Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC to go out on loan?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally I think what he showed against Soton is proof he is capable at this level and with seven subs he should be involved with the squad. Whilst not yet upto the quality of Vicente, he is probably the closest thing we have on our books in terms of keeping the ball at his feet and making a positive pass and I would rather see him in the team ahead of the likes of Dicker and Harley. We're not exactly blessed with great midfielders at the moment. I would also like JFC to go through pre season as it could be a situation where he has a great pre season and forces his way into the team. If he is pre season training with Oxford that ain't going to happen.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Surprised we are sending him out for a season long loan, I would have thought we'd have sent him away until January and then re-assessed him to see if he was ready. Happy to trust in Gus though. He's going to be a top player for us.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chris Wilder plays good football at Oxford - I hope he goes there. He would have Peter Leven as his midfield minder too which is going to be good for him.

A season long loan offers the option of calling him back in January. I think it is by far the best option to get regular league football under his belt and come back to us as a much more complete player

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My initial thought was why not L1, but this might be right:
The move to L2 means that JFC will almost certainly start for either Burton or Oxford (who should both be at the top end of the table), whereas at a decent L1 side he may still have not got the amount of football that both he and we would like.
Like Man City loaned Assulin to us, but he wasn't always playing, it could be the same if Jake went to a decent L1 team. Maybe Gus is more interested in him getting solid game time, and will worry about the skills while Jake is here.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surprised we are sending him out for a season long loan, I would have thought we'd have sent him away until January and then re-assessed him to see if he was ready. Happy to trust in Gus though. He's going to be a top player for us.

Assume we'll be able to recall at any time, although it's still a statement of intent that we're aiming for him to be "ready" for 2013/14

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Assume we'll be able to recall at any time, although it's still a statement of intent that we're aiming for him to be "ready" for 2013/14

Full season loans can include a recall clause but that can only be activated during the January transfer window.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great move for the club and player, he hopefully gets the experience of a season campaign, we still have first dibs on him and could probably recall him as well. He needs regular football as part of his growth as a footballer and his opportunities until he gets this will be limited with us. Good Luck Jake look forward to you playing with us in the prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here