Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Amazing signing.

Straight into the starting 11 you'd think.

Champions League and International experience, and by all accounts a bloody good baller.

Anyone questioning this signing needs their head checked. It's a real coup.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I was impressed with lallana signing as well as lamptey and maccalister. Maupay was a no brainer too.

However we have made some terrible signings from the Dutch league this seems to be our blind spot.

Obviously will give the guy the benefit of the doubt !!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
So out of the blue.

I'm just doing the end of day round of social media.

I will admit that I didn't even open the email which was headlined BREAKING NEWS NEW SIGNING Albion make Dutch International their second signing......I just assumed it was for the ladies team.

Then I came on NSC..........

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
One things for certain, we won't be playing the same starting 11 most weeks this gives GP more tools to choose from. Interesting both Lallana and Veltman have said we'd been in contact for sometime, clearly there's a lot of fore thought going on.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
His club pedigree is far higher than any defenders we have at the moment.

We've got nobody who has reached the latter stages of the Champions League. On that logic, the conversation should really be, who out of Dunk, Webby, White etc gets to play alongside Veltman.

It's not like, we're getting a player on their way down. 28 is probably as good as you're going to be as a centre back.

Disagree... Dunk has proved he is very good at this level, Webster has got better as time has progressed and is beginning to look good. White has to prove it.

If you go by club pedigree then Montoya (Barca & Valencia) should have been first choice defender .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Makes me all tingly that fans of other clubs complimeting our transfer business, can hardly believe it, what a move by the club:

[tweet]1288582039499939842[/tweet]

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do wonder what it means for all our CBs. Clearly Duffy's on the way out and I suspect Clarke is back to Derby. But what about Ostigard, Dendoncker, Baluta and O'Hora. I suspect Roberts is out on loan but the others are a bit older.

Guess this does mean the end of a pathway to our first team for them - or most of them anyway - which is a shame. But I suppose we couldn't have used them all anyway.
Hope we can get some decent prices for them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Makes me all tingly that fans of other clubs complimeting our transfer business, can hardly believe it, what a move by the club:

[tweet]1288582039499939842[/tweet]

Still a few.....how, what, you're kidding #TeamlikeBrighton stuff and of course the 2022 Champions league winners, Leeds who are convinced this means White to them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Exactly this. We have sold a RB and a backup CB/RB very recently and people are asking where is he going to fit in. Alzate had to fill in as RB too much last year he needs to be playing further up the field. You need a strong squad to compete in this league as Bournemouth found out. I wouldnt be surprised if one or two more defenders are sold either and no not to Leeds.

Also Lamptey is only 19 he isnt going to be playing every game.

I'd suggest away at Liverpool or Citeh, Lamptey possible shouldn't. He's learning, highly talented but he's been done a few times.
Much more experienced head in the top 6 away games would make sense. Lamptey is quality and is going to be a top top player, but as you say he's inexperienced and still a teenager.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
47EF57C8-3065-4394-9AAD-261DBFA17577.png

4EA1FD07-7E7E-4497-B4FC-80C8D321BDF8.png

E5B16984-4DA5-4A36-AE5B-0FF94542B046.png

Dutch guy on Twitter.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Don’t forget this guy says he’s mates with lallana and he didn’t have a clue about him signing and even said few days ago this would be extremely unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't he claim he knew Kylie a few years ago? Dwayne Mitty?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here