Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

He WAS selected. There's no point in continuing this lively discussion if you're going to create your own reality over this pivotal point.

It's an interesting point. According to the laws of quantum mechanics, TonyW has in fact merely by suggestion created an alternate universe identical to ours in every respect other then the fact that Joel Lynch wasn't selected but MA gave the impression that he was. So in actual fact TonyW has created his own reality, and is in fact right.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's an interesting point. According to the laws of quantum physics, TonyW has in fact merely by suggestion created an alternate universe identical to ours in every respect other then the fact that Joel Lynch wasn't selected but MA gave the impression that he was. So in actual fact TonyW has created his own reality, and is in fact right.

That's fine, but I can't find the keys to me Tardis, so I can't get into his own reality.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I've got no malice against Joel Lynch, but if he wants to stay and make a go of things he has to start from the bottom and work his way back into the side. That might well mean a spell in the reserves to earn in chance, just like any other player who is looking to make a fresh start.

I hope he works hard and gets his chance to prove himself, but i dont believe he should come back and be presented with a first team place after showing such contempt for the shirt last season.

He has to remember there are 6,500 of us that would love the chance to wear the stripes and by refusing to play last season its a bit of an insult to every single fan.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...He has to remember there are 6,500 of us that would love the chance to wear the stripes and by refusing to play last season its a bit of an insult to every single fan.

well I wouldn't, it would just be an embarrassment for all concerned.

I would rather the manager picked the best team available to him.. if that includes Joel Lynch, then that is fine by me.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I believe Adams picked him for the Wallsall at home game (and Lynch flounced because he was dropped for the previous game for Hawkins), also under Wilkins wasnt Lynch out on the town (Eastbourne) after feining injury or something? So his professionalism is up for debate.

As for Murray, well he has acted professionally because he has handed in a transfer request, thats what "want away" professionals should do. Not flounce, or posture or throw toys out the pram.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've got no malice towards Joel Lynch but if he came round my place all pissed up and high on charlie whilst I was wining and dining a lady when he was supposed to be playing centreback for the Albion against Swindon away then I'd have to question his professionalism.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I'm going to have to agree with Severnside Gull here, and accuse you of re-writing history. He WAS selected. There's no point in continuing this lively discussion if you're going to create your own reality over this pivotal point.

we don't know this. just becuase adams and his apparatchik naylor said so does not make it true.

he wouldn't have been selected so how can he have refused to have played!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I believe Adams picked him for the Wallsall at home game (and Lynch flounced because he was dropped for the previous game for Hawkins), also under Wilkins wasnt Lynch out on the town (Eastbourne) after feining injury or something? So his professionalism is up for debate.

As for Murray, well he has acted professionally because he has handed in a transfer request, thats what "want away" professionals should do. Not flounce, or posture or throw toys out the pram.

is that all we have to work on? that doesn't really convince me so i'm sticking with what i find far more believable, that adams wouldn't pick lynch for a league game in a million years.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
is that all we have to work on? that doesn't really convince me so i'm sticking with what i find far more believable, that adams wouldn't pick lynch for a league game in a million years.

Adams picked him and he refused to play, u cant choose to ignore that or not believe it because it doesnt fit in with your opinion

I've got no malice towards Joel Lynch but if he came round my place all pissed up and high on charlie whilst I was wining and dining a lady when he was supposed to be playing centreback for the Albion against Swindon away then I'd have to question his professionalism.

Was it an Albion player's place he visited pissed up and high or one of the then management staff?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Exactly what I was thinking.

I was expecting it to finish with "I'd say Oi Lynch NO"

I realised that afterwards. Thought I was being original but turns out I'm just a big copycat. Better that than some coke-filled stroppy soiree-interrupting ne'er-do-well.

No wonder Micky Adams did/didn't pick him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here