Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job Interview

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
So if i walked into a job centre now most jobs will be around the 30k mark?

No, because jobs advertised in a job centre are, on the whole, unskilled and intended to be taken by those who are unemployed. And by those who'll get away with lying on their CV because employers in dead-end jobs usually don't give a f*** who their employee is as long as they appear, do the job, and go away at the end of the day.

If you go on to Monster and look at jobs on there, the average salary on them will be approaching or at 30k in the job sectors that are counted.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Yea like they check your cv 3 years down the line:yawn:

More like 3 months; or whenever you happen to forget what lie you said and say something that contradicts it. You have to have an exceptionally good memory to be a convincing liar.

Stop trying to get away from the point here - you can't lie on a CV for a proper job - that is one that pays well, not the average industrial - because you won't get away with it. The jobs you're applying for clearly don't give a f***- they did hire you, after all.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
If you're earning £30,000 or less you're classed as low income as far as educational financial support. If you have children, they would be entitled to assistance with their university maintenence costs and EMA entitlement at VIth form. Hardly what I'd call a high wage earning bracket.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you're earning £30,000 or less you're classed as low income as far as educational financial support. If you have children, they would be entitled to assistance with their university maintenence costs and EMA entitlement at VIth form. Hardly what I'd call a high wage earning bracket.

Same here, the 43,000 it equates to here is enough to qualify for social housing or rent assistance, grants for your kids for school/college expenses, etc. And if you're married with kids, it also means you won't be paying higher rate tax at all - only social insurance and lower (20%) rate. Its not seen as high earning.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
More like 3 months; or whenever you happen to forget what lie you said and say something that contradicts it. You have to have an exceptionally good memory to be a convincing liar.

Stop trying to get away from the point here - you can't lie on a CV for a proper job - that is one that pays well, not the average industrial - because you won't get away with it. The jobs you're applying for clearly don't give a f***- they did hire you, after all.

Cian? I always use the same cv(sometimes updated) so i know what i've said and won't contradict myself.Besides it has always worked for me and i've never been sacked at a later date.I must be doing something right mate:cool:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Cian? I always use the same cv(sometimes updated) so i know what i've said and won't contradict myself.Besides it has always worked for me and i've never been sacked at a later date.I must be doing something right mate:cool:

What age are you? If you're over 30 and earning "up to 30k" you're not doing anything right. If you're under 30, your original post about being much older than me was woefully inaccurate.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What age are you? If you're over 30 and earning "up to 30k" you're not doing anything right. If you're under 30, your original post about being much older than me was woefully inaccurate.

Over 30 will no grades,courses bla bla bla.So 30k isn't that bad is it?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How often do you change jobs if you're using the CV that often? A rapid change of employment is not working in your favour.

Can't answer that for reasons that NSC don't need to know about:glare:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Definitely over 30 not sure about the £30K bit though.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Over 30 will no grades,courses bla bla bla.So 30k isn't that bad is it?

No, its still bad, and you're making yourself look like an idiot for boasting about it. The only qualifications I have to my name are an MCSA and a driving licence; theres many people far higher up in my company with "no grades, courses bla bla bla" as you put it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Definitely over 30 not sure about the £30K bit though.

Implying less?

Oh, I'd love it if if he was on less than I was getting when I was 17 :lol: (which is more* than I'm on now, due to trading insanity hours for a 9-5 and 50,000km a year for no work driving...)

I believe Algie is a lorry driver based on other posts on here?

*wrote less here by mistake...

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I wonder if refuse collectors earn "up to £30k"? I think you need an HGV license for one of those contraptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here