Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to go out on loan?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Personally, think this is real good. I hope there's a recall clause, because we may want him back. But nonetheless, L2 is a good move for him to get proper game time and experience. Either team is going to benefit greatly from him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
As I said above the only recall clause in a season long loan is during the January window to protect the 'receiving team' having an important player pulled away from them whilst they have no opportunity for him to be replaced.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd much rather see JFC in our side than Harley or Dicker but ah well, at least he'll be getting game time if he isn't in Gus's plans this season. Surely he will go to Oxford? Better team, better place, closer to home etc.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Our only goal scoring centre midfielder from last season & he's now a year older, why wasn't he played at the death when Navarro (Off) was....shocking call

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Our only goal scoring centre midfielder from last season & he's now a year older, why wasn't he played at the death when Navarro (Off) was....shocking call

He doesn't play the same role as Navarro so really no comparison.

If we are really going to go for it this season a young inexperienced player in midfield is not going to get us into the Premier League. For me this move shows that we have serious intentions. If we are out of the hunt by January then by all means call him back but meanwhile he needs game time and experience to mature.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It must be good feeling at 18 to have two L2 sides fighting over your loan signing, wonder if other clubs may also come in now its out in the public.

Burton has a good set up, ground and training, Oxford are on the up and closer to home. Could be a tough call for him, I am sure Nicky will offer good advise.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

He doesn't play the same role as Navarro so really no comparison.

Correct. Navarro will be replaced by someone else (hopefully) or Dicker. This is a good call, although selfishly I would have liked to have seen his development. He'll come back a better player at the age of 19. Win Win.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Beckham was loaned for a few games to Preston, not for a whole season. There's no comparison, ManU were expecting DB to play at the very top of English football, so a few regular games to sharpen him up was a good idea, but JFC would only be playing midtable championship football in a team that has a style used by very few teams, and he has already shown that he can do a job at this level. As we are currently a bit weak when it comes to attacking midfielders, this seems like a backward step for him, but perhaps we are close to signing a couple of great midfielders so he wont get a look in for a while.

I wasn't comparing the two situations as if they were similar, just merely stating that he was loaned out. It was in response to a previous post that couldn't believe we are loaning him out.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I agree he would benefit from playing first team football for a year but the problem with Oxford or Burton is that its unlikely to advance his tika take education!!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Correct. Navarro will be replaced by someone else (hopefully) or Dicker. This is a good call, although selfishly I would have liked to have seen his development. He'll come back a better player at the age of 19. Win Win.

Agreed but if we have a midfield including Dicker and minus Vicente to look forward to this season then it is not going to be much fun.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Pardon our ignorance, but what the f**k is he going to learn playing for a bunch of league 2 cloggers? I'm sure neither Oxford nor Burton play the same style as us, so he could easily come back a worse rather than better player! It's quite likely he wont get a kick as the ball sails over his head from end to end.
The kid is good enough to play in the championship, he's already shown what he can do and at the moment he could be the best attacking midfielder on our books.
Looks like the Dicker/Harley dream team in central midfield now then.

Problem is he is better player already than these two. Can't see the sense of sending him out on loan, when he has already proved himself in the championship. Still I suppose Gus knows what he is doing and JFC seems to be going along with the clubs thoughts.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rather he played more games here instead of Harley or Dicker, but regular football will be great for him and would improve him even more. Perhaps Gus is letting him go out on loan as he has someone else coming in to play CM.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I really thought this might be his breakthrough season.

DougieOUFC

Jul 5, 2012
Hi,

Oxford United fan here. I woke up to the rumours of JFC coming here this morning and was delighted to hear it was possible. I watched him back in the U17 World Cup and he is certainly a good player. Like you, I'm a little surprised Gus wants him to drop to L2 level but I think we're a good home for him. I've been waiting for the activation to happen all day so that I could clear up the clogger/route one myth. These teams do exist in L2, but we're not one of them. We play the odd direct pass into the channel, but we like to pass the ball more than most teams at this level.

You will know that Jake Wright is a footballing centre back (although you played him out of position?) and you will know that Andy Whing can pass when he isn't breaking people. In the midfield, JFC would have Whing holding and he would be alongside either Peter Leven, a nice footballer when on form, or Adam Chapman. Chappy is still a young player but likes to get the ball down and pass it.

Chris Wilder plays a 4-3-3, but always stresses that he wants to pass through teams. It isn't always as simple as that, but I like to think that our intentions are good. This is certainly the most attractive football I have seen in my time supporting the club (although I'm 21). This goal was scored in pre-season last year. I know that it's not the same as a league fixture and that there is more time to play the ball around, but this is the level of football that CW wants us to play regularly.

I can't post links because I'm new, but add this to a standard link to gain access to our finest moment.

[yt]1gh5CnrHSjY[/yt]

We had Rob Hall from West Ham for a bit of the season last year, until recalled. He is another England youth international and he had a great time here, developed a lot and got regular game time. He's far smaller than JFC and fitted into L2 football well with us. I'd hope that CW can sell his vision to both GP and JFC because it would be a good move for all parties.

Also, Burton are unlikely to be challenging the play-off places so I'd like to think that we're a better option both in footballing and geographic terms.

Fingers crossed that we can get him here and help him along.

Last edited by a moderator:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
gus has also told the players who will not be involved next season so who's to say that harley isn't one of them meaning we will need more cover

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here