Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I still don't know (or care) what woke is.

Make up your own mind - don't follow the herd blindly as they might be about to disappear off a cliff.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. Of course they do, but you still can't tell me why any racist would vote otherwise, and if there was at least one - why?
I don't know. I don't know why they're racists. Neither do you, so stop asking silly questions. They just are - some my have reasons, real or imaginary. No. you haven't a clue either.
2. If you have no idea whether Farage derides it or nor, I fear for your sanity.
More worried for yours, and your desperate need to get an answer that fits your agenda.
3. You still haven't managed to give your interpretation of 'woke'.
I did, very succinctly and clearly. See post #118. Is reading or comprehension your primary inability? Or once more, doesn't it fit your agenda?

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Make up your own mind - don't follow the herd blindly as they might be about to disappear off a cliff.
Quite. I read a quote from Cathy Burke not long ago. ( I sincerely hope it's true)

' Clean your teeth, so your breath don't stink, and try not to be a ****'

Up there with anything a politician has said in the last . . .oooh . . . 100 years.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I don't know. I don't know why they're racists. Neither do you, so stop asking silly questions. They just are - some my have reasons, real or imaginary. No. you haven't a clue either.

More worried for yours, and your desperarte need to get an answer that fits your agenda.

I did. See post ~118. Is reading or comprehension your primary inability? Or once more, doesn't it fit your agenda?
Great, so absolutely no answer so any of them (despite post 118)
Congrats. :)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great, so absolutely no answer so any of them (despite post 118)
Congrats. :)
Woke on then. Far out! Stay safe in the 'knowedge' that anything you don't/won't understand but think you might disagree with is wrong. If you don't understand post #118 (even if you don't agree with it) you really are in a sorry state. Best wishes.

You might need 'em.......... Over and out..........

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What are you on about? That’s a standard report from 2021 about changes in age controls (which libertarians are against) as a result of increased contacts with minors in the pandemic.

Where does it say, let alone prove, that TikTok users are turning kids trans as part of the “next wave of brainwashing like religion” which is what you claimed the other week?

There are also two types of grooming - actual grooming by nonces as understood by the police and most normal people and misuse of the word by the far right and QAnon to mean any message they disagree with.

Killed any cats recently?

And there you go again.

Talking like you know what's going on.

That you don't know that there are groomers in the trans space shows you're not that enlightened.

You conveniently ignore Blaire White is calling these creeps out.

You conveniently ignore an absolute creep with a large following like Jeffrey Marsh that has openly targets kids.

You do this of course because you have never heard of them despite you apparently being the know all.

The only thing that's been killed is brain cells reading your clueless garbage on this subject.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Personally I'd be interested to know what a complete idiot like @Wokeworrier ( That's the poster formerly know as @JC Footy Genius) would think about this thread and it's content matter?

Firstly, well done for having the courage to seek alternative opinions. Far too many of the wokerati community hide behind ignore lists or spend most of their time trying to get people with different opinions banned.

Secondly, I wouldn't believe anything a moderator says re second accounts on this forum as they usually have an agenda or have no understanding of ip address identification protocols.

Finally to address your substantive question ...

WOKE

When this term became popularized, initially the meaning of this term was when an individual become more aware of the social injustice. Or basically, any current affairs related like biased, discrimination, or double-standards.

However, as time passed by, people started using this term recklessly, assigning this term to themselves or someone they know to boost their confidence and reassure them that they have the moral high ground and are fighting for a better world. And sometimes even using it as a way to protect themselves from other people's opinion, by considering the 'outsider' as non-woke. While people that are in line with their belief as woke. Meaning that those 'outsiders' have been brainwash by the society and couldn't see the truth. Thus, filtering everything that the 'outsider' gives regardless whether it is rationale or not.

And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

NSC political threads being a shining example of the above. 👍

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

It's a blanket term that bigots use for things they don't like. It's handy for them cos they can use it instead of the racist/homophobic/sexist slurs they actually want to use. Essentially it means "not white Christian male".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Firstly, well done for having the courage to seek alternative opinions. Far too many of the wokerati community hide behind ignore lists or spend most of their time trying to get people with different opinions banned.

