Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Firstly, well done for having the courage to seek alternative opinions. Far too many of the wokerati community hide behind ignore lists or spend most of their time trying to get people with different opinions banned.

Secondly, I wouldn't believe anything a moderator says re second accounts on this forum as they usually have an agenda or have no understanding of ip address identification protocols.

NSC political threads being a shining example of the above. 👍
So is it the Lefty Wokerati that tries to get Gary Lineker banned from the BBC for his Tweets defending asylum seekers, or Chris Packham banned from the BBC for his public campaigns against fox-hunting.

That notorious Left-wing Woke publication the Daily Mail is always demanding that someone or something be banned or sacked because it does not like the views or opinions expressed, and which offend 'snowflake' Daily Mail readers who don't have the resilience to be exposed to other points of view or different lifestyles. Instead, they are permanently offended and outraged, and automatically insist that "It shouldn't be allowed."

Or, in the US, those Woke Lefties getting classic books banned from libraries because they tackle racism ('To Kill a Mocking Bird), or feature 'explicit' sex scenes which offend so-called Christians - when they're not trying to ban abortion.

I think you'll find that, actually, in all the above examples, it's the Tory Right and (in the US) rabid Trump-worshipping Republicans who are determined to ban things and people they dislike and disagree with - all in the name of defending freedom, liberty and democracy, of course.

But I'm sure you won't let facts, reality or evidence get in the way of your prejudices or political agenda.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
It's not just your matching IP (the only two that did) but also your identical ideology, identical language and posting style, identical time of posting and the date this new account was set up. It's frankly embarrassing that you set up a new account just because the old one had a few infraction points. It isn't banned.

:lolol:

It really is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

Things aren’t necessarily true because a couple of random people say so on the internet and the link you put up from The Guardian certainly didn’t prove your previous point as you thought.

Weird. Cos when it came to discussions of the Catholic Church and their decades (centuries) of international, widespread abuse of children on NSC, TB was always keen to point out that they'd tried ever so hard to clean up their act and the nasty tabloids had it in for them. But, yeah, the trans spaces..

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Not really sure what 'woke' is, it's seemingly good and bad depending on your viewpoint, age, politics etc. Similarly 'Boomer' confuses me, also no idea who that refers to ?? Pigeonholing people with these derogatory terms isn't really helpful to anyone.

Regards

G.Ammon

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weird. Cos when it came to discussions of the Catholic Church and their decades (centuries) of international, widespread abuse of children on NSC, TB was always keen to point out that they'd tried ever so hard to clean up their act and the nasty tabloids had it in for them. But, yeah, the trans spaces..
Blaire White really is the trans equivalent of “one of my best friends is black”. A far right YouTuber with multiple citations on Snopes for talking bollocks :lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Firstly, well done for having the courage to seek alternative opinions. Far too many of the wokerati community hide behind ignore lists or spend most of their time trying to get people with different opinions banned.

Secondly, I wouldn't believe anything a moderator says re second accounts on this forum as they usually have an agenda or have no understanding of ip address identification protocols.

Finally to address your substantive question ...

WOKE

When this term became popularized, initially the meaning of this term was when an individual become more aware of the social injustice. Or basically, any current affairs related like biased, discrimination, or double-standards.

However, as time passed by, people started using this term recklessly, assigning this term to themselves or someone they know to boost their confidence and reassure them that they have the moral high ground and are fighting for a better world. And sometimes even using it as a way to protect themselves from other people's opinion, by considering the 'outsider' as non-woke. While people that are in line with their belief as woke. Meaning that those 'outsiders' have been brainwash by the society and couldn't see the truth. Thus, filtering everything that the 'outsider' gives regardless whether it is rationale or not.

And as of now, the original meaning is slowly fading and instead, is used more often to term someone as hypocritical and think they are the 'enlightened' despite the fact that they are extremely close-minded and are unable to accept other people's criticism or different perspective. Especially considering the existence of echo chamber(media) that helped them to find other like-minded individuals, thus, further solidifying their 'progressive' opinion.

NSC political threads being a shining example of the above. 👍
Cry me a river.

