Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfer Window **Official Thread**

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Beckford has put in his transfer request. Apparently before the Man Utd game.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I rekon Poyet and Bloom are finding out that it's not that easy to get the decent players to come to us, we're further down the pecking order than usual in this division. If Norwich, Leeds or Huddersfield are after the same player as us then unless we pay over the odds in wages they're not gonna choose us. Slade had the same problem in the summer.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
i heard we got gifton noel-williams on trial.

Last edited:

I rekon Poyet and Bloom are finding out that it's not that easy to get the decent players to come to us, we're further down the pecking order than usual in this division. If Norwich, Leeds or Huddersfield are after the same player as us then unless we pay over the odds in wages they're not gonna choose us. Slade had the same problem in the summer.

This is not news, and if Slade had problems then at least Bloom wouldn't need to "find out" about this.
However - football clubs are not just about fancy changing rooms, and the future is attractive on the venue front. So is the management, for any serious ambitious player worth looking at.
Brighton is also a comparatively attractive town to be in or near - so I really don't see us having as much trouble as ...well, almost all of the rest of our division at least!

Can you really see professionals saying "no I'd rather play at Hartlepool or Orient, their ground has stands with roofs, and although their manager hasn't got such a profile as Gus Poyet and the town is dull - the changing room is at the end of a nicer corridor"?

:nono:

Last edited:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My mate who is a Rochdale.. sympathiser, says that he (Le Fondre) is the best league two striker going and could make it in league one, and if he gets experience here, and it works out, then he is a decent championship striker. I want Le Fondre...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can you really see professionals saying "no I'd rather play at Hartlepool or Orient, their ground has stands with roofs, and although their manager hasn't got such a profile as Gus Poyet and the town is dull - the changing room is at the end of a nicer corridor"?

:nono:

No I can't, that's why I said Leeds (big club with top flight history) Norwich (big club with top fight history) and Huddersfield (throwing lots of money at players). Slade said that those clubs were in for the same players we were, can you guess who they chose?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i heard we got gifton noel-williams on trial.

oh god!! On way back from Wycombe stuck in the traffic from the ground, we were wikipedia'ing old players, he hasnt played for ages I don't think, last club was in Spain too ?

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
My mate who is a Rochdale.. sympathiser, says that he (Le Fondre) is the best league two striker going and could make it in league one, and if he gets experience here, and it works out, then he is a decent championship striker. I want Le Fondre...

Your mate should have told you that NO ONE can sign le fondre this window becuase he has already played for two clubs this season, and under fifa rules cannot sign for another club until july 1st even on loan, so move on to next rumour as this has no legs.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Your mate should have told you that NO ONE can sign le fondre this window becuase he has already played for two clubs this season, and under fifa rules cannot sign for another club until july 1st even on loan, so move on to next rumour as this has no legs.

thought that was for more than 2 clubs in the same division?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
just seen in o hara/boateng article that its any 2 clubs like you said, we can buy him now and loan him back, ready to take over forster next year ;)

No I can't, that's why I said Leeds (big club with top flight history) Norwich (big club with top fight history) and Huddersfield (throwing lots of money at players). Slade said that those clubs were in for the same players we were, can you guess who they chose?

Slade?
Okay, well whoever Slade was in for will have changed with Gus Poyet - I think we can agree on that. Poyet is neither going to be dictated to about who we buy, nor is Bloom going to force that on him.
New manager, new regime, new ways of doing things (thankfully) and new aspirations for this club.

All this division will be competing for the better available players, and all will be having to accept that players will want to go to the most attractive club propositions from all the league. Actually that has always been the case - and as I say, Poyet, new Stadium and obvious ambitions to be somewhere other than the lowest leagues, will be our a part of what we offer here.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
le fondre will take a breaking of the bank to sign - peterborough enquired about signing him for £800,000, and rotherham turned them down flat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here