Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job Interview

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I would say recruitment consultants are similar to estate agents, but with less morals.....although without them I would not earn what I do today.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our recruitment process would certainly have been easier if we hadn't opted to go through recruitment agents - what a bunch of time-wasters.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Really?

The average wage according to the National Stats people is £447 per week, which works out at £23,244 a year.

average, smaverage. a better measure would be the MEAN wage, which is the average of what most people get.

say 10 people earn £10k, but add a millionaire and the 'average' soon jumps to a quite unrealistic figure.. around £110k if my nmbers work out?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
average, smaverage. a better measure would be the MEAN wage, which is the average of what most people get.

say 10 people earn £10k, but add a millionaire and the 'average' soon jumps to a quite unrealistic figure.. around £110k if my nmbers work out?

You've got that the wrong way round:the figure you quote is the MEAN one. The better guide is the MEDIAN figure, found by arranging the values in order and picking the middle one: in the example you quote the median figure would be £10k

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Recruitment agency, Estate agency, travel agency they are all bad people. The fundamental reason being that they basically block the average person from going straight to the employer, flight company, landlord etc and make all these processes more time consuming and more expensive. They are like vultures and they cost people, people who can often not afford it, money so they can make their commission. Add to this that all of them, ALL OF THEM, are smarmy, money grabbing social retards with no-ones' interests at heart but themselves and they are ALL prepared to lie to make money. FACT.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

The results of the 2006 ASHE show that median weekly pay for full-time employees in the UK grew by 3.7 per cent in April 2006 to reach £447. Median earnings of full-time male employees was £487 per week in April 2006; for women the median was £387.

The top 10 per cent of the earnings distribution earned more than £886 per week, while the bottom 10 per cent earned less than £244. Between April 2005 and 2006 the distribution of gross weekly pay widened, with a 3.7 per cent increase at the bottom decile, and a 4.2 per cent increase at the top decile.

Median gross weekly earnings for full-time employees were highest for the 40-49 year-olds at £508 for this age group. Male employees reached their highest earnings in this age group at £564, whereas women reached their highest earnings in the 30-39 age group at £449. Earnings increased until employees reached these age groups and steadily decreased thereafter.

Median full-time weekly earnings in London were £572, significantly higher than in other regions, where they ranged from £399 in the North East to £470 in the South East.

The occupations with the highest earnings in 2006 were ‘Health professionals', (median pay of full-time employees of £1,038 a week), followed by ‘Corporate managers’ (£688) and ‘Science and technology professionals’ (£662). The lowest paid of all full-time employees were ‘Sales occupations’, at £259 a week.

The monetary difference between the median level of full-time earnings in the public sector (£488 per week in April 2006) and the private sector (£430 per week) has narrowed over the year to April 2006, following annual increases of 2.5 per cent and 4.5 per cent respectively.

Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here