Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how deluded are Southampton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I must say I do respect redneb's loyal and dogged persistence to defend what's left of Southampton's honour and dignity from last Monday.

In much the same way I respect a huge pile of cow shit's right to stink to high heaven, I suppose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I must say I do respect redneb's loyal and dogged persistence to defend what's left of Southampton's honour and dignity from last Monday.

In much the same way I respect a huge pile of cow shit's right to stink to high heaven, I suppose.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Methinks he doth protest too much.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ben, 3-0 is pretty comprehensive - in either match.

You seem to be arguing to the nth degree about which 3-0 home win was more comprehensive, as if it matters. Time to give it up. You're not the only one but this is getting really boring. I don't think any BHA fan grumbled to this degree over on your site after you easily beat us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Both scores were fair over the 90s minutes in each match, regardless of refs, players being knobs etc. Let's move on.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ben, 3-0 is pretty comprehensive - in either match.

You seem to be arguing to the nth degree about which 3-0 home win was more comprehensive, as if it matters. Time to give it up. You're not the only one but this is getting really boring. I don't think any BHA fan grumbled to this degree over on your site after you easily beat us.

you are missing the point. ITs not about the merits of the win thats at issue here. Stains fans give the impression they DESERVE TO WIN. It is this over arching arrogance and sense of entitlement that makes me really f***ing hate them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
you are missing the point. ITs not about the merits of the win thats at issue here. Stains fans give the impression they DESERVE TO WIN. It is this over arching arrogance and sense of entitlement that makes me really f***ing hate them.

Thing is, as many have mentioned, their website/local press is so embarrassingly myopic and one sided, it's not surprising they have the views they have. Their official website just make things up. It's like a football club run by 12 year olds.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Thing is, as many have mentioned, their website/local press is so embarrassingly myopic and one sided, it's not surprising they have the views they have. Their official website just make things up. It's like a football club run by 12 year olds.

Could explain why cortese wanted press photographers banned from St fairies. Just in case they showed a picture of Adkins being only 5ft 4 in platform heels and lambert not punching the ground etc

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
abso fuckin lutely :guitar: :albion2:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
and this :albion2:

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
I'd like to weigh in on the original topic. Living in the Daily Echo... catchment area I guess, I used to have to pick up the Daily Echo when I was unemployed and all that for the listings. The paper is complete crap. I just wrote a pretty long post against the Daily Echo, but then I realised I could sum it up in one sentence.

Jim Davidson has a regular column in it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some of you who think we are bad losers seem to forget one key point. Before RL was sent off, we were clearly the better team. You were not that at SMS before Taricco got his marching orders.

Here's the thing - you fail to accept that you got beat fair and square, you were not "clearly the better team" before fat boy got himself sent off, it was close and you edged it - just. The more you moan and whine like a little bitch about it the more bitter you come across, and the more you reinforce the view that stains fans are arrogant fucknuggets but you carry on, you're quite fun to laugh at with your predictable outbursts :wave:

Oh, and 3-0 to the CHAMPIONS :Albion:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
On Monday, it just all went against us. Call it bad luck/whatever, our players just took it and just accepted it was a bad day at the office. We plugged away as much as we could

What went against you? The fact that the Albion had ten first team players missing serving suspensions & injuries - whose places were filled by development players and bench warmers. Plus Harding escaped the most blatant red card you will ever see .

Bad luck my arse ! You were not good enough to take advantage of a great opportunity to pick up points with your best team on the pitch. That is why you won't go up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
At St Marys you scored one from open play, you then cheated by diving combined with a massive reffing mistake to get a pen.

In the process we had a player sent off for protesting the cheating and mistake.

You then scored a third against 10 men, again by cheating....with no contact on Lambert who dived.

Conversely.

An end to end and even match,

Lambert got sent off for lashing out at an opponent (who made the most of it), but there was contact to the face so it was a legitimate red card.

We then scored 3 goals from open play and not one by cheating/diving or the hand of the referee

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems to me that nobody has really decided what provoked GG to retaliate and get himself a red card. He's had the occasional rush of blood we all know but what was it that made him lash out ?

