Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Job Interview

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
on the body language front...

When you shake his/her hand, touch their arm as you do it. Not in a gay "i want you" way, just as you shake their hand touch their forearm. I promise you as a first impression it works an absolute treat.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
be confident,
dont bullshit
make sure your CV is accurate and you have evidence to back up your quallies
look the interviewers in the eye

Thats bullshit for a start.Always beef up your cv and lie about grades etc.You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Thats bullshit for a start.Always beef up your cv and lie about grades etc.You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Nothing to lose except that company never hiring you again; or hiring you, firing you when they find out, and you needing to explain why you got fired? Or recruitment agencies blackballing you?

No, there's rather a lot to lose, and its a fuckload easier for prospective employers to find out lies on CVs these days. My employer contacts colleges for verification as a matter of course and reports mismatches back to any headhunter/recruitment agencies.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Nothing to lose except that company never hiring you again; or hiring you, firing you when they find out, and you needing to explain why you got fired? Or recruitment agencies blackballing you?

No, there's rather a lot to lose, and its a fuckload easier for prospective employers to find out lies on CVs these days. My employer contacts colleges for verification as a matter of course and reports mismatches back to any headhunter/recruitment agencies.

Considering i'm alot older then you i think i know what i'm talking about:smokin:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No, considering you're a lot older than me I think you're entirely out of touch with the modern recruitment process.

You have alot to learn Paddy.Recruitment agencies don't give to monkeys about you as long as you line there pockets and don't f*** up there clients.Alot of companies don't even bother with reference checks and if they do you give close friends as previous bosses etc.Not difficult either to do headed paper for a bogus company.You can even tidy up your work history with companies that have gone into liquidation.They might ask for a character reference which is a piece of piss to obtain.If your in strong competiton with other people then beef up your cv.The most that will happen is that they won't employ you.I've never been caught.Just recently Paddy i've turned down jobs offered to me through agencies.It's a very good way of getting your foot through the door.I've done it all my life Cian.It's a dog eat dog world out there.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You have alot to learn Paddy.Recruitment agencies don't give to monkeys about you as long as you line there pockets and don't f*** up there clients.Alot of companies don't even bother with reference checks and if they do you give close friends as previous bosses etc.Not difficult either to do headed paper for a bogus company.You can even tidy up your work history with companies that have gone into liquidation.They might ask for a character reference which is a piece of piss to obtain.If your in strong competiton with other people then beef up your cv.The most that will happen is that they won't employ you.I've never been caught.Just recently Paddy i've turned down jobs offered to me through agencies.It's a very good way of getting your foot through the door.I've done it all my life Cian.It's a dog eat dog world out there.

did you have to do a spelling test?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Recruitment agencies care very much when companies start not paying them the final fees due to firing people before the 3/6/12 month wait period has elapsed. They aren't going to attempt to place anyone who's f***ed them over in this regard, and guess what? People do move around even within the recruitment industry. If you're looking for a job in a niche sector, f*** yourself over once and you've f***ed yourself over, end of.

Headed paper for a bogus company is SERIOUSLY easily found out - check the companies house number which they all have to have - do you think anyone, other than yourself, is that gullible anymore?

For any form of proper job, they check references, they're also going to see your P45 at some stage - which has your previous employers name on it - so any attempt to "tidy" that up isn't going to work.

Also, in any form of growing, even low growth economy, people are going to be turning down jobs - it doesn't make you Billy Big Nuts that you've been offered some, especially considering you turned them down - which implies they were of only equal or worse quality to what you have now.

Nice to see you've had to resort to insults to get your wittering and deluded point across too :rolleyes: You've got a lot to learn about the 21st century, but you exude that in virtually every post.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Recruitment agencies care very much when companies start not paying them the final fees due to firing people before the 3/6/12 month wait period has elapsed. They aren't going to attempt to place anyone who's f***ed them over in this regard, and guess what? People do move around even within the recruitment industry. If you're looking for a job in a niche sector, f*** yourself over once and you've f***ed yourself over, end of.

Headed paper for a bogus company is SERIOUSLY easily found out - check the companies house number which they all have to have - do you think anyone, other than yourself, is that gullible anymore?

For any form of proper job, they check references, they're also going to see your P45 at some stage - which has your previous employers name on it - so any attempt to "tidy" that up isn't going to work.

Also, in any form of growing, even low growth economy, people are going to be turning down jobs - it doesn't make you Billy Big Nuts that you've been offered some, especially considering you turned them down - which implies they were of only equal or worse quality to what you have now.

Nice to see you've had to resort to insults to get your wittering and deluded point across too :rolleyes: You've got a lot to learn about the 21st century, but you exude that in virtually every post.

Listen chap.Your still fresh out of school.I'm light years ahead of you.For someone like me who got expelled from school and criminal convictions,bullshitting your cv's or application forms is the norm.If i told the truth,no fucker would employ me.16 years of bullshitting has done me proud :drink:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Listen chap.Your still fresh out of school.I'm light years ahead of you.For someone like me who got expelled from school and criminal convictions,bullshitting your cv's or application forms is the norm.If i told the truth,no fucker would employ me.16 years of bullshitting has done me proud :drink:

So how come you're boasting to f*** about earning the average industrial wage, then?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
So how come you're boasting to f*** about earning the average industrial wage, then?

Actually, isn't the average HIGHER than what he earns? Or claims to earn 'up to'. The last figure I saw was £32,000 average in the UK.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

HA HA HA

You a bigger fool then i first thought.You believe the government stats when they include people like footballers who earn thousands a week? People wouldn't rent or be in debt if they earn 30k.There wouldn't be poverty in this counrty or a miminum wage bracket.Silly boy.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Actually, isn't the average HIGHER than what he earns? Or claims to earn 'up to'. The last figure I saw was £32,000 average in the UK.

I've no idea, but the average here is about 45,000 euros - which is about 32k, yes. Surely someone apparently so skilled at gaming the recruitment process would be earning much much more? What with the ability to gloss over the facts...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Except for the fact if you have lied on your CV you could be sacked later, but hey a minor issue

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
HA HA HA

You a bigger fool then i first thought.You believe the government stats when they include people like footballers who earn thousands a week? People wouldn't rent or be in debt if they earn 30k.There wouldn't be poverty in this counrty or a miminum wage bracket.Silly boy.

You really haven't got a clue, have you?

The average INDUSTRIAL wage specifically excludes high earners - in fact, it only covers PAYE tax payers, and only those in certain employment. Since when has working Maccie D's been "industry"? Thats what minimum wage is paid to.

Accept it, you've gone and tried to pull a Dwayne with an extremely poor hand, and had it backfire, spectacularly.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You really haven't got a clue, have you?

The average INDUSTRIAL wage specifically excludes high earners - in fact, it only covers PAYE tax payers, and only those in certain employment. Since when has working Maccie D's been "industry"? Thats what minimum wage is paid to.

Accept it, you've gone and tried to pull a Dwayne with an extremely poor hand, and had it backfire, spectacularly.

So if i walked into a job centre now most jobs will be around the 30k mark?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Except for the fact if you have lied on your CV you could be sacked later, but hey a minor issue

Yea like they check your cv 3 years down the line:yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here