Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Buckley pushed it past him, when Harding was on the half turn, and Harding was caught totally flat-footed, so he just threw himself in front of Buckley to block him off. All I think saved him, was that Buckley actually pushed it quite a long way ahead of him, so there was perhaps some uncertainty over whether he would have kept it in play.

Doesn't for me, excuse Harding's action, but MIGHT explain why the ref didn't give it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think this incident occurred before the yellow card. Didn't see much wrong TBH.

You are fishing.

Maybe it looked different from your angle, I don't know. Buckley had the momentum to easily go past him, he moved across to body block him, while a good 10 yards from the ball. Yellow card every single time, and another example of him being owned by Buckley.

I can see why you don't think Buckley owned him, as you don't seem to have seen ANY of the incidents in question.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nope, I'm certain it was after the yellow.

Are you talking about the one where Harding blocked off Buckley (making no attempt to go for the ball) and the ref played on, or the one where Buckley beat Harding, and got pushed over?

The former (I'm pretty certain) was before the yellow, the latter after. Whatever, it's fair to say he had an afternoon to forget. However, I'd rather it stayed with him for a while.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Okay, if you want to be literal, you can ignore dangerous, and stick with arrogant.

"It doesn't matter if we don't go up this season. We'll simply go up next season instead" It doesn't work like that, I'm afraid however 'f***ing strong' you think you'll be, or whatever it says in your precious 5 year plan. Right now you are top of the league. If you make no investment right now to try to stay there, you club is run by morons.

Birmingham will be a huge threat next year. There will be three clubs down from the Prem with millions of pounds in parachute payments to spend on players like Nolan. What's to say other clubs (Leeds?, Brighton?, Derby?) won't outspend or outperform you? Stupid attitude.

You're clearly missing my point. I like being this league, its competitive, I dont get charged £32-34 a ticket, and for the forthcoming seasons I can see us being in the top 8 at least which is exciting.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I joined in with the jeering and the 'Cheerio's', but I was mostly ANGRY, that they managed to get him off before we had one last chance to run at him and finish the job.

I said to Tim he would be brought off the moment he nearly got his 2nd yellow. 5 mins later he was. I was quietly smug (although clearly not after 90 mins)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Ball over the top, down the East side of the penalty area, on about 60 minutes. Defender barged him square in the back. Ref chose to see it as shoulder to shoulder. It wasn't. I was 20 yards away and it was a very clear penalty. Genuinelly surprised when it wasn't given.

I was closer than where you sit. Knee slightly nudged thigh and he went down looking for it. Seen em given but didnt really hold a huge breath tbh. Would have been harsh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope

Saw it all - just with my Saint's bias rather than your Albion bias.

I'm sorry but in this instance there is no bias. A bloke flinging himself across to block someone's path when they are running past, nowhere near the ball, is obstruction. I would say it if it were the other way round.

Greer deserved a red card, no question. There you go. No bias whatsoever.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry but in this instance there is no bias. A bloke flinging himself across to block someone's path when they are running past, nowhere near the ball, is obstruction. I would say it if it were the other way round.

Greer deserved a red card, no question. There you go. No bias whatsoever.

You say thats the bugger from my point of view. Two players do 2 stupid things in a match and both see red. But because our player did his 35 mins earlier we lost 3 nil.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You say thats the bugger from my point of view. Two players do 2 stupid things in a match and both see red. But because our player did his 35 mins earlier we lost 3 nil.

But then Harding could've easily gone after about 30 mins, etc etc. We can go on forever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You didn't lose 3-nil, just because he saw red, though, did you?

You lost 3-0 because he saw red, and you completely failed to cope with the extra man, or come up with any plan whatsoever to combat the situation.

We played 78 minutes with NINE men against Burnley and let in one. The moment the second red was shown, Poyet made two subs and changed the shape. Adkins stood there and watched his team fall apart.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You didn't lose 3-nil, just because he saw red, though, did you?

You lost 3-0 because he saw red, and you completely failed to cope with the extra man, or come up with any plan whatsoever to combat the situation.

We played 78 minutes with NINE men against Burnley and let in one. The moment the second red was shown, Poyet made two subs and changed the shape. Adkins stood there and watched his team fall apart.

Quite. When Lambert saw red, Adkins did absolutely bollock all to change things for the better.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
We played 78 minutes with NINE men against Burnley and let in one. The moment the second red was shown, Poyet made two subs and changed the shape.
At St Mary's you lost one player and fell apart. It was so one-sided after that it was embarrassing....or are you saying that it would have been that way even if you had kept 11 men on the pitch?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At St Mary's you lost one player and fell apart. It was so one-sided after that it was embarrassing....or are you saying that it would have been that way even if you had kept 11 men on the pitch?

Actually, not counting the penalty scored from the same incident as the sending off, we only let in ONE goal after going down to 10, and that was from another erroneously awarded penalty.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Clearly you will only look at a game with your stained specs on. How many goals did we concede down to 10 men.

How many did you concede going down to 10 men.

Hows the form table looking by the way?

Oh and for free - I really hope your team implode.

Ps - Your manager should watch out for those life size water bottles - dangerous to trip over.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Actually, not counting the penalty scored from the same incident as the sending off, we only let in ONE goal after going down to 10, and that was from another erroneously awarded penalty.
Whether or not it was erroneous is a moot point. It is not the goal tally that I am alluding to, it is the way that you were completely overrun - barely a touch of the ball for the rest of the game. I didn't see Poyet making any wonderful changes to stem the tide. Sometimes, when you lose a player, it goes to rat shit and sometimes it does not. Often depends on how well the opposition make it count. Saints made it count at St Marys. Albion made it count at the Amex. Burnley were obviously not up to the task - even against 9.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
i don't think that needs any further comment. If calling someone an "oilbag" for being hispanic doesn't warrant a ban, i don't know what does.
this !!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here