Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah I heard the comment by Butters and I would hope that he might of spoken to him personally if he felt that way, in an effort to help a talented youngster progress in the game.

I am not too sure whether this is the forum that an ex team mate might wish to offer his views, but its been said.

I have been told that Lynch's application is fine, but he does have a more complex side to his nature, many players do.

Butters himself never ceased to amaze me how well he could play,but I would always look and wonder just how good must he of been in his younger days and how good he still could be if he himself showed the same level of professional committment ( in terms of his weight ) that he would ask of others.

Do you know that Butters didn't speak to Lynch? Here we have classic Big Gully logic. You've been told something first hand by someone who was there on a daily basis. Somehow, though, you have to look for hidden meanings and place greater reliance on rumour and innuendo.

You clearly have an agenda. It's obvious with the way you attempt to manouevre any debate as the fault of senior management at the club. What gives with that? What's your beef with the club? Genuinely I'm interested.

Yeah I heard the comment by Butters and I would hope that he might of spoken to him personally if he felt that way, in an effort to help a talented youngster progress in the game.

I am not too sure whether this is the forum that an ex team mate might wish to offer his views, but its been said.

Yes, that's right, because that's what you and I would do in the work place.

One of the guys I work with is an annoying idiot, should I go up to him and say "You know, you've got a real attitude problem. You really need to sort it out. Just telling you to help you progress, you know?" :thud:

And I haven't quoted the rest of your comments, because quite frankly they are just rude.

Butters himself never ceased to amaze me how well he could play,but I would always look and wonder just how good must he of been in his younger days and how good he still could be if he himself showed the same level of professional committment ( in terms of his weight ) that he would ask of others.

I can only assume that you never got to meet Guy, or see him close up in the past 3 seasons. While on the pitch he didn't look in tip top shape if you were stood next to him you would realise that he was. No fat at all. Same goes for Kerry Mayo.

Anyone that saw either of these at the sponsors dinner would agree I'm sure. I think the comment above just shows how little you know. Also, who is to say that Butters, or any of the other senior pros, DIDN'T have a word with Joel? Is it not entirely possible that Joel believes his own hype and thinks he knows best, much like a lot of people his age?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Guy Butters turned up at Albion slightly overweight, he was offered for sale on ebay before playing brilliantly the very next season and being voted player of the season by the fans.

And you're questioning the level of Butters' professional commitment? ???

Says it all really.

Of course I am, jeeeeez.

The professional footballer was a couple of stone or more overweight, what part of that do you find professional ?

I have acknowledged his talent no doubt and I smiled as he won another header whilst not jumping, but come on, if your question is purely professionalism then I am afraid he aint the template.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Of course I am, jeeeeez.

The professional footballer was a couple of stone or more overweight, what part of that do you find professional ?

I have acknowledged his talent no doubt and I smiled as he won another header whilst not jumping, but come on, if your question is purely professionalism then I am afraid he aint the template.

You really are a twat aren't you?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Of course I am, jeeeeez.

Could you please answer my two posts in this thread?

Thanks

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yes, that's right, because that's what you and I would do in the work place.

One of the guys I work with is an annoying idiot, should I go up to him and say "You know, you've got a real attitude problem. You really need to sort it out. Just telling you to help you progress, you know?" :thud:

And I haven't quoted the rest of your comments, because quite frankly they are just rude.

And you point is, that you wouldnt talk to him, but post your feelings on the companies chat forum.

Oh right.......

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I can only assume that you never got to meet Guy, or see him close up in the past 3 seasons. While on the pitch he didn't look in tip top shape if you were stood next to him you would realise that he was. No fat at all. Same goes for Kerry Mayo.

Anyone that saw either of these at the sponsors dinner would agree I'm sure. I think the comment above just shows how little you know. Also, who is to say that Butters, or any of the other senior pros, DIDN'T have a word with Joel? Is it not entirely possible that Joel believes his own hype and thinks he knows best, much like a lot of people his age?

