Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January Transfer Window **Official Thread**

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Get Lee Barnard in, Southend are struggling for money. Barnard is out of contract at the end of the season, so offer MONEY for him NOW

Strikers win you games, lets get loads of them in. Forster isnt getting younger, Murray is the will he/wont he stay bloke, Dickinson doesnt score enough. Do it. At least Barnard is a sellable asset

Local paper reporting that Southampton are preparing a bid for him, as a partner for Ricky Lambert.

Also expecting to make offers for Lines [?] from Bristol Rovers, and Pericard from Carlisle.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Local paper reporting that Southampton are preparing a bid for him, as a partner for Ricky Lambert.

Also expecting to make offers for Lines [?] from Bristol Rovers, and Pericard from Carlisle.

But what the hell are we doing? Come on Poyet, pull your finger out.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Jeez there is no pleasing some, GP & TB are just playing the game very well & not being drawn into paying over the odds for players by announcing their targets & having the selling club inflate the price cos they think TB has to keep GP sweet & sanction the fee regardless. There will be new faces although maybe not as many as we first thought as GP has now started to get more out of the underachieving side he inherited . I would expect that any new faces that do appear would have to be part of a longer term strategy so just bringing in people as stop gaps isn't what they want & the players they really want will be integral to their current clubs so it's a matter of negotiation to get the best possible deal. We will get the right players though & it will be worth the wait.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Millwall centre half Zak Whitbread signing for Norwich - bet he was one we were after - says other clubs were in for him on SSN

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Le-Fondre, Jarvis, Monkhouse, Townsend and a championship defender are targets, well that's what I have been told by the same guy who told me about the cash going missing.

Be interesting to see who the Championship defender is...

Would be good to see some targets confirm

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A very reliable source tells me we've made a bid for Scottish Under 18 International CB Phil McHunt from Berwick Rangers, worth around 500k

I hadn't realised until your post that if the same joke that wasn't funny to start with is repeated several times, it actually becomes funny :jester::dunce:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Le-Fondre, Jarvis, Monkhouse, Townsend and a championship defender are targets, well that's what I have been told by the same guy who told me about the cash going missing.

Le Fondre is my favourite non Albion player, always wanted us to sign him! Monkhouse seems decent from what people say about him, and Townsend had Hoyte in a mess on Boxing day, but then again that doesnt take much. Who is Jarvis? Only one i can think of is Ryan Jarvis at Orient, who is full on shithouse:lol:

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

If we signed Le Fondre i think i might have to streak during his debut just to hug him!! :lolol: In my opinion, the best striker in League 2 for the last couple of seasons, more than deserves at crack at League One football.

Is Townsend the Orient winger, similar to Bennett ithought? If so he looks a good player, quick, skillful and has the ability to beat a defender. Would make a decent signing, as would Monkhouse who has impressed me in the couple of times i have seen him.

No idea who Jarvis is though! :facepalm:
I think our main priority is a big, experienced, no nonsence center half, not afraid of responsiblity. Also a winger, preferably one who can beat the first man with a corner :thumbsup:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If we signed Le Fondre i think i might have to streak during his debut just to hug him!! :lolol: In my opinion, the best striker in League 2 for the last couple of seasons, more than deserves at crack at League One football.

Is Townsend the Orient winger, similar to Bennett ithought? If so he looks a good player, quick, skillful and has the ability to beat a defender. Would make a decent signing, as would Monkhouse who has impressed me in the couple of times i have seen him.

No idea who Jarvis is though! :facepalm:
I think our main priority is a big, experienced, no nonsence center half, not afraid of responsiblity. Also a winger, preferably one who can beat the first man with a corner :thumbsup:

Townsend was at Orient on loan from Spurs, believe his loan just ended mate. He is pacey and i believe has a decent set piece delivery on him, played on the left on boxing day, so would give us 2 pacey wingers which is what we need. Agree about our man love towards Le Fondre!:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here