Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Robinson had so much natural talent it was almost unbelievable.

He was a born goal scorer in the Michael owen vein.

So what does Micky f***ing adams do, plays him in midfield for a few weeks until he gets pissed off.
Then drops him for bad attitude.

So, wind forward a bit, Adams doesn't play Lynch, instead he gives his place to 2 f***ing muppetts (comparatively speaking) and then can't understand why the lad gets pissed off.

That is so much re-writing history. 4 managers have given Robinson opportunities and he has failed to take them........too inconsistent/too lightweight. f*** all to do with Adams.

Lynch and Adams certainly appeared to fall out but it was only after Lynch was dropped for footballing reasons and whether you agree or not you are NOT and never will be the manager. What is clear is that Lynch refused to be selected and regrettably, as I am a fan of his, that is totally unprofessional.

Forest dont appear willing to meet our valuation so I hope he is back and prepared to show us how good he might be. If he is then he can be an ever-present playing across the back four, and we will undoubtedly benefit. However if he thinks and acts Billy Big-Bollocks then I am in favour of him going.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't understand this anti Joel Lynch vibe. The kid clearly has talent, he worked his way up through the ranks, eased his way into the first team, played out of position for the good of the team and then finally when he is establishing himself as a regular he finds he is droped for Colin Hawkins. I'd be pissed off too. The bloke wanted to play and a club a division above gave him the chance. Yes he engineered it and quite frankly so would I have done in his shoes, he deserved his chance. Was/is he a bit arrogant, inpatient and up himself? Yes, he is a f***ing kid, all kids are. We should have been helping that development into maturity. I see this as a failing by the club, not the player and ultimately it's the club's loss.
I wouldn't say all kids are arrogant. However in Lynch's case, the jury's out for me. Let's see whether he turns into billy big bollocks or flounces again if he gets dropped.

I do hope he plays though - he was always a class looking player, and if Forest have ironed out some of the massive f*** ups from his game, we'll have an excellent player (at this level) on our hands.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't understand this anti Joel Lynch vibe. The kid clearly has talent, he worked his way up through the ranks, eased his way into the first team, played out of position for the good of the team and then finally when he is establishing himself as a regular he finds he is droped for Colin Hawkins. I'd be pissed off too. The bloke wanted to play and a club a division above gave him the chance. Yes he engineered it and quite frankly so would I have done in his shoes, he deserved his chance. Was/is he a bit arrogant, inpatient and up himself? Yes, he is a f***ing kid, all kids are. We should have been helping that development into maturity. I see this as a failing by the club, not the player and ultimately it's the club's loss.

To be honest, the perception of his talents is secondary to the main point here, which is his lack of professionalism. Personally, I saw someone developing as a good player, with the potential for great things. And that still might well be the case. But that's not the issue in this instance.

He was picked by the manager, and he refused to play. Everything else is a footnote.

To be honest, the perception of his talents is secondary to the main point here, which is his lack of professionalism. Personally, I saw someone developing as a good player, with the potential for great things. And that still might well be the case. But that's not the issue in this instance.

He was picked by the manager, and he refused to play. Everything else is a footnote.

So we are agreed. As a player he has great potential. As a person he has been a twat.

My point is that a huge %, (OK Sim not 100%) of young talented footballers are going to be a bit arrogant. They spend years watching the Prem and dreaming of emulating the stars so when it all starts to become real they get ahead of themselves and start acting like Ronaldo. It's all part of growing up, kids make mistakes. It was up to the club, and specifically MA to shape and nurture this development. I know McGhee had his work cut out but ultimately he helped JL progress and knuckle down. MA failed. I just hope RS is able to undo the harm done and get things back on track.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So we are agreed. As a player he has great potential. As a person he has been a twat.

My point is that a huge %, (OK Sim not 100%) of young talented footballers are going to be a bit arrogant. They spend years watching the Prem and dreaming of emulating the stars so when it all starts to become real they get ahead of themselves and start acting like Ronaldo. It's all part of growing up, kids make mistakes. It was up to the club, and specifically MA to shape and nurture this development. I know McGhee had his work cut out but ultimately he helped JL progress and knuckle down. MA failed. I just hope RS is able to undo the harm done and get things back on track.

that sort of sums thing up. perhaps best to draw a line under this one for now. if he's superb next year nobody will care much what happened in the past anyway

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are agreed. But to be a success, you can't have one without the other.
Eh? Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer have both played for the top 5 or 6 clubs in the country and yet they're both complete wankers and a good deal more successful than Lynch. So actually, I think you can.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
that's nonsense. adams was never going to pick him so the idea that he was selected for a league match but refused to play doesn't hold any water.

look. he's quick, he's a good natural defender, he's great on the ball, he can play in 2 position and he's a proper albion fan with great potential who's come through the ranks. what more do you want from your players?

He supports Arsenal.

We are agreed. But to be a success, you can't have one without the other.

But as a kid surely he is entitled to make mistakes and be encouraged to learn from them? I made more mistakes in my early 20's then I care to remember, you can't judge him as the finished article yet. Give the lad a chance to grow up and prove himself, maybe he will make the same mistakes again and be a Leon Knight twat. Or maybe he will learn, develop and be like just about most every other bloke I know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cristiano Ronaldo?!

Eh? Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer have both played for the top 5 or 6 clubs in the country and yet they're both complete wankers and a good deal more successful than Lynch. So actually, I think you can.

Sorry, I actually meant at this level. The Premier League is a circus in itself, and devoid of the normality that you or I would recognise.

However, considering what they COULD have been, I wouldn't consider either Barton or Bowyer successes.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

According to Adams he was.

Seems very unlikely to me that he was actually selected at all.

After all, there were at least 20 players in the under 18 squad available, all of whom Adams would have selected first.

You are taking one moment completely out of context, and have an obsession with the phrase unprofessional.

Adams was the one being unprofessional in the first place, by playing shite instead of quality.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
According to Adams he was.

Seems very unlikely to me that he was actually selected at all.

After all, there were at least 20 players in the under 18 squad available, all of whom Adams would have selected first.

I'm going to have to agree with Severnside Gull here, and accuse you of re-writing history. He WAS selected. There's no point in continuing this lively discussion if you're going to create your own reality over this pivotal point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here