Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jarrett

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
fake slim said:
or perhaps they wont play at withdean

You fans who keep using withdean as an excuse please inform me how Coppell and Taylor Managed to get good players on loan?

I appreciate withdean does not help, but players who want second chances or first team experience are not to bothered where they play as long as they get a look in.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
McGhee is the problem i reckon

Zed Seagull

Black Country Seagull said:
fake slim said:
or perhaps they wont play at withdean

You fans who keep using withdean as an excuse please inform me how Coppell and Taylor Managed to get good players on loan?( QUOTE)

Maybe the fact is we're trying to get Championship quality players and not players going for a promotion push. Harder to attract players to a struggling side.

Seem to forget Coppell didn't keep us up or Taylor didn't want to manage us in this division?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I sometimes marvel at the thought processes of some on here, you'd have thought that this is the only statement McGhee has ever made about Jarrett. Can I just repeat, we don;t know what goes on behind the scenes, what is said in everyday situations, who gets on with who and vive versa. All we get is the odd statement McGhee gives to an Argus reporter. We don't know whether he's tried the nicey nicey approach, whether he's tried other approaches, but one statement means everything to some of you on here.

The only one who appears to be talking sense on this page is Fake Slim.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Oh and as a teacher that statememnt is quite similar to things I write in kids' reports to give them a good kick up the backside because everything else hasn't worked.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Theatre of Trees said:
Oh and as a teacher that statememnt is quite similar to things I write in kids' reports to give them a good kick up the backside because everything else hasn't worked.

Which is what I said on the second page of this thread.

Do people think that players can turn up to training, do the minimum and wait to be selected?
If you were managing a team and had players who didn't put the effort in, would you pick them?
Would you put your arm round them and say, Come on son do your best?
When that still didn't work 18 months later would you still be kind?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jarrett

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Well, they may not have thought he was a great player but saying he's lazy? Not the best reference is it.

Didn't stop Swansea buying Twatty and MM said much worse about him.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Theatre of Trees said:
I sometimes marvel at the thought processes of some on here, you'd have thought that this is the only statement McGhee has ever made about Jarrett. Can I just repeat, we don;t know what goes on behind the scenes, what is said in everyday situations, who gets on with who and vive versa. All we get is the odd statement McGhee gives to an Argus reporter. We don't know whether he's tried the nicey nicey approach, whether he's tried other approaches, but one statement means everything to some of you on here.

The only one who appears to be talking sense on this page is Fake Slim.
:kiss:

Uncle Buck said:
So he has Knight off the books, trying to get Jarratt for the books, trying to offload McCammon, has been talk that Kuipers could go, hmmmmmmmm

Incredible isn't it? Anyone would think he a manager of a football club whose job it is to acquire and offload players :lolol:

The opportunistic digs at McGhee get every more desperate from the same old gang of tired bores :wave:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
London Irish said:
Incredible isn't it? Anyone would think he a manager of a football club whose job it is to acquire and offload players :lolol:

The opportunistic digs at McGhee get every more desperate from the same old gang of tired bores :wave:

Agreed!

Jarret is great going forward but an absolute liability in any other situation, can also remain anonomous for major parts of games!! Needs to work harder and get involved with the doggy side of the game.

Re: Re: Jarrett

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Nice one Mark, let's just hope Swindon don't read that. You big Scots twat.

Workrate and attitude have been problems that have dogged Alby's career - that's why he started out at tier two with Wimbledon and ended up at Lewes.

McGhee gave him another chance because all we can do in the transfer market given our strapped circumstances is try and rectify "other people's mistakes". Alas, Alby didn't want to be helped because clearly he has taken the piss in training along with his big mate Leon. The rumours have been around for a long time and this move should now come as no surprise.

Ah yes, the people on here having a go at McGhee for his honest statement about Alby, levelling with us fans.

If McGhee has offloaded Alby and had said nothing - who do you think would be criticising him on here for not levelling with the fans?

You got it - the same goons who are criticising him now for giving the explanation - utter opportunism.

A footballers' attitude and workrate are part of their make-up as a professional and are entitled to be criticised by any employer. The idea that we could keep stuff like that secret from Swindon is naive bollocks - it's been well-known about him from his Dons days.

It's a shame that Alby has gone because he had talent and had made improvements since he came here, I felt he was a better player than last season certainly.

But we can't have afford to carry disruptive passengers in the squad who are setting a bad example to the good young players we have coming through, they will hopefully now learn from the Frenchies, family men and model professionals.

We are overloaded with flank players and have another good prospect in Cox coming through, bye bye Alby, at least you'll now be nearer to Leon for your piss-ups together :clap:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We are overloaded with flank players and have another good prospect in Cox coming through, bye bye Alby, at least you'll now be nearer to

I wish we were.Cox has still alot to prove and Hart hasn't exactly got flair has he?I don't think we are overloaded L1.Far from it.Now no back up left footer.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
In the best part of two seasons, Albert hasn't progressed. He is still frustrating going forward and clueless when it comes to reading the game, especially defensively.

Most wingers are seen as an enigma - Brooker was only appreciated once he had gone - but in Alberts case I can't see why people are questioning the decision to send him out on loan. If it gives him a kcik up the arse and he shapes up fine then he might get another chance. If MM is keen to get shot of him, it is up to him to prove to Swindon that he is worth signing.

Whatever your views on MM, this decision makes sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here