Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Is Woke a significant factor in any upcoming General Election?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They'll be fine, they hate internet influencers and hate politics.

Luckily they inherited the talented athletes genes, keeps em busy 🤾‍♂️
So, to sum up your position, you learned there are some bad internet influencers out there from an internet influencer. You’ve protected your kids, but not really, by banning but not banning certain accounts because preventing access to them is somehow different, but it’s all ok because they’re out doing manly sports stuff all the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really sure what 'woke' is, it's seemingly good and bad depending on your viewpoint, age, politics etc. Similarly 'Boomer' confuses me, also no idea who that refers to ?? Pigeonholing people with these derogatory terms isn't really helpful to anyone.

Regards

G.Ammon
Boomer is short for 'baby boomer' which refers to the glut of births 9 months after the end of WWII

Not sure how it been rebranded as derogatory. I would imagine it's a snide reference to people who are old (the baby boom was 87 years ago) and who apparently have had a rather easy life of full employment, final salary pensions and affordable housing. Before Thatcher started 'rebalancing' for us.

I see it has it's own wiki page and that I got the start of it correct, but not the end.

1690128150169.png

Apparently this makes 95% of those who post on NSC 'Boomers'. I'm emotional about that.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
She’s a Trump supporter and he’s a fascist. She’s been called far right by her own community in The Advocate. And you can’t even spell her name properly Mr Lazy.

Trump isn't a facist, looks like he is going to win next year. something isn't true because someone else says so.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Woke will enjoy it's 20 years or so in the sunshine
But as Islam becomes more and more prevalent, returning back to right wing views will be inevitable

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thats the original meaning, now its morphed into Critical race theory/neo-marxism where you are aware or "racism etc" everywhere.
I wasn't aware of that.

A key CRT concept is intersectionality—the way in which different forms of inequality and identity are affected by interconnections of race, class, gender, and disability.[6] Scholars of CRT view race as a social construct with no biological basis.[7][8] One tenet of CRT is that racism and disparate racial outcomes are the result of complex, changing, and often subtle social and institutional dynamics, rather than explicit and intentional prejudices of individuals. Academic critics of CRT argue it is based on storytelling instead of evidence and reason, rejects truth and merit, and undervalues liberalism.[15][21] Since 2020, conservative U.S. lawmakers have sought to ban or restrict the instruction of CRT education in primary and secondary schools,[1][22] as well as relevant training inside federal agencies.[23] Advocates of such bans argue that CRT is false, anti-American, villainizes white people, promotes radical leftism, and indoctrinates children.[15][24] Advocates of bans on CRT have been accused of misrepresenting its tenets, and of having the goal to broadly silence discussions of racism, equality, social justice, and the history of race.

So....an American thing, and you don't like this I assume? You think races are biologically distinct and that racism in an innate expression of different races. And presumably when you consider your race you consider it distinct? Presumably also virtuous (and superior)? And that your position is not a subject for critical analysis?

How very queer.

This seems to have nothing to do with 'wokeness'. Except as part of a general campaign of abuse of non-racists. Yet the word 'woke' does not appear as part of the larger narrative in this substantial article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Ditto 'neo-marxism' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Marxism

Perhaps all this has morphed in your mind into a target for your general anti-left anti-minority trope? That's for you to know and for me to raise one eyebrow a millimeter over. ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its a perception thing, why the Gaurdian calls the countryside "white supremacy".
Your punctuation, spelling and use of English are poor. Is English your second language?

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
I wasn't aware of that.

A key CRT concept is intersectionality—the way in which different forms of inequality and identity are affected by interconnections of race, class, gender, and disability.[6] Scholars of CRT view race as a social construct with no biological basis.[7][8] One tenet of CRT is that racism and disparate racial outcomes are the result of complex, changing, and often subtle social and institutional dynamics, rather than explicit and intentional prejudices of individuals. Academic critics of CRT argue it is based on storytelling instead of evidence and reason, rejects truth and merit, and undervalues liberalism.[15][21] Since 2020, conservative U.S. lawmakers have sought to ban or restrict the instruction of CRT education in primary and secondary schools,[1][22] as well as relevant training inside federal agencies.[23] Advocates of such bans argue that CRT is false, anti-American, villainizes white people, promotes radical leftism, and indoctrinates children.[15][24] Advocates of bans on CRT have been accused of misrepresenting its tenets, and of having the goal to broadly silence discussions of racism, equality, social justice, and the history of race.

