Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
You've just answered your own point. Kerry had commitment, Joel is lacking that. His head was turned before Micky came back on the scene.

And 'we've ruined Jake...'? Oh, please.

Robinson had so much natural talent it was almost unbelievable.

He was a born goal scorer in the Michael owen vein.

So what does Micky f***ing adams do, plays him in midfield for a few weeks until he gets pissed off.
Then drops him for bad attitude.

So, wind forward a bit, Adams doesn't play Lynch, instead he gives his place to 2 f***ing muppetts (comparatively speaking) and then can't understand why the lad gets pissed off.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well I think Slade has more about him than to listen to "a players history".
Because its exactly that - history.

Any manager that isn't able to make up his own mind about a player - needs a new line of work.

History, is it? That's why there's an offer on the table from Forest right now...?

It's a matter of trust, and Lynch has got to go a long way to earn that once again, not just with the manager, with the rest of the management team and the playing colleagues he walked out on. He is, as they say, tainted goods.

YOU might forgive him his lack of professionalism, but in the great scheme of things, that's completely irrelevant - it's his work colleagues whose respect he has to earn.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Robinson had so much natural talent it was almost unbelievable.

He was a born goal scorer in the Michael owen vein.

So what does Micky f***ing adams do, plays him in midfield for a few weeks until he gets pissed off.
Then drops him for bad attitude.

So, wind forward a bit, Adams doesn't play Lynch, instead he gives his place to 2 f***ing muppetts (comparatively speaking) and then can't understand why the lad gets pissed off.

:wozza: Even Dean Wilkins had a downer on Jake and his snotty attitude - he had to drop him for disciplinary reasons, remember? - and he appeared never to change it.

Jake Robinson was his own worst enemy.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
History, is it? That's why there's an offer on the table from Forest right now...?

It's a matter of trust, and Lynch has got to go a long way to earn that once again, not just with the manager, with the rest of the management team and the playing colleagues he walked out on. He is, as they say, tainted goods.

YOU might forgive him his lack of professionalism, but in the great scheme of things, that's completely irrelevant - it's his work colleagues whose respect he has to earn.

As as most of them are from Stockport now, I don't see it as an issue.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Yep, that'll do for me.

We have already ruined Jake, please lets not do it to Lynch as well.

There's one thing you can't buy in football, and that's support.
If a kid grows up supporting a team, and then ends up playing for them, you get so much more effort from them.

Just look at Kerry, not much talent, but ridiculous amounts of commitment.

To throw away local born talent in this division, is borderline criminal.

spot on. are you me? that's EXACTLY how i feel about this situation.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
spot on. are you me? that's EXACTLY how i feel about this situation.

I'll just check the mirror - hang on, nope still me :clap2:

Seriously though, it does break my heart to see great loal talent run into the ground, then discarded purely because the manager has no idea how to get the best from them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bob Booker
Dean White
Tommy Elphick
Andrew Whing
Michel Kuipers
Dean Cox
Adam Virgo
Colin Hawkins
Kevin McLeod
Nicky Forster
Glenn Murray
Gary Hart
Adam El-Abd

Are you assuming they're as forgiving as you are?
Do you know what they think then?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bob Booker
Dean White
Tommy Elphick
Andrew Whing
Michel Kuipers
Dean Cox
Adam Virgo
Colin Hawkins
Kevin McLeod
Nicky Forster
Glenn Murray
Gary Hart
Adam El-Abd

Booker and White are irelevant (they do what Slade says)
Whing hasn't been here long enough to care
Cox is a cocky little shite who probably agrees with him
Virgo did something similar
Hawkins won't be here much longer
Forsters last season, so who cares
Murray - see Hawkins
Hart - see Forster
El Abd - who gives a shit.

The rest are from Stockport

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Bob Booker
Dean White
Tommy Elphick
Andrew Whing
Michel Kuipers
Dean Cox
Adam Virgo
Colin Hawkins
Kevin McLeod
Nicky Forster
Glenn Murray
Gary Hart
Adam El-Abd

if they're as professional as you find joel unprofessional, then what does it matter what they think. they should all just lump it right, like you wanted joel to do?

I don't understand this anti Joel Lynch vibe. The kid clearly has talent, he worked his way up through the ranks, eased his way into the first team, played out of position for the good of the team and then finally when he is establishing himself as a regular he finds he is droped for Colin Hawkins. I'd be pissed off too. The bloke wanted to play and a club a division above gave him the chance. Yes he engineered it and quite frankly so would I have done in his shoes, he deserved his chance. Was/is he a bit arrogant, inpatient and up himself? Yes, he is a f***ing kid, all kids are. We should have been helping that development into maturity. I see this as a failing by the club, not the player and ultimately it's the club's loss.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Murray - see Hawkins
Hart - see Forster

i think that might have been The large One's first choice 'good solid professionals' 11 for next season.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I don't understand this anti Joel Lynch vibe. The kid clearly has talent, he worked his way up through the ranks, eased his way into the first team, played out of position for the good of the team and then finally when he is establishing himself as a regular he finds he is droped for Colin Hawkins. I'd be pissed off too. The bloke wanted to play and a club a division above gave him the chance. Yes he engineered it and quite frankly so would I have done in his shoes, he deserved his chance. Was/is he a bit arrogant, inpatient and up himself? Yes, he is a f***ing kid, all kids are. We should have been helping that development into maturity. I see this as a failing by the club, not the player and ultimately it's the club's loss.

Seconded :albion2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Murray - see Hawkins
Hart - see Forster

Oh dear.

Well, at least the players will care a lot more about their work colleagues that than facile assessment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here