Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shropshire Seagull said:
You lot are unbelievable !!

At the start of the season Jarret was in the first team and first choice winger - he was motivated and tried to do well although my dead grannie was a better defender than our Alby.

Then along comes Carole and Frutos - two rivels for Alby's place, he loses his place (got injured I think) and now he sees there are at least two better players in front of him for selection. Now players like OGH won't take this lying down and will work their bollox off to get a place in the team (even if its out of their preferred position) - looks like Alby couldn't be bothered to work to earn his place back.

Don't blame MM just coz some players lack self-motivation - individuals MUST be responsible for their own EFFORT - looks like Alby got too close to Leon and picked up some of his lazy tactics - shame but this could be a wake up call for Alby.

Spot on that.

I reckon that if all the members of the squad had shown the same amount of effort and determination that OGH has this season we'd be mid-table by now.

Alby has to start picking up some better ways.

Stumpy Tim

Also, in that article there are only TWO quotes from MM. The interview could well have gone something along the lines of:

Naylor - "So what's the thinking of Albert going out on loan"

MM - "He's not getting first team football at the moment, and isn't putting enough pressure on Frutos. HE'S JUST NOT WORKED HARD ENOUGH OR APPLIED HIMSELF AS WELL AS HE SHOULD"

Naylor - "So are his days at the Albion over?"

MM - "Certainly not. If he works hard & does well at Swindon then he's got every chance of playing a part this season. HE'S JUST WANTED IT TOO EASILY. HE'S EXPECTED JUST TO BE GIVEN A CHANCE BECAUSE HE'S A LEFT WINGER AND OFFERS SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT HE'S NOT EARNED HIS CHANCE"

Of course, Naylor has picked & chosen quotes to suit the story. That's his job. Some people are too quick to judge a journalist's work

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Shropshire Seagull said:
You lot are unbelievable !!

At the start of the season Jarret was in the first team and first choice winger - he was motivated and tried to do well although my dead grannie was a better defender than our Alby.

Then along comes Carole and Frutos - two rivels for Alby's place, he loses his place (got injured I think) and now he sees there are at least two better players in front of him for selection. Now players like OGH won't take this lying down and will work their bollox off to get a place in the team (even if its out of their preferred position) - looks like Alby couldn't be bothered to work to earn his place back.

Don't blame MM just coz some players lack self-motivation - individuals MUST be responsible for their own EFFORT - looks like Alby got too close to Leon and picked up some of his lazy tactics - shame but this could be a wake up call for Alby.

I know this would be Leons fault somehow... what about the team having a go at ewach other on sat was that Leons fault as well?

What about the fact that Mchane and Kuipers had to be pulled apart in the changing room? Leons fault as well?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Zed Seagull said:
Black Country Seagull said:
fake slim said:
or perhaps they wont play at withdean

You fans who keep using withdean as an excuse please inform me how Coppell and Taylor Managed to get good players on loan?( QUOTE)

Maybe the fact is we're trying to get Championship quality players and not players going for a promotion push. Harder to attract players to a struggling side.

Seem to forget Coppell didn't keep us up or Taylor didn't want to manage us in this division?

Agree re Taylor, but Coppell worked a very near miracle given the start Tinselhead had given him... he did bring quality players in...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
KinkyNormanBaker said:

What about the fact that Mchane and Kuipers had to be pulled apart in the changing room?

When did this happen?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
and played way more games

This really makes me laugh...

I recall in the Leon versus CKR argument that you kept banging on about Leon being top scorer, and refusing to take any account of how many games fewer CKR had played... :lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jarrett's aptitude, attitude and ability are all up for debate on here. He did pretty well in some games, not so well in others, and then got injured, which was a pity. We all knew he had a disciplinary problem on and off the pitch when he joined, and at times we could see that re-surfacing.

However, what is not in doubt is his attitude to his place in the team, and his contribution to team spirit. He was - is - a nasty, spiteful piece of work who could quite comfortably give Leon Knight lessons on how to behave like an arsehole. He believes his place in the team is a right, and he is far from supportive of anyone ahead of him in the queue. One day, he'll learn.