So....an American thing, and you don't like this I assume? You think races are biologically distinct and that racism in an innate expression of different races. And presumably when you consider your race you consider it distinct? Presumably also virtuous (and superior)? And that your position is not a subject for critical analysis?

How very queer.

This seems to have nothing to do with 'wokeness'. Except as part of a general campaign of abuse of non-racists. Yet the word 'woke' does not appear as part of the larger narrative in this substantial article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Ditto 'neo-marxism' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Marxism

Perhaps all this has morphed in your mind into a target for your general anti-left anti-minority trope? That's for you to know and for me to raise one eyebrow a millimeter over. ???

Take your weak attempts at projection or smearing and shove them, we are done here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Trump isn't a facist, looks like he is going to win next year. something isn't true because someone else says so.
He absolutely is. He's a racist who should have been tried for treason in 2020 for an armed insurrection against democracy, oppresses minority groups, has sent an already right wing Republican party even further right by hijacking the system and using terms like 'RINO' for any moderate he encounters. It's completely fascist behaviour and deeply worrying.

Luckily, by the next election, he'll be in jail where he belongs.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This has probably already been dealt with earlier in the thread but here's my tuppence. An undefined "woke" will only be an issue in the election as the Tories will push it as they've demonstrated themselves to be incapable of handling the real issues. They'll be aided by their minions, conscious and unconscious, in the press and social media.

Most of the public will vote based on things like the economy not cat children and transgender wheelchairs.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
He absolutely is. He's a racist who should have been tried for treason in 2020 for an armed insurrection against democracy, oppresses minority groups, has sent an already right wing Republican party even further right by hijacking the system and using terms like 'RINO' for any moderate he encounters. It's completely fascist behaviour and deeply worrying.

Luckily, by the next election, he'll be in jail where he belongs.

Most of that isn't true, if he does go to jail he will still win the election. It was not an armed insurrection, the only shots fired were by security guards. What minority groups has he oppressed and how?

But calling people RINOs is facist behaviour but making up words like "phobes", Gammons and deniers isn't?

Do you have any standards that are not double?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Boomer is short for 'baby boomer' which refers to the glut of births 9 months after the end of WWII

Not sure how it been rebranded as derogatory. I would imagine it's a snide reference to people who are old (the baby boom was 87 years ago) and who apparently have had a rather easy life of full employment, final salary pensions and affordable housing. Before Thatcher started 'rebalancing' for us.

I see it has it's own wiki page and that I got the start of it correct, but not the end.

View attachment 163964

Apparently this makes 95% of those who post on NSC 'Boomers'. I'm emotional about that.
Despite not hearing anybody use the term in about 15years, I maintain I'm Generation Y rather than millennial.
And I'll vote for anybody who supports that position, regardless of how blatantly incompetent or corrupt they may otherwise be.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Most of that isn't true, if he does go to jail he will still win the election. It was not an armed insurrection, the only shots fired were by security guards. What minority groups has he oppressed and how?

But calling people RINOs is facist behaviour but making up words like "phobes", Gammons and deniers isn't?

If you look at Umberto Eco's fascist checklist, Trump ticks a lot of boxes. Jokingly calling someone a gammon or earnestly calling out transphobia isn't comparable.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Speak for yourself mate. Some of us are backing up Billy Idol. Apparently, Gen X is the American term. Sadly, in the UK, my generation are known as 'Thatcher's Children' - Seems unfair. I've never felt the inclination to attempt a coup nor to racially abuse any tennis players.

And I still can't believe that my parents are part of the silent generation.... They never got that memo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

How do you know those are my standards?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where is this definition taken from?
Your short question is ignored. My long question rattled him ???

One of the shittiest, most amateurish twits I have ever seen on NSC.

And the bad grammar and that. Rude. Simply rude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here