Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this Part of the Reason we Cannot Score?

B.W. said:
Not allowing a strike pairing to develop HAS made a difference, and that is MM's fault, IMHO...

And which two players would you have selected incessantly regardless of form or results?

Can I make an appeal to people who agree with this daft theory to at least state the names of two players.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
London Irish said:
And which two players would you have selected incessantly regardless of form or results?

Can I make an appeal to people who agree with this daft theory to at least state the names of two players.

Would've been Knight and CKR. But seeing as how that isn't going to work now i'd go for CKR and McPhee. Pace, Power and Work Ethic. Sorted! :thumbsup:

But I suppose should these two do the business on Saturday, but then not perform at Bramwall Lane, We should chop and change it, because that does young players confidence no end of good. :shootself

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
With what we have now I would probably start with the Trolley as an out and out target man with either Robinson or CKR playing just behind him. CKR does not play well with his back to goal - if he plays as the leading forward he'll get booked every game and be suspended again before the end of January. While I know Trolley is not the greatest he does at least hold the ball up - I don't know the stats but I would guess that more of our chances against Coventry came once he was on as he at least helped to get others into the game.

For the time being I would probably opt for Trolley and Jake (he does at least put defenders under pressure) with CKR resuming his supersub role in the last half an hour if we need to freshen things up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:

Peter Ward scored goals for fun because he had consistent a strike partners - sometimes not even a very good one. The same could be said of Bobby Zamora.

Do you remember Peter Ward, Stephen? No? Oh never mind - any two from trolley, El Turi, CKR and Robinson it is then.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
London Irish said:

but you're missing the whole point (again). It's not about WHO plays there it's consistancy you rugby loving goon.

LDH said:
but you're missing the whole point (again). It's not about WHO plays there it's consistancy you rugby loving goon.

Yep, consistent UNDERPERFORMANCE.

It's great, isn't it, that all the goons who replied to my challenge haven't named one common partnership, and arch-goon Simper has just named all the strikers! :lolol:

Will the penny drop that we currently don't have two strikers who are clear of the others to be picked incessantly regardless of results and form?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Will the penny drop that we currently don't have two strikers who are clear of the others to be picked incessantly regardless of results and form?
You need to play consistently in order to pick up form, you muppet.

Have you ever played the game? Ah no, another silly question I fear.

Simster said:
So when was the last time the same two strikers played in 4 successive games for Albion?

When was the last time we had two strikers who were good enough to demand that right?

*is the real question you should be asking Simper*

Simster said:
You need to play consistently in order to pick up form, you muppet.

Have you ever played the game? Ah no, another silly question I fear.

Ah yes, I'm sure your football credentials outshine that of McGhee, Booker, Hinshelwood, Wilkins, White etc.

Do you forget, Simper, that it's not me you are arguing with, but them? :)

And come on, stop sitting on the fence, who are your two best strikers you would stick with come what may, come bad form, come bad results, and, why the heck not, come injuries? :lolol:

Have the guts to name two players!

The bizarre thing is that all the people who support this daft theory have picked different partnerships. You would think they would be interested in debating the merits of their different picks with each other? Oh no! Just pick any two, as long as it's the same! :lolol:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Extended run of Trolley and one of CKR or Jakey. Would pick one and give the other about 20 mins at the end, more or less depending on how the game is going.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Ah yes, I'm sure your football credentials outshine that of McGhee, Booker, Hinshelwood, Wilkins, White etc.

Do you forget, Simper, that it's not me you are arguing with, but them? :)
Bless - you do like to do that. i.e. Fail to answer the question because you can't, so you resort to the old "well Mark McGhee agrees with me SO THERE" flounce. :D I guess we shouldn't give our opinions here then, because they're obviously wrong because McGhee doesn't agree with us.

London Irish said:
And come on, stop sitting on the fence, who are your two best strikers you would stick with come what may, come bad form, come bad results, and, why the heck not, come injuries? :lolol:

Have the guts to name two players!
*sigh* I'll say what I've been saying for the past 2 months. I'd start with CKR for sure, and play him with either McCammon or Robinson. I'm not sure which, I think they bring different qualities to the table, but neither are all that good. However, what I do know from my experiences playing the game, is that the weaknesses can certainly be improved upon by playing regualrly and forming an understanding with your team mates. See John Crumplin* for details (amongst many others I suspect). Now why don't you f*** off to the search facility and spend 20 minutes trying to disprove what I've just said. :lolol:

London Irish said:
The bizarre thing is that all the people who support this daft theory have picked different partnerships. You would think they would be interested in debating the merits of their different picks with each other? Oh no! Just pick any two, as long as it's the same! :lolol:
So f***ing what. It's a message board you silly rugby loving dork.

* before your time, plastic. He was here over 5 years ago.

Simster said:
I'd start with CKR for sure, and play him with either McCammon or Robinson. I'm not sure which, I think they bring different qualities to the table, but neither are all that good.

Thanks Simper, you've saved me the time of arguing against your post by doing it yourself :lolol:

The penny may not be dropping, but it's getting slightly dislodged :drink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Thanks Simper, you've saved me the time of arguing against your post by doing it yourself :lolol:
No, no I haven't. The fact that I'm not sure who the second striker should be does not mean I want McGhee to change the second striker every game. :simpleton:

I think McGhee should make the decision which of the two should partner CKR - but that he should in fact make that decision rather than chopping and changing every single game.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Spurs Lose on sunday for the first time in ages, they looked crap up front and neither striker really looked like scoring or knew where the other was, guess what? it wasnt there first choice striker PARTNERSHIP.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Re: Re: Is this Part of the Reason we Cannot Score?

twickers said:
There's a flaw in your hypothesis as, with the greatest respect to Bobby's team mates at the time, Bobby Zamora played with part time DJ's and for all he cared it could have been turds week in week out and he scored goals. I concur, either a striker converts the chances into goals or he doesn't, ours or wannabe strikers haven't. If he needs to hold hands and go steady with another striker to get that 'understanding' then he ought not turn out for Brighton because actually we're doing alright for chances, just no-one manages to get their blessed banjo within an inch of the barn door.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here