Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to go out on loan?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hi,

Oxford United fan here. I woke up to the rumours of JFC coming here this morning and was delighted to hear it was possible. I watched him back in the U17 World Cup and he is certainly a good player. Like you, I'm a little surprised Gus wants him to drop to L2 level but I think we're a good home for him. I've been waiting for the activation to happen all day so that I could clear up the clogger/route one myth. These teams do exist in L2, but we're not one of them. We play the odd direct pass into the channel, but we like to pass the ball more than most teams at this level.

You will know that Jake Wright is a footballing centre back (although you played him out of position?) and you will know that Andy Whing can pass when he isn't breaking people. In the midfield, JFC would have Whing holding and he would be alongside either Peter Leven, a nice footballer when on form, or Adam Chapman. Chappy is still a young player but likes to get the ball down and pass it.

Chris Wilder plays a 4-3-3, but always stresses that he wants to pass through teams. It isn't always as simple as that, but I like to think that our intentions are good. This is certainly the most attractive football I have seen in my time supporting the club (although I'm 21). This goal was scored in pre-season last year. I know that it's not the same as a league fixture and that there is more time to play the ball around, but this is the level of football that CW wants us to play regularly.

I can't post links because I'm new, but add this to a standard link to gain access to our finest moment.

[yt]1gh5CnrHSjY[/yt]

We had Rob Hall from West Ham for a bit of the season last year, until recalled. He is another England youth international and he had a great time here, developed a lot and got regular game time. He's far smaller than JFC and fitted into L2 football well with us. I'd hope that CW can sell his vision to both GP and JFC because it would be a good move for all parties.

Also, Burton are unlikely to be challenging the play-off places so I'd like to think that we're a better option both in footballing and geographic terms.

Fingers crossed that we can get him here and help him along.
Nice first post and welcome:D
Most hoped he would stay and be a sub for next season,but i guess he needs to man up a bit and move on for the time being.Might pop up the road and watch him as im sure you must be odds on to ge him.

Good luck next season

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Would certainly be a good move for JFC. Could see him trapped in the development squad for too long, playing not all that competitively every now and again, so a trip to somewhere rough and ready, like the lower leagues, should really man him up, studding up and dealing with the odd brute week in week out. As skilled as he is, there's no use being easily knocked off the ball. Our German medical man partly caused the release of Navarro due to his lack of upper body strength, so physical strength is seen as a key ingredient of success in the top two leagues and it's best to beef up whilst developing.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He's going to Oxford - likely to be announced tomorrow

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Oxlade Chamberlain is old enough to play for England at 18 years old,but in our dictators opinion Jake is too young at 18 to play for the Albion.Gus needs to start learning from his mistakes,Premier League manager ? he`s avin a larf

Beckham went out on loan to Preston at a similar stage in his footballing career and look what happened to him !

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus reporting this morning that JFC negotiated a loan move as part of his contract agreement. Loan may be initially for 6 months. Oxford look favourites but more than two clubs are interested in the loan deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Argus reporting this morning that JFC negotiated a loan move as part of his contract agreement. Loan may be initially for 6 months. Oxford look favourites but more than two clubs are interested in the loan deal.

I did hear that JFC wanted a loan last season, but it fell through. Pleased the lad wants some game time, because despite him being decent, I think the Championship might be a bit physical for him, and L2 would be a good place for him to get used to it. Hope it goes well for him

May 22, 2008
Oldham have come in late for JFK but
They are going to struggle this season,
So its 100% Oxford.

May 22, 2008
Burton and Swindon wanted to loan him last season
But just as loan was agreed we had injury problems and
Gus pulled the deal.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Gus must surely now have 2 ( or 3 if no Vicente ) midfielders coming in, if JFC is heading away for a while.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good for Caskey, good for Oxford and ultimately good for Brighton.

It's all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here