Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards in line for a call up...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
chez said:
Hasn't everyone!?!?!?!?!

Err nope. I went to Turkey a few years ago and they are probably the friendliest people I have ever met.

However, a few years ago two Galatasary fans killed two Leeds fans, which of course makes all Turks c*nts....

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good luck to him.

Clearly didnt like Mcghee and it showed.

150k seemed a joke price at the time and even more of one now.

People say how well Mcghee did in selling certain players - which he did - but how much did he lose the club in mismanagement?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Difficult to quantify. Did CKR do anything of any note to boost his price further? Can that be blamed on McGhee or the individual in question or both?

It was clear that he was not that interested in fighting for the club and his form nose dived when rumours of interest from Wolves surfaced. We have a sell on clause, I believe, so we may benefit further.

Incidentally, I still can't see how difficult it is to put in 100% even if you are not that keen on your manager. Surely, it would be better to market yourself with performances worthy of a higher level. He was very lucky to get the Sheff Utd gig and that Warnock has a penchant for buying strikers/attackers.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Barrel of Fun said:
Difficult to quantify. Did CKR do anything of any note to boost his price further? Can that be blamed on McGhee or the individual in question or both?

It was clear that he was not that interested in fighting for the club and his form nose dived when rumours of interest from Wolves surfaced. We have a sell on clause, I believe, so we may benefit further.

Incidentally, I still can't see how difficult it is to put in 100% even if you are not that keen on your manager. Surely, it would be better to market yourself with performances worthy of a higher level. He was very lucky to get the Sheff Utd gig and that Warnock has a penchant for buying strikers/attackers.

I think it was clear last year that something was wrong when ckr spoke out in the Argus bout being 5th choice behind two midfielders for a starting berth when at the time he was top scorer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kinky Gerbils said:
I think it was clear last year that something was wrong when ckr spoke out in the Argus bout being 5th choice behind two midfielders for a starting berth when at the time he was top scorer.

McGhee got criticism for not keeping things in house.

It is not just about goals though. Was it not agreed that Jake needed to be dropped, even though he was top scorer at the time? Did he apply himself in training? It would be wrong to automatically pick someone who was not pulling their weight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
True, Mcghee does seem to have a problem with skillfull players, prehaps the attitude of the player is an issue?

Before anyone mentions Keane he was too good to drop.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Simon Morgan said:
Had we sacked McGhee in the summer and had a fresh start with Wilkins this season, CKR would still be here and we would be pushing for promotion - FACT.

That's an opinion, it's not FACT.

McGhee is old school managment and his style of management was fine ten years ago but it doesn't work now, players have too much power and don't appreciate being treated like kids. McGhee's problem was that he either didn't realise it or just ignored it.

CKR has talent, but he does have an attitude problem when it comes to football,, he also mixed with the wrong crowd LK etc. If what I was told is true (it didn't come from the club), Warnock apparently told CKR that if he didn't toe the line and apply himself CKR would find himself playing Sunday football for the next two years.Whether it's true or not I don't know, the person who told me had no reason to lie and I have heard similar 'stories' elsewhere

At the end of the day Mcghee is past his sell bye date, and CKR is very young and has a very big ego, the jury is out on whether his talent will be as big as his ego. I also don't believe the whole Coca-cola 'hype' helped him.
:(

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I anticipate Colin marching into Neil Warnock's office now and demanding the pay rise that is warranted by this stratospheric rise in his status.

I think it says more about the current state of Turkish football than it does about CKR.

CKR has exceptional potential - some of which has been evidenced by sheer quality goals.

Without doubt he would have been a major asset under the current regime - the sad thing is that things went wrong at the beginning of this season. What I can say is that when I saw him play his last ever game for us in the reserves against Palace, the way in which Wilkins was trying to get the best out of CKR, as he tries to do with every player, gave me serious optimism that he would get back into the team and help our cause.

Alas that was not to be and it is a case of what could have been (which I think would have been very good) and now I wish him the best of luck as he has a talent and I hope he makes the most of it at the highest level.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I don't understand why it must always be the players' attitudes in question, is it possible McGhee had a negative impact on them and could share some of the blame? CKR, Knight etc were obviously no angels, but they were bloody quality players! Personally, I saw little wrong with either of their levels of 'application' during games, thats just a copout to say they were lazy. Maybe, just maybe, the reason they got frustrated and fell out was because they were so desperate for the club to succeed and McGhee and the rest of us misinterpreted it. Maybe I'm completely wrong. But what I do think is that we would be a far better team with the likes of Knight and CKR in it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Without doubt he would have been a major asset under the current regime"

This kind of unequivocal statement, amongst others, simply can't be justified by the facts. I appreciate Kazin-Richards didn't get on with McGhee. OK, that happened to a few players.

But there is nothing to suggest he would have suddenly become an Albion legend under Wilkins.

I saw a bunch of the players out on the lash pre-season, and, their inhibitions presumably shaken off by their drunken state, every single one of them (there wer seven or eight there) made a great show of telling me what a c**t they thought Kazim-Richards was (their words not mine).

Wendy might be a better man manager than McGhee, but there were obviously reasons why Kazim-Richards' own teammates thought he was a twat, and I doubt even Wendy could turn that situation around.

People should take off their rose tinted specs and stop using the Kazim-Richards situation as a stick to beat McGhee with. He's gone, he had various faults as a manager, but he's not responsible for EVERY negative situation with EVERY player at this club, and if CKR actually took the slightest bit of responsibility for his own actions, he could be looking at an England U21 call up and not just one from a desperate Turkish team taking a gamble because they don't have any other options.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
edna krabappel said:
I think it says more about the current state of Turkish football than it does about CKR.
Why? Because they have a 19/20 year old who has performed well in the Premiership in their U21 squad?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
A striker (which is what he is) with one goal this season...
Played most games on the left wing for them. He never really looked like a striker when he was here.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Why? Because they have a 19/20 year old who has performed well in the Premiership in their U21 squad?

Let's say there was a 20 year old English fringe player at Besiktas- in fact not Besiktas, lets go with Kayseri Erciyesspor, currently 16th in the Turkish league, same as Sheff Utd are in the Premiership- who'd scored one goal and done the occasional eye catching stepover this season.

Do you think Steve McLaren would be sending Stuart Pearce out on the next flight to Cappadocia to monitor his progess?

???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Let's say there was a 20 year old English fringe player at Besiktas- in fact not Besiktas, lets go with Kayseri Erciyesspor, currently 16th in the Turkish league, same as Sheff Utd are in the Premiership- who'd scored one goal and done the occasional eye catching stepover this season.

Do you think Steve McLaren would be sending Stuart Pearce out on the next flight to Cappadocia to monitor his progess?

???

With the current England set up, more than likely....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here