Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
i think he'll start the season at left back... who else do we have until jimmy m is back? and if he's playing well he'll stay in the team even when the mac is back.

i like lynch. i like my football players to play football and i'd rather a lynch was in the team than a virgo.

I agree, if he gets into the first starting line-up and does well, there's no reason to suggerst that McNulty would come straight back when/if he gets fit.

The kid from Stockport looks great, but I like Lynch, and yeah, he can and does play football, and we need our full backs to do that if we are going to progress.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He did, he found a professional club to play for.

One that used him in the right position, and encouraged him.

Can't blame the lad for wanting to play football.

Throwing your toys out of the pram and refusing to play a game for the club that pays you isn't acting professionally.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Throwing your toys out of the pram and refusing to play a game for the club that pays you isn't acting professionally.

He asked for a transfer and was refused.

Why refuse a transfer when you have no intention of playing the lad.

He was merely replying in kind to shit management decisions and the way he was being treated.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He had a club to play for, that picked him and he refused to play.

That is not professional.

If you are treated like a 2-year old, its only a matter of time before you start acting like one.

I'm sooooooooooooooo glad we appear to have a decent manager in charge now.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

that's nonsense. adams was never going to pick him so the idea that he was selected for a league match but refused to play doesn't hold any water.

look. he's quick, he's a good natural defender, he's great on the ball, he can play in 2 position and he's a proper albion fan with great potential who's come through the ranks. what more do you want from your players?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He did, he found a professional club to play for.

One that used him in the right position, and encouraged him.

Can't blame the lad for wanting to play football.

"used him in the right position"? He was played left back. Even the most generous of their fans says he was played out of position by them at left back, but was prepared to be kinder towards him as in the middle?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He asked for a transfer and was refused.

Why refuse a transfer when you have no intention of playing the lad.

He was merely replying in kind to shit management decisions and the way he was being treated.

Refusing a transfer request indicates we were intending to play him.

I can't accept that a player who refuses to play for us should still be wearing the stripes, it's not as if he is some sort of world beater either. He's an average centre back who makes a lot of mistakes because he thinks he's better than he is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
that's nonsense. adams was never going to pick him so the idea that he was selected for a league match but refused to play doesn't hold any water.

Um, he was picked, and he did refuse to play.

look. he's quick, he's a good natural defender, he's great on the ball, he can play in 2 position and he's a proper albion fan with great potential who's come through the ranks. what more do you want from your players?

Someone who behaves professionally?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Yep, that'll do for me.

We have already ruined Jake, please lets not do it to Lynch as well.

There's one thing you can't buy in football, and that's support.
If a kid grows up supporting a team, and then ends up playing for them, you get so much more effort from them.

Just look at Kerry, not much talent, but ridiculous amounts of commitment.

To throw away local born talent in this division, is borderline criminal.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

He was picked to play, its an irrefutable fact - look back at the Argus round the time.

He's quick granted, tries to over play though and as such makes a lot of basic errors. May have changed but I very much doubt it. I want someone who's willing to make an effort of things aren't going his way, not acting like a petulant child after 3 games out.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Agree that if he stays with us then he may well start the season at left back. McNulty is coming back from a very serious injury and will need to be eased back into the first team. I really think that we NEED Lynch right now unless a new LB is on the way.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yep, that'll do for me.

We have already ruined Jake, please lets not do it to Lynch as well.

There's one thing you can't buy in football, and that's support.
If a kid grows up supporting a team, and then ends up playing for them, you get so much more effort from them.

To throw away local born talent in this division, is borderline criminal.

You've probably picked the wrong example in Kerry, he did actually have the commitment. Lynch is the opposite.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You've just answered your own point. Kerry had commitment, Joel is lacking that. His head was turned before Micky came back on the scene.

And 'we've ruined Jake...'? Oh, please.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It doesn't mean Slade will treat him any more favourably.

He knows his history, and also knows he has a hell of a lot to prove.

Well I think Slade has more about him than to listen to "a players history".
Because its exactly that - history.

Any manager that isn't able to make up his own mind about a player - needs a new line of work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here