Secondly, I wouldn't believe anything a moderator says re second accounts on this forum as they usually have an agenda or have no understanding of ip address identification protocols.

WOKE

When this term became popularized, initially the meaning of this term was when an individual become more aware of the social injustice. Or basically, any current affairs related like biased, discrimination, or double-standards.

However, as time passed by, people started using this term recklessly, assigning this term to themselves or someone they know to boost their confidence and reassure them that they have the moral high ground and are fighting for a better world. And sometimes even using it as a way to protect themselves from other people's opinion, by considering the 'outsider' as non-woke. While people that are in line with their belief as woke. Meaning that those 'outsiders' have been brainwash by the society and couldn't see the truth. Thus, filtering everything that the 'outsider' gives regardless whether it is rationale or not.

And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

Woke up with an erection ?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This is horseshit. Woke is your lovely new buzzword for "things lefties like and I don't". Basically anything to do with race, gender, sexual orientation and political alignment where you would use slurs that would get you banned from most public forums you can just use the all-encompassing "woke" instead. You love it cos you think normal people don't know what you're doing with this word. It's your secret little code word for when you want to be a twat.

End of.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is horseshit. Woke is your lovely new buzzword for "things lefties like and I don't". Basically anything to do with race, gender, sexual orientation and political alignment where you would use slurs that would get you banned from most public forums you can just use the all-encompassing "woke" instead. You love it cos you think normal people don't know what you're doing with this word. It's your secret little code word for when you want to be a twat.

End of.
That's why it is in his username 🤣🤣

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

WOKE

It's not just your matching IP (the only two that did) but also your identical ideology, identical language and posting style, identical time of posting and the date this new account was set up. It's frankly embarrassing that you set up a new account just because the old one had a few infraction points. It isn't banned.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

WOKE

It's not just your matching IP (the only two that did) but also your identical ideology, identical language and posting style, identical time of posting and the date this new account was set up. It's frankly embarrassing that you set up a new account just because the old one had a few infraction points. It isn't banned.
And there you go again.

Talking like you know what's going on.

That you don't know that there are groomers in the trans space shows you're not that enlightened.

You conveniently ignore Blaire White is calling these creeps out.

You conveniently ignore an absolute creep with a large following like Jeffrey Marsh that has openly targets kids.

You do this of course because you have never heard of them despite you apparently being the know all.

The only thing that's been killed is brain cells reading your clueless garbage on this subject.
:lolol:

It really is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

Things aren’t necessarily true because a couple of random people say so on the internet and the link you put up from The Guardian certainly didn’t prove your previous point as you thought.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

:lolol:

It really is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

Things aren’t necessarily true because a couple of random people say so on the internet and the link you put up from The Guardian certainly didn’t prove your previous point as you thought.
We need a campaign

BRiNG BACK JC FOOTBALL GENIUS

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

End of.
He didn't put this in quotation marks, but it isn't his definition. He has cut and pasted it from Urban Dictionary.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
WOKE

Next time you share you original thoughts with us, would you mind running them through an English UK spell checker first? It looks like you have just picked up some right wing US shite cut and pasted it here and expected us all to be impressed by your intellectual mastery.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Indeed it was, which is why I've voted for all of three major parties over the course of my voting lifetime.

I just don't get how anyone can be a Tory or Labour voter no matter what. Both parties have, at different times, represented what I felt was best for the country and both parties, at times, clearly weren't, to me at least.

To keep sticking your cross in the same box time after time just seems a bit weird to me.
Took some time to think about this one. I have always voted Labour in General Elections, but have voted for other parties in local elections. Having been eligible to vote since the early 80s I have only ever had Tory MPs and have yet to see one unseated, or even remotely threatened by other parties. I have always been voting for second place at best. First past the post doesn't exactly promote critical thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here