Your kiddin' me.......

Mayo and Butter no fat shocker ........!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do you know that Butters didn't speak to Lynch? Here we have classic Big Gully logic. You've been told something first hand by someone who was there on a daily basis. Somehow, though, you have to look for hidden meanings and place greater reliance on rumour and innuendo.

You clearly have an agenda. It's obvious with the way you attempt to manouevre any debate as the fault of senior management at the club. What gives with that? What's your beef with the club? Genuinely I'm interested.

Dont be silly, I would presume that he did speak to Lynch, probably many times about different aspect of his game, I hope so anyway.

But I cant quite understand why ANY player would offer a negative view of any other professional player within a fans chat forum.

Never.....

There have been times that I have been critical, but no agenda.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Nice play on words, but no points for ignoring the content of the post.

Must try harder.

C'mon, I have no doubt that both are very nice people and fans must of enjoyed their company, great.

But you said that both players carried 'no fat at all'.

C'mon, I have no doubt that both are very nice people and fans must of enjoyed their company, great.

But you said that both players carried 'no fat at all'.

Typical pedantic rubbish. If that had said NOT fat at all, would that be better? The point is that stood next to them there is no way you would have said they were overweight, or out of shape. Simple as that, and no, I don't mean because you wouldn't say it to their faces, but simply because you wouldn't have even thought it. In fact I would go as far as to say you would more likely be surprised at how lean they both looked.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dont be silly, I would presume that he did speak to Lynch, probably many times about different aspect of his game, I hope so anyway.

But I cant quite understand why ANY player would offer a negative view of any other professional player within a fans chat forum.

Never.....

There have been times that I have been critical, but no agenda.

But you not being privy to all that went on between Butters and Lynch you are making judgements with only a very small fraction of all the facts. Also, you did then proceed to smear Tank (well damning with feint praise).

No agenda? Hmm.. I think you have but let's agree to disagree. What about the first post I made in this thread? Do you acknowledge that you were trying to compare this season with last. Something that you said was eccentric?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Typical pedantic rubbish. If that had said NOT fat at all, would that be better? The point is that stood next to them there is no way you would have said they were overweight, or out of shape. Simple as that, and no, I don't mean because you wouldn't say it to their faces, but simply because you wouldn't have even thought it. In fact I would go as far as to say you would more likely be surprised at how lean they both looked.

Look I admire you support, but I promise you their own team mates would rip both lads apart, it would be banter and they would give some shit back.

But please do not start telling people that in professional footballer terms these players weren't carrying weight because it just isnt correct.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But you not being privy to all that went on between Butters and Lynch you are making judgements with only a very small fraction of all the facts. Also, you did then proceed to smear Tank (well damning with feint praise).

No agenda? Hmm.. I think you have but let's agree to disagree. What about the first post I made in this thread? Do you acknowledge that you were trying to compare this season with last. Something that you said was eccentric?

Hold on hold on.......

I dont know what was said between them and to be honest I dont care, the point was that it I find it unbelievable that any professional player should post a negative view on an ex-team mate on that clubs fans forum.

I will be honest I find it odd that any current player should post on here, I accept that some might read it, but to post, not too sure.

Look I admire you support, but I promise you their own team mates would rip both lads apart, it would be banter and they would give some shit back.

But please do not start telling people that in professional footballer terms these players weren't carrying weight because it just isnt correct.

I'm perfectly aware of the dressing room dynamic, and indeed have seen Butters take some stick from team mates, and give it back. Certainly Guy was not shy in letting people know that he loves his grub, and I think it's fair to say that had he not worked his nuts off training then he could easily have been out of shape very quickly. However, your insistance that they were overweight is quite simply wrong. I spent time speaking to both players at the sponsors dinner, and neither of them looked in anyway to be carrying weight. As I said before I can only assume that you did not see either of them close up, rather than on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here