Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you're reading too much into this TLO.

I can't see what being a lazy disruptive tosser has to do with being in a successful football team. You are missing the whole point that he was TALENTED.

I used to think building a team was complicated but Uncle Buck and Kinky put me right :rolleyes:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Out of interest, how do you know that?
As I said earlier, I won't reveal my source.

I appreciate it means that it gives less weight to that above claim, but if I said who that person was, they wouldn't talk to me any more. Obviously you are free to believe or disbelieve this, but I stand by what I was told.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
WATFORD zero said:
I think you're reading too much into this TLO.

I can't see what being a lazy disruptive tosser has to do with being in a successful football team. You are missing the whole point that he was TALENTED.

I used to think building a team was complicated but Uncle Buck and Kinky put me right :rolleyes:

I see ..... so we should get paul kitson back then , he's talented :p

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
As I said earlier, I won't reveal my source.

I appreciate it means that it gives less weight to that above claim, but if I said who that person was, they wouldn't talk to me any more. Obviously you are free to believe or disbelieve this, but I stand by what I was told.

So it's LIES then?

:jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems that McGhee is doing all he can to free up some wages to pay for a striker who will actually add value to the squad. Maybe Jarrett is a whinger, McGhee has had enough and feels the wages could be put to better use? Or maybe Jarrett has been harshly treated? None of us really know.

But the bottom line for me is that I really couldn't give a toss how McGhee treats Jarrett. He was lucky to get another contract anyway, and hasn't really done much, and anyway McGhee stands and falls by his results. So far, he's got us promoted, kept us up and we're now out of the relegation places, so I think he deserves our trust.

What is more, Insider has said he is looking to free up wages to bring someone in. If that means getting rid of Albert Jarrett by pushing him out the door via a public moan in the local press, then I really couldn't give a toss - Jarrett hasn't produced the goods. End of.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Simster said:
It seems that McGhee is doing all he can to free up some wages to pay for a striker who will actually add value to the squad. Maybe Jarrett is a whinger, McGhee has had enough and feels the wages could be put to better use? Or maybe Jarrett has been harshly treated? None of us really know.

But the bottom line for me is that I really couldn't give a toss how McGhee treats Jarrett. He was lucky to get another contract anyway, and hasn't really done much, and anyway McGhee stands and falls by his results. So far, he's got us promoted, kept us up and we're now out of the relegation places, so I think he deserves our trust.

What is more, Insider has said he is looking to free up wages to bring someone in. If that means getting rid of Albert Jarrett by pushing him out the door via a public moan in the local press, then I really couldn't give a toss - Jarrett hasn't produced the goods. End of.

Mcghee has go to go though.:lolol:
Good post and it's exactly how i feel.We need to back the manager even if we sometimes don't like what he does.I really hope he can bring someone in very soon up front.The Argus makes it sound like we have giving up and that Gatting is going to be used.I hope not as he doesn't have the experience just yet.It's to much to ask of him

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Simster said:
The worry is that we have offloaded several players now in this window and have so far failed to bolster the first team outfield squad (Hendo, keeper) (Loft, reserves), what happens in the scenario that Magoo fails to bring anyone else in, which is looking VERY likely and we suddenly have an injury crisis?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trigger said:
The worry is that we have offloaded several players now in this window and have so far failed to bolster the first team outfield squad (Hendo, keeper) (Loft, reserves), what happens in the scenario that Magoo fails to bring anyone else in, which is looking VERY likely and we suddenly have an injury crisis?
I think the issue is that you have clearly lost confidence in the manager, whereas I haven't. To be fair Trig, I'm not sure what he can do to regain your trust. The reason I say this is because I'll be amazed if he DOESN'T bring someone in who will add value to the squad whereas I think you're resigned to that being the case. We shall see - he's got a couple of days, and he's offloaded Knight, McCammon and Jarrett. The jigsaw seems to be almost in place...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Simster said:
I think the issue is that you have clearly lost confidence in the manager, whereas I haven't. To be fair Trig, I'm not sure what he can do to regain your trust. The reason I say this is because I'll be amazed if he DOESN'T bring someone in who will add value to the squad whereas I think you're resigned to that being the case. We shall see - he's got a couple of days, and he's offloaded Knight, McCammon and Jarrett. The jigsaw seems to be almost in place...
...And if the final piece doesn't arrive, what then?...

It's all very worrying but you are right, i do have no confidence in Magoo, i certainly hope he proves me wrong for the sake of the club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trigger said:
...And if the final piece doesn't arrive, what then?...
...Like you, I think we'd be in trouble. But we're not right now, and I'm convinced McGhee would NOT have let three forwards go unless he had 3 or 4 players* in mind.

Incidentally, does the transfer window apply to permanents moves AND loans?

* of which I reckon he'll sign one or two.

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Simster said:
...Like you, I think we'd be in trouble. But we're not right now, and I'm convinced McGhee would NOT have let three forwards go unles he had 3 or 4 players in mind.

yes

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Simster said:
That i am unsure of, i would guess that short term loans after the window closes would be ok?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Deportivo Seagull said:
About two or three times a season .. and I won't reveal my source as a kicking is not what I want. There are some very strong personalities in the dressing room who 'like' to discuss aspects of the game. FDM has done it in the past and he will no doubt do it again.

As for lack of team spirit, well I'm afraid kinky that it can be laid at Leons door if half of what I heard is true. The most frequent expression I've heard is 'little shit', aparently DC can't wait to say hello when Forest play swansea (if DC's fit)

... Getting back to Jarret, he does make excellent runs but has no final ball, he goes AWOL for most of the game, He can't defend and finally ..... Swindon are at the bottom of Div1 and as there doesn't appear to be a maddash rush for his services it might be an indication of how good he really is.

Even if Mcghee gets a striker in, one with a record in the CCC, it won't be good enough for some on this board.

Leon has been gone for almost a MONTH now, failing to see how it is his fault? did he text Kuipers saying Mcshane had been dising his mother?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:
See people are going on about albys final ball but is Caroles that much better?

Carole is playing on the right wing, frutos is playing on the left. Anyway both Carole and Frutos are a mile better in times of everything bar pace.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
DAMANCLAY said:
Carole is playing on the right wing, frutos is playing on the left. Anyway both Carole and Frutos are a mile better in times of everything bar pace.
Jarrett is more skillful than Frutos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here