Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I always thought he was a right back but I looked up the last 6 Ajax games and he played centre back in each one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought it was widely acknowledged as being a right back?

Ye dont get me wrong, it was widely acknowledged he can play RB but he has played CB more in his career. I only found Potters wording remarkable because it shows the club is primarly intending to use him for that position more so than a versatile defender-backup.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good introduction to English training - Black eye and busted nose already.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ye dont get me wrong, it was widely acknowledged he can play RB but he has played CB more in his career. I only found Potters wording remarkable because it shows the club is primarly intending to use him for that position more so than a versatile defender-backup.

But his video’s seemed to show him intercepting and tackling atRB?

You probably know more than myself in terms of Veltman, as had never previously heard of him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Currently playing alongside Virgil van Dijk in central defence for Holland vs Italy (sky sports premier league)

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Dan Burn has played his last 30+games left back but he’d probably still class himself as a centre back.

Dan Burn could play at left back for the rest of his career, winning trophies, POTY, England caps etc. People would still regard him as a centre back played out of position

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here