Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

Is the irony really lost on you.

Every player that plays under any manager might be assumed to be one of that 'managers boys', you really dont need me to throw names at you about 'MA Boys' do you ???

At present Lynch just happens to be a Championship Managers 'boy' ... jeeez you getting there ??

Managers make assessments and pick a team that they hope will deliver successful, but if you disagree with them you seem to throw the allegation of one of the managers boys, its absurd view that can be said of every manager that has ever managed !!

No. It isn't. Of course we all know that MA has players that he knows from his past that he can trust, and he will want to bring in. The point here is that Wilkins had played a part in Lynch's development from his time with the youth. To say that he is now "Calderwood's boy" is churlish. You know exactly what I meant and you choose to twist it as again it suits your agenda.

As you correctly say, managers make assessments about players and pick a team. Lynch couldn't cope with that level ground, or possibly starting from an inferior position, rather than his previous advantaged one, and threw the toys out the pram.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No. It isn't. Of course we all know that MA has players that he knows from his past that he can trust, and he will want to bring in. The point here is that Wilkins had played a part in Lynch's development from his time with the youth. To say that he is now "Calderwood's boy" is churlish. You know exactly what I meant and you choose to twist it as again it suits your agenda.

As you correctly say, managers make assessments about players and pick a team. Lynch couldn't cope with that level ground, or possibly starting from an inferior position, rather than his previous advantaged one, and threw the toys out the pram.

Stop the poor soul bit that I am twisting anything.

Your view is so bizaare to me that I vehemently think your one massive contridiction.

You choose to look at Wilkins decision to play Lynch in some sort of sinister nepotism jaunt, it aint the case.

MA has decided not to play him, whilst a Championship manager seems to be contimplating buying him.

It doesnt make MA a fool or Wilkins a bad manager its just how things work out within football clubs, its opinions.

Whats this about level ground, there is no level ground in football, I dont remember Savage trialling for us before his start Saturday or any of the players brought in.

The manager has made a decision, no more no less.

MA clearly feels Hawkins is a better bet than Lynch, thats fine, Wilkins and Calderwood might of thought otherwise.

You choose to throw allegations around that are wholly unfounded.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
KSA, I refer you to my learned friend, Easy 10 -

"Arguing with BigGully is like trying to nail jelly to a wall."

I rest my case.

Weren't you just a little bit concious that you have once again said nothing ??

Not even a little weeny bit ??

C'mon state a view .......... try it, you'll love it..

Are you alright?

It's just the usual wannabe politico spin. Keep him going long enough and he will go full circle.

One minute he says that there's no nepotism in Wilkins sticking with Lynch, then says there's no level ground in football! And I'm the massive contradiction!

He cannot accept that Wilkins was let go, and so anything he sees as criticism of DW he has to argue against. Sad really.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Got a few m8s who are Forest ticket holders and all of them are quite impressed from what they have seen of Lynch in the short term,so sad to say I think he will be gone come Jan.Just hope that the money will be used to buy players and not just boost the loans kitty.1 month loans are ok for cover but no way can we build a squad on them,as we seem to be doing at the moment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
C'mon state a view .......... try it, you'll love it..
You say this EVERY time somebody points out how frustrating it is conversing with you. The real problem here is that EfE has CLEARLY already stated a view about 5 times, but you're too ignorant/thick to address any points she raised. Same old same old really. You haven't really grasped this "discussion" concept yet, have you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It's just the usual wannabe politico spin. Keep him going long enough and he will go full circle.

One minute he says that there's no nepotism in Wilkins sticking with Lynch, then says there's no level ground in football! And I'm the massive contradiction!

He cannot accept that Wilkins was let go, and so anything he sees as criticism of DW he has to argue against. Sad really.

You intimated nepotism with your 'one of Wilkins boys' jibe.

I have stated that all managers have their own views and decisions are made in what they believe is in the best interest of that team on any given day.

Although I am not too sure why the comparison with Wilkins picking Lynch contradicts my view that there really isnt a level playing field in football.

You go on to say that I will argue against anything that I see was a criticism of Wilkins, well it was a direct criticism and I disagreed with you.

