Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards in line for a call up...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
edna krabappel said:

Do you think Steve McLaren would be sending Stuart Pearce out on the next flight to Cappadocia to monitor his progess?

I imagine Stuart Pearce would already have signed him for City and have him in the U21s squad.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
With the current England set up, more than likely....

Point taken :lolol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
[
yeah and that £150K fee is looking more and more like good business :nono:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
edna krabappel said:
I anticipate Colin marching into Neil Warnock's office now and demanding the pay rise that is warranted by this stratospheric rise in his status.

I think it says more about the current state of Turkish football than it does about CKR.

Let's say there was a 20 year old English fringe player at Besiktas- in fact not Besiktas, lets go with Kayseri Erciyesspor, currently 16th in the Turkish league, same as Sheff Utd are in the Premiership- who'd scored one goal and done the occasional eye catching stepover this season.

Edna you seem to be under the misapprehension that Turkey have a high standing in world football and have continuously produced a high level of football player. Infact they were a footballing backwater for many a year and have only recently risen to the dizzy heights of being mediocre/average.

A young player playing in the premier league with that magic word 'potential' would seem to be a good addition wouldn't it?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
edna krabappel said:
Let's say there was a 20 year old English fringe player at Besiktas- in fact not Besiktas, lets go with Kayseri Erciyesspor, currently 16th in the Turkish league, same as Sheff Utd are in the Premiership- who'd scored one goal and done the occasional eye catching stepover this season.

Do you think Steve McLaren would be sending Stuart Pearce out on the next flight to Cappadocia to monitor his progess?

???

Er......yes...... take it from me they are a bit short of nayone to play on the wing at the mo... saying that tho Turkey have a pretty good record at Under-21.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
Edna you seem to be under the misapprehension that Turkey have a high standing in world football and have continuously produced a high level of football player. Infact they were a footballing backwater for many a year and have only recently risen to the dizzy heights of being mediocre/average.

A young player playing in the premier league with that magic word 'potential' would seem to be a good addition wouldn't it?

Exactly, that's the point- Turkey are not the force they were a couple of years back, therefore they are, if not quite desperate, at least being forced to cast their net a little wider in the hope of uncovering something new.

My point being that Colin Kazim-Richards potentially being selected for the Turkish U21 team does not make him a likely future superstar, but rather reflects the lack of young talent currently emerging in Turkish football.

Put it this way, I doubt he's under consideration for the England U21s yet, and that's even in spite of our current underperforming national side.

edna krabappel said:
Exactly, that's the point- Turkey are not the force they were a couple of years back, therefore they are, if not quite desperate, at least being forced to cast their net a little wider in the hope of uncovering something new.

My point being that Colin Kazim-Richards potentially being selected for the Turkish U21 team does not make him a likely future superstar, but rather reflects the lack of young talent currently emerging in Turkish football.

Put it this way, I doubt he's under consideration for the England U21s yet, and that's even in spite of our current underperforming national side.

Well all I can say is that we don't know what we're missing - CKR = rising star :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NS Herald said:

Without doubt he would have been a major asset under the current regime - the sad thing is that things went wrong at the beginning of this season. What I can say is that when I saw him play his last ever game for us in the reserves against Palace, the way in which Wilkins was trying to get the best out of CKR, as he tries to do with every player, gave me serious optimism that he would get back into the team and help our cause.

It would have helped if he hadn't turned his back on Wilkins at the first game of the season at Rotherham, completely ignoring instructions from the bench. :rolleyes:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it's highly likely that many, many players ignore instructions from the bench even when they are listening

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jam The Man said:
I think it's highly likely that many, many players ignore instructions from the bench even when they are listening

Maybe they do but they don't make a point of turning their backs.
I saw it JTM for myself so all this rubbish about Wilkins being able to manage him where MM couldn't is nonsense.
I also agree with Edna about other player's views as I have heard that from players as well.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yorkie said:
Maybe they do but they don't make a point of turning their backs.
I saw it JTM for myself so all this rubbish about Wilkins being able to manage him where MM couldn't is nonsense.
I also agree with Edna about other player's views as I have heard that from players as well.

That's possibly naiive as we as fans don't tend to avidly study conversations / instructions that go on between coaches and players.. and that may well be so re the comments of EK, but you also told me yourself that you found him a very nice, friendly young man.

On a personal note I have heard directly from 4 or 5 players myself who say that he was a nice guy and quite the opposite of what EK says.

I am amazed that this still warrants so much debate!!! I wasn't going to post the news as I knew it would be deja vu!

LOL! Searching all those threads wont help! (in joke)

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jam The Man said:
That's possibly naiive as we as fans don't tend to avidly study conversations / instructions that go on between coaches and players.. and that may well be so re the comments of EK, but you also told me yourself that you found him a very nice, friendly young man.

I did when I spoke to him but several of us commented at the Rotherham game whilst watching it as it was so obvious.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yorkie said:
I did when I spoke to him but several of us commented at the Rotherham game whilst watching it as it was so obvious.

Maybe it's because he had the transfer request burning a hole in his kit bag?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jam The Man said:
Maybe it's because he had the transfer request burning a hole in his kit bag?

Maybe it was but he was sent on during a game where we were desperately trying to hang on to a 1-0 lead and didn't go where he should and let the rest of the team down by his attitude.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yorkie said:
Maybe it was but he was sent on during a game where we were desperately trying to hang on to a 1-0 lead and didn't go where he should and let the rest of the team down by his attitude.

Well what can I say? Typical Brighton fans looking for a scapegoat in a game we won...

...If any player got shafted as much as he did from other people at the club, I'd be surprised if they would feel wanted too.

Too many people bury their heads in the sand over certain issues at this club, and so long as that's the case, we the fans will en masse be blissfully unaware. Not much point saying any more because I think the matter has been done to death, resurrected and re-cremated so many times and no-one on either side of the fence is going to change their views until key figures release best selling books that tell the real story!

Can't wait to read them, because I'm sure I don't know the whole truth about exactly WHY it all went wrong, and i'm sure no-one on this board does either.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Real story? You admitted that you hadn't spoken to Colin since the day he signed on. Presumably you have heard your side of the story from Debo/Justin Richards. Hmmm, I doubt he would tell you anything that would be detrimental to Colin.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I now someone on here who used to see him on a regular basis in the Honey smashed out of his tree.:lolol:

As is the way with NSC the whole thing gets totally polarised as both camps set up their stall. Having read all the stuff that people have said from the day Colin signed I would probably say his leaving was a bit of both, i.e MM not handling him as well as he could and Colin not behaving as well as he could. Take into acount all external influences, family, fans, agents, other players, I would imagine there are a number of things that contributed to the situation. I would say the blame lay on both sides.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here