste the money he was given on Babels and Aquilanies.
Hodgson inherited a weak squad, further depleted by the poor form of his two genuine star performers and the prima donna nature of footballers egged on by the melodramatic posturing of the fans.
The whole episode reflects poorly on the club, but makes the fans look even worse, making them appear spiteful, self-pitying and lacking in knowledge, accusations more normally flung at their rivals in Manchester.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Benitez though hamstrung by net spend.

How is this myth STILL being spouted?!?

Liverpool spent more NET than ANY team in the Prem over the last 5 years, barring only Chelsea and Man City.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. Yes he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here