Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How was he brilliant he was a bungling donkey for those two games, Calvin Zola ran him all over the park. Elphick was doing both of the defenders jobs.:angry:

No, I don't agree. The defensive unit of Elphick and Hawkins was solid at the very start, I don't think Hawkins was completely out of his depth until Hooper raped him completely.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
New manager, new chairman, more than half a new side, and we're 6th in the betting so likely contenders for a play-off spot. The way I see it there's no reason why Lynch can't pick up where he left off, provided he has the right attitude.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
New manager, new chairman, more than half a new side, and we're 6th in the betting so likely contenders for a play-off spot. The way I see it there's no reason why Lynch can't pick up where he left off, provided he has the right attitude.

Exactly, that's why I feel he must partner Elphick at the centre of defence. Each indivduals diverse attributes complement each other hence why when they played together we finished 7th(albeit under different management). In order for us to advance it's mandatory these two play together as they are by far our most talented and gifted defenders in the squad at the moment.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Exactly, that's why I feel he must partner Elphick at the centre of defence. Each indivduals diverse attributes complement each other hence why when they played together we finished 7th(albeit under different management). In order for us to advance it's mandatory these two play together as they are by far our most talented and gifted defenders in the squad at the moment.

Guy Butters played a rather massive part in us finishing 7th, to be fair.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Guy Butters played a rather massive part in us finishing 7th, to be fair.

Don't get me wrong Guy played a role, but our best defensive performances came when he wasn't in the team. Solid performances away at free-scoring Leeds and Forest is clear evidence of how essential Lynch and Elphick our to our defensive cause.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't get me wrong Guy played a role, but our best defensive performances came when he wasn't in the team. Solid performances away at free-scoring Leeds and Forest is clear evidence of how essential Lynch and Elphick our to our defensive cause.

I love the Elphick and Lynch parternship, no question it was bloody brilliant and at Leeds and Forest especially, but for the dodgy decision on Murrays goal.... But Butters didn't "play a role", he was immense at times in my opinion and I know alot of people will agree. He was absolutely fantastic and he was massively missed at the back this season. It's funny, I never really rated the man, but as soon as he was gone I appreciated the role he actually played back there.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can see us having a back line of

Smith

Whing Tunnicliffe Lynch McNaulty

Slade made it pretty clear he was not impressed with the defence last season and he rates Lynch

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
On a personal note I'm still hoping we can persuade Lynch to stay with us in the same way I'm hoping we can do the same with Murray, Both bloody good players with they're best years ahead of them and I'd like it to be with us.

Hawkins was brilliant at Crewe and Southend to be fair, if Scunthorpe hadn't happened... it all would have been so different. :down:

I hope Lynch stays, he's class. And his attitude will be sorted out by Slade I reckon, no question.

What could happen of course is that Slade wants to play two ball-playing centre-halves. That would be a centre-back pairing of Tunnicliffe & Lynch.

agree with all of these comments and hope he stays but ...................if forrest come in with a massive offer(which I doubt) will we refuse to sell him?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I doubt any club will come in with a massive offer, TBH... not even one that meets our valuation...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'd have to be a bit of a twat to boo Lynch when there'll be 5 or 6 other players making their debuts, I'm sure that would create a pretty shit impression of us as home fans for them.

f***'s sake, there's bigger fish to fry...

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
As it stands, the ungrateful prick is staying sadly. Lets hope he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't start the first three games again.

Ungrateful, how???

He puts in years of effort to make it into the first team, and is kept out of the side by 2 players that aren't fit to wash his shirt.

Then he has to sit on the bench as the (mis)management that we have had to endure in recent seasons, plays just about any other player they can find at left back.

The kid is class, we are lucky to have him.

He needs to be encouraged to compete for his place with McNulty this season.
Or, play him in the centre.

But play him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i think he'll start the season at left back... who else do we have until jimmy m is back? and if he's playing well he'll stay in the team even when the mac is back.

i like lynch. i like my football players to play football and i'd rather a lynch was in the team than a virgo.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Ungrateful, how???

He puts in years of effort to make it into the first team, and is kept out of the side by 2 players that aren't fit to wash his shirt.

Then he has to sit on the bench as the (mis)management that we have had to endure in recent seasons, plays just about any other player they can find at left back.

The kid is class, we are lucky to have him.

He needs to be encouraged to compete for his place with McNulty this season.
Or, play him in the centre.

But play him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm with you on this one brother! adams treated him very badly becuase his skills didn't fit. he came in against northampton and played very well only to be dropped for a crippled donkey. no matter how well lynch played adams wasn't interested. what would you have done in his shoes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here