You may wish me and others to choose not to respond when you spout such drivel about Wilkins but I wont if I think your view is unfair or unfounded.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You say this EVERY time somebody points out how frustrating it is conversing with you. The real problem here is that EfE has CLEARLY already stated a view about 5 times, but you're too ignorant/thick to address any points she raised. Same old same old really. You haven't really grasped this "discussion" concept yet, have you?

So maybe you would like to put the view she has put forward, as I am too thick to address it at present. Go on and I will respond, I genuinely cannot quite fathom her logic, but no doubt you can.

So help me on this ......

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely the key points are:

1. Lynch wasn't 1st choice initially due to injuries and other players playing better (Hawkins).

2. He decided that was a good time to leave - and put in a written transfer
request.

3. He was offered a place in the 1st team starting XI (proving that he was part of the plans) - but wasn't 'in the right place mentally' to play.

4. And finally, on the point that this is all a new (Adams) based thing - remember what Guy Butters has said on here about Lynch's attitiude - it was poor even last season.

Papa

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So maybe you would like to put the view she has put forward, as I am too thick to address it at present. Go on and I will respond, I genuinely cannot quite fathom her logic, but no doubt you can.

No thanks. I'm not getting into a protracted discussion with an ignoramous like you. KSA has already explained her point, and it seems he can actually be arsed to talk with you. I'm afraid I can't though, you're a busted flush IMO.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

What do you want help with? (We might not have long enough so lets stick to football :p)...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you really say that with a straight face, not even a little bit worried that a 7th place finish last season compared with the current position we find ourself in might invalidate your point, at least for now.

No ..... thought not .... !!

What a strange perspective to last years finish a little bit of spin there, I think.

Your last point is inaccurate, we are not currently a mid table team because we are just as close to 19th place than 11th .... so errrr ........you know what I mean !!!

...But to somehow take last seasons table and somehow minus the difference in points from the team above from our points tally to somehow state that that then becomes our natural league position is a strange assessment.

The point difference between us and Southend does indicate that we were a little short of play off credentials, but to then conclude we therefore really finished mid-table with your eccentric calculations is not fair.

As far as I can see (as quoted above) you're the one extrapolating our results 7 games in and comparing this with how we finished last season. I've also added your little dig where you seem to disagree with your own logic. You know - the bit where you compare this season with last and then say that it's an eccentric calculation.

I'd say that it is not a fair calculation at all. Take for instance our last two games, if we had won them both by not falling asleep in the last minute of both games we'd be 8th or 9th. Far far too early to be making comparisons.

You know this though. As KSA said, you're just using this as yet another stick to beat the club with.

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
As far as I can see (as quoted above) you're the one extrapolating our results 7 games in and comparing this with how we finished last season.

I'd say that it is not a fair calculation at all. Take for instance our last two games, if we had won them both by not falling asleep in the last minute of both games we'd be 8th or 9th. Far far too early to be making comparisons.

You know this though. As KSA said, you're just using this as yet another stick to beat the club with.

That was the jist yes. To which I also replied that with 37 league games left is a ridiculous point to make.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Surely the key points are:

1. Lynch wasn't 1st choice initially due to injuries and other players playing better (Hawkins).

2. He decided that was a good time to leave - and put in a written transfer
request.

3. He was offered a place in the 1st team starting XI (proving that he was part of the plans) - but wasn't 'in the right place mentally' to play.

4. And finally, on the point that this is all a new (Adams) based thing - remember what Guy Butters has said on here about Lynch's attitiude - it was poor even last season.

Papa

Yeah I heard the comment by Butters and I would hope that he might of spoken to him personally if he felt that way, in an effort to help a talented youngster progress in the game.

I am not too sure whether this is the forum that an ex team mate might wish to offer his views, but its been said.

I have been told that Lynch's application is fine, but he does have a more complex side to his nature, many players do.

Butters himself never ceased to amaze me how well he could play,but I would always look and wonder just how good must he of been in his younger days and how good he still could be if he himself showed the same level of professional committment ( in terms of his weight ) that he would ask of others.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Guy Butters turned up at Albion slightly overweight, he was offered for sale on ebay before playing brilliantly the very next season and being voted player of the season by the fans.

And you're questioning the level of Butters' professional commitment? ???

Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here