Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As biased as I am, I'm still convinced that Saints didn't need the sending off at SMS to win that game. Once we had scored, that game was going the same way as Brum, Boro & Watford at home. On Monday, had in not been for the sending off, we probably would have scored and at best Brighton would have got a hard fought equaliser. There's no way they would have won.

You really did'nt like losing to us did you? Why dont you just accept that the better team won and move on? You can put as many If's, But's and Maybe's in there as you like but the fact is Southampton created chances and could'nt take them where as the Albion created chances and took them so in my eyes that made us the better team on the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You really did'nt like losing to us did you? Why dont you just accept that the better team won and move on? You can put as many If's, But's and Maybe's in there as you like but the fact is Southampton created chances and could'nt take them where as the Albion created chances and took them so in my eyes that made us the better team on the day.

16 points clear when it mattered. SIXTEEN. We were a LOT better than Saints last year and still somehow some of them can't admit that.

Results over last couple of seasons when there was anything riding on it for us:
Brighton wins - 2
Draws - 2
Soton wins - 1 (including ref handing game to Soton)

I can see why they get annoyed about us, we've generally had the upper hand over the last couple of years.

Still, they're top of the league (somehow?!) for another week or so, so perhaps they should focus on that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Come on redneb, it's time to move on. There's a brave little soldier.

Harding-esque, isn't it? There, there Daniel. Stop crying, nasty Mr Buckley will stop embarrassing you at some point, I'm sure.

Has anyone ever retired out of pure shame before?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
16 points clear when it mattered. SIXTEEN. We were a LOT better than Saints last year and still somehow some of them can't admit that.

Results over last couple of seasons when there was anything riding on it for us:
Brighton wins - 2
Draws - 2
Soton wins - 1 (including ref handing game to Soton)

I can see why they get annoyed about us, we've generally had the upper hand over the last couple of years.

Still, they're top of the league (somehow?!) for another week or so, so perhaps they should focus on that.

So our win at the Withdean doesnt count then coz you had nothing riding on it? No you didnt care did you? Thats why you had hate banners all over the place and there were threads galore about wanting to batter us. You clearly didnt want this one and Poyet had absolutely nothing against us.

All this "when it matters" crap. Fact is you beat us by 3 points after a 46 game season and we are now 12 points above you in the NPC with a 21 better goal difference.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All this "when it matters" crap. Fact is you beat us by 3 points after a 46 game season and we are now 12 points above you.

You're missing the point - we only played a 42 game season, then went on a well deserved holiday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All this "when it matters" crap. Fact is you beat us by 3 points after a 46 game season and we are now 12 points above you in the NPC with a 21 better goal difference.
That's right. The fact is we were CHAMPIONS (with ease) whereas you took the tradesman's entrance to the NPC. And now you are indeed 12 points better than us but we're only half way through the season. Lets see where we are after your team turns to ratshit now that Lambert is suspended. Can we expect some more non-league performances from the south coast Dagenham now that you haven't got him playing?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
But not his entire face.

Crying_Baby_by_Jane26.jpg

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
That's right. The fact is we were CHAMPIONS (with ease) whereas you took the tradesman's entrance to the NPC. And now you are indeed 12 points better than us but we're only half way through the season. Lets see where we are after your team turns to ratshit now that Lambert is suspended. Can we expect some more non-league performances from the south coast Dagenham now that you haven't got him playing?

In fairness Sim I would call the tradesman entrance the playoffs. Finishing in the top 2 of a 24 team league should always constitute a solid promotion.

Yeah lets see how our season is now ruined now Lambo is suspended for 2 league games or 1 if we draw at Cov. We are also showing absolutely no ambition in the transfer window.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
......... Fact is you beat us by 3 points after a 46 game season .......
..........and we are now 12 points above you in the NPC with a 21 better goal difference.........

If you beat us by 3 points after 46 games in the NPC i will happly buy you a pint in the longman, and wish you well for future endevours

you firmly believe that the current standing is the "natural difference" between the clubs and last season was a Hiccup for you......

so, to make it intresting lets put a £1 on each point & goal difference betwen now and the end of the season.............

i.e. if you finish 20 points ahead of us and 30 goals better GD - then i'll give you £17 quid and a pint (20-12 = 8) + (30-21 = 9)

but, if you have a little tumble in form................

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
If you beat us by 3 points after 46 games in the NPC i will happly buy you a pint in the longman, and wish you well for future endevours

you firmly believe that the current standing is the "natural difference" between the clubs and last season was a Hiccup for you......

so, to make it intresting lets put a £1 on each point & goal difference betwen now and the end of the season.............

i.e. if you finish 20 points ahead of us and 30 goals better GD - then i'll give you £17 quid and a pint (20-12 = 8) + (30-21 = 9)

but, if you have a little tumble in form................

In other words a pound per point and a pound per goal difference at the end of the season, and add £33 to your balance. Could work. Could we bring the fair play league into this at all? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here