Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That Ajax team were pretty sensational in the Champions League last year. Amazed we have one of their players the more I think about it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Song for our new signing:

Uptown JO-EL!
He’s been playin in an orange WHI-RL,
Never played a back-pass WRONG,
Never played along side Gae-tan BONG!

Woooo, oooo, oooooo, oooo, ooooo, ooo, ooo....

Uptown Joel! (and repeat)

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Heatmap for his Eredivisie games this last season:

Screenshot_20200729-224213.png

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The other point here is that Lamptey is a player of incredible promise, but he's 19. It's unrealistic that he won't suffer dips in form. We need someone to be able to come in and cover the position. This season we've had to put Alzate there as an emergency measure.

Exactly this. We have sold a RB and a backup CB/RB very recently and people are asking where is he going to fit in. Alzate had to fill in as RB too much last year he needs to be playing further up the field. You need a strong squad to compete in this league as Bournemouth found out. I wouldnt be surprised if one or two more defenders are sold either and no not to Leeds.

Also Lamptey is only 19 he isnt going to be playing every game.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I see this as a really exciting signing.when Graham potter says he has bought a player because he can play centre half and right back and is good on the ball he is actually saying that he plans to play Joel as a centre half,right back or in a back three or maybe on the right wing and it's going to be possibly all of these during the same match.i think we have only had a small taster of potterball this season.i believe next season is going to be something really quite special under potter.its going to be amazing!!!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Video interview released by the club:

[video]https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1745401/albion-make-dutch-international-their-second-summer-signing[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here