And, no, I will not reveal my source.

McGhee's Argus comments are basically irrelevant. Swindon wanted Jarrett - felt he could do a job, and McGhee would have given them a reference. Swindon would be pissed off with McGhee and the Albion if they didn't mention Jarrett's attitude problem (which they would have almost certainly known about already). He didn't say anything to Naylor that he wouldn't have said to Swindon Town.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jarrett is shit, we're well rid.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I know this would be Leons fault somehow... what about the team having a go at ewach other on sat was that Leons fault as well?

What about the fact that Mchane and Kuipers had to be pulled apart in the changing room? Leons fault as well?

:clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyNormanBaker said:

Do you believe that they were 'having a go' because they were fundamentally lazy and didn't care about anyone else, or because they cared about what was happening out on the pitch?

Now which of those attributes would you associate with Leon?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No i believe they were having ago because there is a lack of team sprit, how many times before this year did you hear of anything like this?>

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:

McGhee's Argus comments are basically irrelevant.

Oh for f*** SAKE. No they aern't. What are players that we should be trying to sign gonna think when they see how much support McGhee has for people like Jarrett. 'Oooh he seems like someone I want to work for'. Fair enoguh tell SWINNERS but don't make Jarrett feel like he has no future at the club if he does come back or we'll end up with a load of players (who he signed) stuck at theclub getting paid but wanting to perform to the standard we need.

See McCammon FFS. He's been pretty much told he HAS to leave but what if he doesn't . Reserve team footie for another of McGhee's signings.

CHRIST.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Oh for f*** SAKE. No they aern't. What are players that we should be trying to sign gonna think when they see how much support McGhee has for people like Jarrett.
But the club doesn't want people like Jarrett.

No-one stuck a gun to Jarrett's head and told him to behave like a totally disruptive tosser just because he couldn't get back in the team. Jarrett would have been told countless times by McGhee what is expected of him, but the lazy little sod doesn't want to know.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Large One said:
I can PROMISE you there is no lack of team spirit.
How are you in a position to make such a statement? Do you spend every minute at the training ground? Sit in the changing room on match days? Join the players in the showers after the match? Or just believe everything you are told by 'someone in the know' at the club.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
KinkyNormanBaker said:
No i believe they were having ago because there is a lack of team sprit, how many times before this year did you hear of anything like this?>

About two or three times a season .. and I won't reveal my source as a kicking is not what I want. There are some very strong personalities in the dressing room who 'like' to discuss aspects of the game. FDM has done it in the past and he will no doubt do it again.

As for lack of team spirit, well I'm afraid kinky that it can be laid at Leons door if half of what I heard is true. The most frequent expression I've heard is 'little shit', aparently DC can't wait to say hello when Forest play swansea (if DC's fit)

... Getting back to Jarret, he does make excellent runs but has no final ball, he goes AWOL for most of the game, He can't defend and finally ..... Swindon are at the bottom of Div1 and as there doesn't appear to be a maddash rush for his services it might be an indication of how good he really is.

Even if Mcghee gets a striker in, one with a record in the CCC, it won't be good enough for some on this board.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Trigger said:
How are you in a position to make such a statement? Do you spend every minute at the training ground? Sit in the changing room on match days? Join the players in the showers after the match? Or just believe everything you are told by 'someone in the know' at the club.
OK, 'PROMISE' was maybe a bit strong, but I have been ASSURED (is that a better word?) by more than one person at the club on how good the team spirit is.

Seeing as the is no evidence to suppose there isn't a great team spirit - and you have none either (and don't quote the 'flare-ups in the changing rooms') - then I am happy to believe that what I am told by people at the club is true.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
But the club doesn't want people like Jarrett.

No-one stuck a gun to Jarrett's head and told him to behave like a totally disruptive tosser just because he couldn't get back in the team. Jarrett would have been told countless times by McGhee what is expected of him, but the lazy little sod doesn't want to know.

Out of interest, how do you know that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here