Of course it couldn't have been something a stains player did surely ? I mean, every player gets worked up despite the opposition being soundly beaten don't they ?

I see Stains fans call us cheats, bit of a case of takes one to know one I reckon.

I don't think he was actually reacting to anything. Having watched it quite a few times I'm almost convinced he puts his forearm up to push the guy in the shoulder to keep separation, as players do so often, but he either misjudged it, or the saints player leaned into it and went down.

Even though I don't think it was deliberate, I think when you make such a movement, if it goes to someone's face it's a red card, because you can't know if it is accidental, or deliberate and made to look accidental. I know that kinda contradicts my explanation, but my explanation is just my guess. There didn't seem to be any provocation, so there seems little motivation for him to deliberately hit the guy, so I'm assuming it wasn't deliberate.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
On Monday, had in not been for the sending off, we probably would have scored and at best Brighton would have got a hard fought equaliser. There's no way they would have won.

You cannot say that at all. We were very evenly matched (hence 0-0 at the time of the sending off) and we could have scored near the end and hung on for a 1-0. But at the end of the day, the stats will say that you lot lost 3-0 to the Albion reserves.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
At St Marys you scored one from open play, you then cheated by diving combined with a massive reffing mistake to get a pen.

In the process we had a player sent off for protesting the cheating and mistake.

You then scored a third against 10 men, again by cheating....with no contact on Lambert who dived.

Conversely.

An end to end and even match.

Lambert got sent off for lashing out at an opponent (who made the most of it), but there was contact to the face so it was a legitimate red card.

We then scored 3 goals from open play and not one by cheating/diving or the hand of the referee

This.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
It cant be. There's no cheating skank on top of him clutching his entire face despite being grabbed on the chin.

FFS you really do need to grow up. You sound like a kid squealing in a playground when you cant win every game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To be fair, we will always defend our teams to the end..... Did Soton have a goal disallowed? Yes. For me there is nothing else for them to complain about. Harding undoubtedly got away with the type of challenge that these days is a straight red card. Lambert struck/pushed AEA in the face, straight red. Greer elbow - straight red, no complaints.

Soton the better team? For 20 mins at the end of the first half probably yes. Up until then we were comfortable, had more possession and they looked like a team out of form and ideas. Lallana was disappointing, Lambert was quiet until the sending off and without these two firing they are distinctly average.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I don't think Saints fans are particularly deluded. You can't use the Saints fans who register here as a voxpop for the prevailing opinion. These are the nutters that feel compelled to log onto another teams' forum to defend their team no matter what the occurrence. Look at Redneb's postcount FFS. This bloke will defend Saints no matter how ridiculous the argument is. The other chap Klaatuberada only pops up when we play Southampton, says a few things with a Saints bias but overall talks a bit of sense in the same way that most of us have obvious Albion bias but talk a bit of sense.

That's the really funny thing about these threads; the likes of Redneb actually do his fellow fans a disservice with his dogmatic approach to debate and poor old semi-literate Redneb will never ever realise. Bless.

And I'd add that if Lord Gus wasn't our manager I'd hate him with a passion as I hate Adkins.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I don't think Saints fans are particularly deluded. You can't use the Saints fans who register here as a voxpop for the prevailing opinion. These are the nutters that feel compelled to log onto another teams' forum to defend their team no matter what the occurrence. Look at Redneb's postcount FFS. This bloke will defend Saints no matter how ridiculous the argument is. The other chap Klaatuberada only pops up when we play Southampton, says a few things with a Saints bias but overall talks a bit of sense in the same way that most of us have obvious Albion bias but talk a bit of sense.

That's the really funny thing about these threads; the likes of Redneb actually do his fellow fans a disservice with his dogmatic approach to debate and poor old semi-literate Redneb will never ever realise. Bless.

And I'd add that if Lord Gus wasn't our manager I'd hate him with a passion as I hate Adkins.

Well put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here