The amusing thing here is that the right seem to be more ‘wokey’ than those they call woke. If anything think happens that they don’t like it’s ban it, defund it , shut it down and don’t bully me. At the end of the day it’s a bunch of wankers who have been caught out, show to be a corrupt bunch of grifters and they don’t like it. it would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Okay, 'awareness'/'woke' (if you choose to call being aware 'woke') and it's pretty clear that being aware is a good thing - do you think it isn't?
Thats the original meaning, now its morphed into Critical race theory/neo-marxism where you are aware or "racism etc" everywhere.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Blaire White really is the trans equivalent of “one of my best friends is black”. A far right YouTuber with multiple citations on Snopes for talking bollocks :lolol:

Why is Blair White far right or are you just being lazy/sloppy with language?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Why is Blair White far right or are you just being lazy/sloppy with language?
She’s a Trump supporter and he’s a fascist. She’s been called far right by her own community in The Advocate. And you can’t even spell her name properly Mr Lazy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Sky News Australia stoking the woke fires here. Note that they show three tweets none of which suggestion annihilation or cancelling.

These ideas may have been tweeted but it screams of poor journalism.

When did some numpty on twitter sharing and opinion become news? We know sky don't follow this line for no reason so someone is benefitting from the 'yeah boo, woke cancel culture responses to these ridiculous 'news stories'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's not just your matching IP (the only two that did) but also your identical ideology, identical language and posting style, identical time of posting and the date this new account was set up. It's frankly embarrassing that you set up a new account just because the old one had a few infraction points. It isn't banned.

:lolol:

It really is like playing chess with a pidgeon.

Things aren’t necessarily true because a couple of random people say so on the internet and the link you put up from The Guardian certainly didn’t prove your previous point as you thought.

Things are true when you're a parent and you actually look into the shit that's on social media to determine if it's suitable for your kids to be using it.

Maybe you're just a lazy parent 🤷‍♂️

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Things are true when you're a parent and you actually look into the shit that's on social media to determine if it's suitable for your kids to be using it.

Maybe you're just a lazy parent 🤷‍♂️
My kids are very well educated online. It’s why they’ve always avoided Blaire White, Donald Trump, Andrew Tate and all the nut job QAnon and conspiracy sites :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My kids are very well educated online. It’s why they’ve always avoided Blaire White, Donald Trump and Andrew Tate and all the nut job QAnon and conspiracy sites :thumbsup:

None of those people are in the spaces young kids use. I mean how clueless are you.

How can you educate a kid when you have no clue about who and what is on social media :lolol:

It's like you thought you'd throw out a bunch of names of people you don't like and it would make it look like you knew what you were talking about. Didn't work :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Me “The economy’s a bit bobbin’s with high inflation, interest rates and low economic growth”

Anti-Wokes “But what about children who identify as cats?”

Me “Record waiting lists for operations and inability to find an NHS dentist is creating a two speed, increasingly fractured society”

Anti-Wokes “But what about rich TV presenters having their bank accounts downgraded?”

Me “Since COVID we now have record levels of children no longer attending school and it’s going to have a huge impact on their lives and the economy as a whole”

Anti-Wokes “But what about Huw Edwards…”

etc etc

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
None of those people are in the spaces young kids use. I mean how clueless are you.

How can you educate a kid when you have no clue about who and what is on social media :lolol:

It's like you thought you'd throw out a bunch of names of people you don't like and it would make it look like you knew what you were talking about. Didn't work :thumbsup:
You are funny. Who have you banned your kids from watching?

In the UK they specifically educate against hate accounts in school. Tate is one of them.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You don't have to ban anyone.

The one way kids will go seek something out is if you tell them not too.

Pretty easy to limit content using all the social media technology to filter out the creeps and weirdos and activists.
Doubt it, you’ll still be posting regardless x

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You don't have to ban anyone.

The one way kids will go seek something out is if you tell them not too.

Pretty easy to limit content using all the social media technology to filter out the creeps and weirdos and activists.
How sweet :lolol:

Let’s hope your kids don’t ever use the internet outside your house or use second or third accounts or get shown stuff by their mates…..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
How sweet :lolol:

Let’s hope your kids don’t ever use the internet outside your house or use second or third accounts or get shown stuff by their mates…..

They'll be fine, they hate internet influencers and hate politics.

Luckily they inherited the talented athletes genes, keeps em busy 🤾‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here